Shoutbox

3.20: suggestion: drag&drop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop (/showthread.php?tid=31728)

3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by riahc4 on 09-19-2004 at 10:43 PM

yep already lol

on the Contact on Desktop feature if u hover over information appears about ur contact. Whats that about notes???

Never mind

the suggestion: DRAG AND DROP. It just feels right to drag ur contact outta the list onto the desktop/windows and automatically Contact on desktop

other than that

great (small) release Patchou!!!! :D:D:D

EDIT: Changed title by request of CookieRevised

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by Patchou on 09-19-2004 at 10:47 PM

Drag&drop won't be added for several reasons, including technical ones. So, a note to everybody who would be tempted to post this suggestion in the future: don't ;).

Hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless!
Patch

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by VenturerX on 09-20-2004 at 02:20 AM

I love the fact that you can place a contact on the desktop - great feature!  One great addition to this feature would be the ability to drag'n'drop files onto the desktop contact ...

Cheers!
Vx

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by CookieRevised on 09-20-2004 at 03:44 AM

riahc4 was talking about dragging a contact from the contactlist to your desktop of which Patchou replied it wont be added...

VenturerX made another suggestion then that. He suggested to drag files on to the floating contact.

Patchou didn't nessecairly meant that this drag&drop also isn't possible...
If he also meant that, then he sure will reply to make it more clear that ANY drag&drop involving floating contacts can't be done (because it isn't clear atm)...

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by Patchou on 09-20-2004 at 05:15 AM

Haa... drag&droping files on the floating windows IS a good idea... that will be done in the next version :).

As for drag&drop, what Imean is that I can't (don't want to, same thing :p) control drag&drop from and tothe contact list window. It is already used to move contacts from a group to another, overriding itwould be very confusing for everyone.

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by VenturerX on 09-20-2004 at 11:23 AM

Great news!  I'll be eagerly awaiting!  ;)

Thanks Patchou!
Vx

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Haa... drag&droping files on the floating windows IS a good idea... that will be done in the next version :).

As for drag&drop, what Imean is that I can't (don't want to, same thing :p) control drag&drop from and tothe contact list window. It is already used to move contacts from a group to another, overriding itwould be very confusing for everyone.

Great news...Was just about to suggest this untill i read this thread...Also, question when you do add this feature and you drag something and drop it over the contact, it will open a conversation window wont it? Just a question
RE: 3.20: Suggestion by John on 09-20-2004 at 12:13 PM

yeah, it would have to :) (wouldnt it?)

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by CookieRevised on 09-20-2004 at 12:52 PM

yep of course, it will work exactly the same as if you drag&drop a file on someone in the contactlist.... I lika it a lotta :D

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by riahc4 on 09-20-2004 at 02:47 PM

quote:

Amazing one day after the 3.20 release and ALREADY a new feature has been announced for the next Messenger Plus!

I too was gonna suggest that about dropping files on a floating window. But Cookie had to take away my pride and glory of adding a new feature to Plus! and say it himself. Damn it! :D

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by Millenium_edition on 09-20-2004 at 03:06 PM

how about drag&dropping text, to send it to the contact ;) ?

RE: 3.20: Suggestion by riahc4 on 09-20-2004 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

Not even windows supports that i think lmao Ive never dragged notepad text to a filename

Patchou is now gonna rewrite windows too!!! lol
RE: 3.20: Suggestion by Millenium_edition on 09-20-2004 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:

Not even windows supports that i think lmao Ive never dragged notepad text to a filename

:dodgy: word supports drag and drop, richtextboxes support that too...
RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by jordanspringer on 09-22-2004 at 01:38 AM

if you ever desided to make dragging and dropping contacts from the messenger window to the desktop and vice versa, one suggestion to make this process less confusing would be this:

when dragging a contact from the desktop, back into messenger (to take the contact off the desktop) have it so u can just drag that contact anywheres onto the screen and it simply hides (removes) the desktop feature for that contact. dont have it so when u drag them back into messenger u have to arrange them back into the special groups and move them all around etc... like msn messenger does without plus

hopefully you know what i mean:P

RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by Patchou on 09-22-2004 at 03:41 AM

drag&droping text on a contact... hum... that'spossible butwould that really be useful? for internet urls maybe. I'll do that too.

RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by riahc4 on 09-22-2004 at 09:02 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:

:dodgy: word supports drag and drop, richtextboxes support that too...

yes but filenames for example in windows dont....

but God has spoken...
quote:
drag&droping text on a contact... hum... that'spossible butwould that really be useful? for internet urls maybe. I'll do that too.

So i guess its gonna happen. Sorry for doubting you M_E :D
RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by Patchou on 09-22-2004 at 09:58 PM

Yeah well, it pains me to add something Me suggested but hey, I got to make some compromise sometimes ;) (j/k of course).

RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by CookieRevised on 09-23-2004 at 07:15 AM

(Y) I actually will use it a lot.... because I often need to send some large texts/lists and it would save me a lot of time when I simply can drag the text to a contact, instead of copy the list, clicking on the messenger window, opening a convo, and paste the list :D (and behold, the contact(s) on which I will use this are also my floating contacts :D)

RE: 3.20: suggestion: drag&drop by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 11:41 AM

this sounds great i cant wait when i host tournaments i have to copy the url in my browser of the tournament page then go to each contact 1 by 1 and go paste if i could simply drag the url of the page onto them this would be great and save me time. how about adding an additional parameter to this that if i draged the text onto the name of a grop it would send the text to every online contact in that group?