Shoutbox

Blogging - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Blogging (/showthread.php?tid=31781)

Blogging by reisyboy on 09-20-2004 at 04:29 PM

Hey guys after a little absance of starting A Levels and stuff and working and sleeping :P i decided i needed to pick you brains :)

What PHP/MySQL Blogging Package would you recomend :)

RE: Blogging by Tarry on 09-20-2004 at 04:42 PM

Well, when I used to have a weblog, I didn't use a blogging package as is, I used Fusion News, which is a news management system. It has great features like comments and plain-text files (without mysql). I really reccommend it!

RE: Blogging by reisyboy on 09-20-2004 at 04:49 PM

No no, id just like to get a blog on system :) for because i run a site and i want to make a subsite bit of a blog:)

RE: Blogging by Tarry on 09-20-2004 at 04:54 PM

I used Fusion News as a blogging tool :P

RE: Blogging by reisyboy on 09-20-2004 at 05:02 PM

hehehe, i guess i could do that :-/ but.. still anyone else know just a blogging system :P?

RE: Blogging by Tarry on 09-20-2004 at 05:09 PM

You can find lots of them here.

I reccommend you to use WordPress, which is a GREAT blogging system.

RE: Blogging by wj on 09-20-2004 at 05:13 PM

I currently use B2, Not recomended.

I have heard good things about word press and moveable type (limited to one use, but still good).

RE: Blogging by Tarry on 09-20-2004 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
moveable type

Movable Type uses CGI, and I don't reccommend it. WordPress is faster, nicer and uses PHP/MySQL. With MT you have to republish your front page and archives everytime you post. With WP you simply don't have to, which makes it faster. WP has a really clear user interface for administration, and great designs to use for the visitors interface. I really reccommend WP.
RE: Blogging by Chris.1 on 10-03-2004 at 01:20 PM

Go for WordPress!

RE: Blogging by bach_m on 10-03-2004 at 01:25 PM

MT is perl, not PHP.

I use WordPress, Surfi uses wordpress and so does a growing number of people. its fast and simple to set up, and highly customizable if u kno HTML and PHP.
just take it for a spin, if u don't like it, delete the files and the DB tables :P

RE: Blogging by Jeronimo on 10-03-2004 at 01:54 PM

+1 vote for Wordpress. It's very easy to install, took me about 5 minutes initially, its being developed lots, its easy to use, it allows the use of plugins, and its completely free!

Check out the link in my signature to see it in action. What I really like about it, is that its written using XHTML which means it was easy for me to use my CSS to control its look. I have 3 different styles which Wordpress lends itself to most easily.

Possibly most telling is that my friend used Moveable Type for years, and switched over to Wordpress when I recommended it to him. If nothing else, its worth checking out (y)

RE: Blogging by reisyboy on 10-03-2004 at 03:07 PM

KK ill try WordPress you all seem to rave about it.... no other ones to concider :)?

RE: Blogging by musicalmidget on 10-03-2004 at 04:43 PM

I visit some sites that use BBlog, but most seem to use WordPress.

RE: Blogging by dotNorma on 10-03-2004 at 04:53 PM

Wordpress is the way to go (y)

It is like a 5 step installation and functions perfectly. Only thing is you will need a MySQL Database and all that setup for it to work.

Here is a live example here : Http://noname.ya2ew.com/blog/index.php