Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3.20 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! 3.20 (/showthread.php?tid=31729)

Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Patchou on 09-19-2004 at 10:43 PM

Hello everyone,

After 3 months of waiting, a new version of Messenger Plus! has finally been be released. I've been very busy during the summer and I wanted to make sure that the new release was worth the wait. Messenger Plus! 3.20 contains various improvements you don't want to miss. Here is a quick overview of what's waiting for you in this new version:

• Contacts on Desktop - you can now move your favorite contacts on your desktop and keep your big contact list window closed for good. A lot of configuration option is available and most features of Messenger Plus! can be accessed directly at the click of a button.

• Command Helpers - the command browser, as well as the contact browser, have been improved and are now much more useful than it ever was. The helper windows stay displayed while you type the beginning of commands/names/emails and suggest the closest match for selection. Those of you who use plugins will mostly appreciate this improvement.

• Plugin API - more and more plugins are being developed for Messenger Plus! every month, that's why the API has been improved. New samples and a new SetNewName() function are waiting for you. The online database will also be updated very soon.

• Full compatibility with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 (distributed with Windows XP SP2).
  • Various improvements based on popular requests such as the ability to chose what request to auto-accept and the display of tooltips in the event viewer.
  • Many bug fixes, covering (but not limited to) often reported issues such as for the banner-removal feature or the logging encryption option.
I still focus my efforts on maintaining a solid product as well as improving existing features and developing new ones that will suit your daily needs. Messenger Plus! is not bloated with useless options or features and it will never be. Everything it includes comes from requests you're giving every day on forums and newsgroups. This week, my user count has passed the 6 million barrier, thank you so much for continuing to support my product and proving that my efforts are well worth the trouble :).

Patchou
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by KeyStorm on 09-19-2004 at 10:44 PM

Great work Patchou, once again! (Y) Congratulations :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Peri on 09-19-2004 at 10:45 PM

Good work!!!!! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Itanium on 09-19-2004 at 10:46 PM

Now this surely worth + 0.2 in version numbering. Great update :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by lylesback2 on 09-19-2004 at 10:47 PM

sweet :D  already installed ;)

OHH patchou.. that contacts on desktop option is WAY! cool!!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by RebelSean on 09-19-2004 at 10:52 PM

Sweet work patchou! Awesome job bro!!!!!!!!!!! It was weeeeeelllllllllllll worth the wait! Thanks alot!!! YYour awesome!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by zortoflaven on 09-19-2004 at 10:55 PM

Contacts on Desktop owns! Need I say more?

You rock Patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by ipab on 09-19-2004 at 10:56 PM

patchou, it asks me for my previous pass that i used to encrypt my chat logs and when i put it in it doesnt work :dodgy:

\\EDIT//

got into the preferences and changed the pass,
btw when i "checked for updates" in the about box when i was using 3.01.94 it said that there were no updates availabe, but when i went to the dowload section there it was 3.20.100 in all its glory :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Grue on 09-19-2004 at 10:57 PM

Good Job Patchou!! THANK YOU!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Plik on 09-19-2004 at 10:57 PM

Very very very very nice indeed. Love the contacts on desktop.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Chrono on 09-19-2004 at 11:00 PM

well done Patchou (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Abz2k4 on 09-19-2004 at 11:07 PM

Just downloaded it, the contacts on Desktop feature is quite cool :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Guido on 09-19-2004 at 11:13 PM

You just keep doing it, Patch :gfdrin:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by ScaryMovieFan on 09-19-2004 at 11:15 PM

The thing frooze when i tried to install it.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Grue on 09-19-2004 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
patchou, it asks me for my previous pass that i used to encrypt my chat logs and when i put it in it doesnt work :dodgy:

\\EDIT//

got into the preferences and changed the pass,
btw when i "checked for updates" in the about box when i was using 3.01.94 it said that there were no updates availabe, but when i went to the dowload section there it was 3.20.100 in all its glory :dodgy:

I had this same password problem....
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by RebelSean on 09-19-2004 at 11:21 PM

Patchou, lets see..HUGE BUG...And I mean HUGE...

Okay before in the version before 3.20 my chat log password was ******, okay i installed 3.20 and when i signed in it asked me for my password, i typed ****** nand it said it was incorrect, okay then I typed ###### which is my password to unlock msn messenger when i locked,,,Okay it worked...Then I deleted all chat logs, and the My Chat Logs folder, then I changed my password back to ****** for my chat logs in the preferences, it does the SAME thing again it wont accept ****** but will accept ######....Big problem there bud..

