Shoutbox

Status keeps switching from Busy to Online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Status keeps switching from Busy to Online (/showthread.php?tid=31788)

Status keeps switching from Busy to Online by Mosquito__123 on 09-20-2004 at 06:16 PM

when I'm trying to chat with someone my status keeps switching from Busy to Online. i have noticed this while chatting with someone who had the status Busy too. don't know if this has a link though.
it is possible this has been said before but I didn't find it with the search option.
edit: i am using windows xp

hope you can help,

Mosquito (___123 lol)

RE: Status keeps switching from Busy to Online by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 09:52 PM

Go to Plus> Preferences> General Options> Miscellaneous and see if the " Automatically change status after a period of inactivity is unchecked...

Maby this is your problem?

RE: Status keeps switching from Busy to Online by marissa on 09-20-2004 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito__123
have noticed this while chatting with someone who had the status Busy too.

they're running a full screen program, and they must be going back and forth to a normal sized screen...like msn, to see if someone said anything.  This can happen when you're running an installer as well...it may not look like a full screen, but i guess it is. I hope that clears stuff up for you.
RE: RE: Status keeps switching from Busy to Online by timmie_loots on 09-21-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito__123
have noticed this while chatting with someone who had the status Busy too.

they're running a full screen program, and they must be going back and forth to a normal sized screen...like msn, to see if someone said anything.  This can happen when you're running an installer as well...it may not look like a full screen, but i guess it is. I hope that clears stuff up for you.

His own status is switching from online to busy, not the status of his contacts ;)
RE: Status keeps switching from Busy to Online by Mosquito__123 on 09-22-2004 at 05:41 PM

@ Sean: it was off already, thanks anyways..
@ timmie_loots and marissa: lol the problem was on my own PC :P

I have noticed this with somebody else too though, that I was chatting and that guy had it switching. I usually run win98 that doesn't give this problem. (Y)