Another thing man, when you have contacts on desktop it shows threw EVERYTHING! can you make it were it don't show threw everything? would be awesome if you'd do that :)

I just figured it out :)

Note: "******" is one password and "######" is another :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by si3rra on 09-19-2004 at 11:22 PM

works great !! (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y):D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by lopardo on 09-19-2004 at 11:30 PM

:banana: Downloading right now, thanks Patch!! ;-)

BTW:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in [url
http://www.msgplus.net/changelog.php]Messenger[/url] Plus! is now entirely compatible with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 (released with Windows XP SP2). Note that some features are still not available for Windows Messenger and will never be (at least, as long as Windows Messenger stays a second class Messenger client for home users).
Windows Messenger isn't a second class Messenger client, it just has some different features and it's more aimed for work use than for home use (MSN Messenger is for home use).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Joe on 09-19-2004 at 11:32 PM

wizzz00t

oh, and i had the same problem as Sean...*-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by marissa on 09-19-2004 at 11:33 PM

neat, thanks patchou ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by kingboy on 09-19-2004 at 11:36 PM

well worth the wait! contacts on desktop feature is awsome!:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Sk3tch on 09-19-2004 at 11:45 PM

as always... excellent (Y)

thanks Patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Pyroteq on 09-19-2004 at 11:54 PM

Great work patch,  love the desktop feature (Y)(Y)(Y)

Still having problems with the log encryptions not recognising my password though... (Same as atownjoe and sean)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Jeronimo on 09-20-2004 at 12:10 AM

Another great release (y)

Nice work. I especially like the fact that I can now set only files to be auto-accepted. Lots of people will be happy with this new feature I'm sure :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Patchou on 09-20-2004 at 12:22 AM

Thanks for all the comments.... the problem you're experiencing with the password is a glitch, nto a bug, it won't cause any problem of any kind :). I'll fix it now and I'll update the setup (without vhanging the version number, please wait until tomorrow before mirroring the current one).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by bmtaylor on 09-20-2004 at 12:26 AM

Once the revised version is up (and I'm awake again), my mirror will be up and running.

I won't put it up right now, I'll wait until you've revised the release.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Sanjay on 09-20-2004 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thanks for all the comments.... the problem you're experiencing with the password is a glitch, nto a bug, it won't cause any problem of any kind :). I'll fix it now and I'll update the setup (without changing the version number, please wait until tomorrow before mirroring the current one).
Thanks for the great program Patchou. But if you don't change vertsion numbers how will we know that you have the corrected version ready for download.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by banky on 09-20-2004 at 12:28 AM

you should add more colors to the border/texrt/backgrounds on the display contacts on desktop feature in the next version.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
you should add more colors to the border/texrt/backgrounds on the display contacts on desktop feature in the next version.

I agree...And would like to make Custum Colors from like a color wheel!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Cougar on 09-20-2004 at 12:32 AM

How do we configure to be able to view users that are online but just have us blocked?? 

v3.20 Changelog: The "CtcDetachStatusOnly" registry setting allows you to always display the real status of your contacts, and not special status things like "blocked".

Thanks.

- Cougar

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by ipab on 09-20-2004 at 12:33 AM

for all u guys/girls who are having problems with the log encryption problem, this is how i solved it:

1)when the prompt comes up to put in the old password, hit cancel

2) go into Privacy Protection------->Passwords------>Log Encryption--->Change password, put in your old password or a new one you like

Voila! Your set to go :D

p.s. the glitch was first pointed out by me :D :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Sk3tch on 09-20-2004 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cougar
How do we configure to be able to view users that are online but just have us blocked?? 

v3.20 Changelog: The "CtcDetachStatusOnly" registry setting allows you to always display the real status of your contacts, and not special status things like "blocked".
You got it a little mixed up, the "CtcDetachStatusOnly" is for your desktop contacts.. so you can see the real status of the contact.. (IE if you have 'them' blocked.. you can see there status)..  this does not work as a block checker in any way.. and this should also be set as default already :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Cougar on 09-20-2004 at 01:07 AM

Yep!  Thank you for clearing that up.  Its still a great feature.... although it wouldnt hurt to have it work the way I said.  ~grinz~  :)    Thanks for being quick on the answer there.

This new Plus! looks better than ever before.  I've already taught 3 friends how to use it tonight.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Patchou on 09-20-2004 at 01:27 AM

Please, if you have suggestions, post in new threads (and no, I  won't add a "add all on desktop" feature, it defeats the whole purpose in my opinion).

As for the password glitch, it has been fixed and the new version has been uploaded on the server. As I said in the change log, if you're upgrading and you were already using the log encryption feature, your will be prompted to enter your password again. You can rechoose to save your password and you won't be prompted anymore.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by kikker429 on 09-20-2004 at 01:33 AM

Greetings my isp eastlink does block access to the download site, any mirror of the new 3.2 release? Or just email it to me?

Please Help!

Thanks,

Kikker

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Pyroteq on 09-20-2004 at 01:41 AM

thanks Patch, Glitch fixed.. Nice work!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by s7a5 on 09-20-2004 at 01:45 AM

amazing :D
i love the new desktop feature
and no more add bug
now i wanna use msn more and more
yay!!!! :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Chrono on 09-20-2004 at 03:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kikker429
any mirror of the new 3.2 release?
Mirrors: http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/62787.shtml
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by x2zen on 09-20-2004 at 04:48 AM

Just installed :D Its good ..... I Love It

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by WDZ on 09-20-2004 at 04:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Mirrors: http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/62787.shtml
Hmm... I just tested one of the Simtel mirror sites here in the USA, and it had the old version. Until it gets updated, people can use this mirror...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/files/MsgPlus-320.exe
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Vilkku on 09-20-2004 at 06:32 AM

:bow: Patchou :bow:

Great work! (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by bmtaylor on 09-20-2004 at 08:30 AM

Uploading as I'm typing this.

http://smidsy.myby.co.uk/MsgPlus-320.exe

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by kri on 09-20-2004 at 09:30 AM

This is great!

Congratulations Patchou! :clap:

The "contacts on desktop" rocks! (L)

Regards,
kri

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Chestah on 09-20-2004 at 09:36 AM

lol don't you have to ask patchou's permission to host his files :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Pipish on 09-20-2004 at 09:40 AM

wow great work patchou thankyou well worth the wait :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by EGIS on 09-20-2004 at 09:53 AM

Great news!
Too bad I'm at school right now so I can't try it out before i get home :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Sith Warrior on 09-20-2004 at 10:33 AM

Hmm that contacts on the desktop is realy sweet, reminds me of my ICQ days :) (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Varish on 09-20-2004 at 10:43 AM

Very nice indeed. Just one problem, i wan't my contants to float  on the desktop ONLY, so i check out always on top option, but the thing is, when i use Ctrl + D to minimize all windows, the floating contants is also minimized. But other wise, its all cool.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by CookieRevised on 09-20-2004 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
when i use Ctrl + D to minimize all windows, the floating contants is also minimized. But other wise, its all cool.
That's a common "glitch/limitation" (mind the quotes) in programs that have things which you can select for "always on top" or "stick to desktop"....

The problem is also that WIN+D ("show desktop") (<= isn't that what you mean?) actualy doesn't show the desktop like it should, but rather minimizes all windows, including the sticky ones (there is a small, but important difference there) (or to put it in a more technical correct way: it brings the desktop window on top of the z-stack order). And since the floating contacts are also windows, they are minimized as well.

To show the desktop you better use WIN+M ("minimize all windows"), which simply shows the desktop without minimizing the windows which are stuck to the desktop because it minimizes only the windows which support the "minimize" command. And useually sticky desktop windows don't have the minimize command in their system menu; If there is a window that doesn't have a minimize button, then it is left alone.

The downside because of that is that with WIN+M you can't toggle between desktop/current application ofcourse, like you can with WIN+D. To switch back to the current application you need to use WIN+SHIFT+M ("restore minimized windows"), or hit WIN+D twice.

A similar thing occurs with the popular RainLendar program. Showing the desktop also minimizes that although it should be sticking to the desktop. It is fixed in that program though (but it is a "experimental" fix). But this also means that the native transparency of Windows 2k/XP can't be used and is done manualy. (for more see the RainLendar site)

So, in fact, all this is "normal" Windows beheviour, although it may can be fixed, this is rather tempering with the way how Windows actually works.

note: clicking on the desktop icon in the quicklaunch of your taskbar performs the same beheviour as if you would press WIN+D.

see also: http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/05/27/143042.aspx
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Varish on 09-20-2004 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
To switch back to the current application you need to use WIN+SHIFT+M

Didn't know abt that one cookie, i think i'll start using Ctrl+M from here onwards. :P thanks for the useful info then...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Sunshine on 09-20-2004 at 12:45 PM

Wow i love the floating contacts..there's always someone u'd like to keep track of whilst ur workin with other fullscreen progs..very well done :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Mnjul on 09-20-2004 at 12:54 PM

Good job Patchi (Y)

As always, mirror here: (I just downloaded it 10 minutes ago, and I believe it's already Patchou's "tomorrow", so I think it's the latest one)
http://www.ck.tp.edu.tw/~ck910833/self/stuffpic/MsgPlus-320.exe (3,481,600 Bytes)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by andrey on 09-20-2004 at 01:35 PM

Great work Patchou, i love the new features ! :o)
Now relax a little, you deserve it. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Twan on 09-20-2004 at 02:03 PM

Yes the floating contact are great  i love it especialy because you can edit them as jou like, colours ect.   Thnx again patchou for another masterwork (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by nus on 09-20-2004 at 02:55 PM

Great, great work!

Contacts on desktop, i think that you are gonna use the ideas you have for it :D

:bow:Patchou:bow:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by GiantSpider on 09-20-2004 at 03:28 PM

Amazing as allways.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by reisyboy on 09-20-2004 at 04:12 PM

Well done Patchou congrats i have to say its more than i expected in an upgrade heheheh new feature :D:)

Roll on more hehehe ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by jren207 on 09-20-2004 at 04:30 PM

Very good version :D

Love the contacts on desktop feature (like many many other people :P  )

Downloaded it as soon as I got home from school :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by TheDude on 09-20-2004 at 05:54 PM

Good work patchou (Y):D

The external IP giver doesn't work entirely right which I have reported here:   http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31787

But apart from that great stuff :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by BooGhost on 09-20-2004 at 06:21 PM

GREAT :O

:bow: each time Plus! gets better :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Kryptonate on 09-20-2004 at 06:27 PM

looks great, I like the contacts on dekstop feature =)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Joe on 09-20-2004 at 06:29 PM

The Feature's Great... but i doubt i'll use it very often, thanks n e ways Patch;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Smethead on 09-20-2004 at 07:03 PM

nice job patchou (y) keep it up

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by bungleMX on 09-20-2004 at 07:37 PM

contacts on dekstop ROCK's, but if there's possible to move all my conact list to my desktop in only one step, and keep my taskbar free of messenger will be nice
:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Millenium_edition on 09-20-2004 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
contacts on dekstop ROCK's, but if there's possible to move all my conact list to my desktop in only one step, and keep my taskbar free of messenger will be nice
:D
that wouldn't be nice, that would be sad. but is has been suggested before and the author of the thread got a clean no in his face, so don't bother asking again ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by bungleMX on 09-20-2004 at 08:03 PM

the only sad thing here is your reply hehehehe, iim conna ask for a plugin anyway, but thanks for your reply:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Choli on 09-20-2004 at 10:01 PM

Well done, Patchou!

* Choli still has to read the change log :^)

btw: I've updated the tweaker :P link in my sig ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by lizard.boy on 09-20-2004 at 11:12 PM

heh i think a name change is approprite..
Messenger Plus! to:
Messenger Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus! Plus!

w2g patchou it keeps getting better

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by kittyangel on 09-21-2004 at 12:11 AM

You are great, Patchou.  Thanks for the update.  Everything is running good here. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by CookieRevised on 09-21-2004 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX

search the forum, I've replied to that thread where it was suggested and I gave a solution for it so you can do it with ""1 click"" (mind the quotes)....
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by BEWARE^^ on 09-21-2004 at 07:01 AM

"SUPER" job(Y)(Y)(Y) you did patchou in the last 3 months you know why coz you were moving to a nother home and makeing it possible to make a nother version of msgplus so that why its a "SUPER" job(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by toenie on 09-21-2004 at 04:51 PM

It's a cool new feature, that friend-on-desktop thing :P

Good work! (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Wabz on 09-22-2004 at 12:44 AM

Once again I'm late in congratulating you Patchou :P

But its certainly like usual better than the last.  I don't know how you keep exceeding yourself.  Floating Contacts is pure genius I really don't know where you get the ideas from

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by RaveRod on 09-23-2004 at 07:41 AM

Great work Patchou. One of the best updates yet.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the contacts on your desktop feature. I use it in combination with my Samurize script. It looks great.

One feature I would like added to the contacts on desktop in the ability to lock them in place (I have a tendancy to click them and move them accidentally).

Again, GREAT WORK Patchou!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by crank on 09-24-2004 at 07:45 PM

Absolutly wonderfull update!
I love those desktop contacts (who doesn't right?)

GREAT JOB PATCHOU!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by caldjeff on 09-24-2004 at 10:35 PM

I'm so happy I've got tears in my eyes.  I don't know if the desktop feature had anything to do with me (I did suggest this feature back in June), but I'm going to tell my friends it did. ;)

I've been waiting to have the floating feature back ever since I started using ICQ circa 1996.  Of course, Patchou, you've really outdone yourself (and ICQ) this time with all the config options.  You've saved me at least three clicks about 500 times a day (that's a lot of clicks).  Thanks a million!!

I can't even think of anything else to ask for now!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.20 by Patchou on 09-24-2004 at 11:09 PM

Thank you very much for all this positive feedback. You should know that due tothe popularity of the new floating contacts feature, I'll try to improve it as much as possible in version 3.21, due end of October.