Shoutbox

(plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop (/showthread.php?tid=31794)

(plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-20-2004 at 08:05 PM

contacts on dekstop ROCK's, but if there's possible to move all my conact list to my desktop in only one single step, and keep my taskbar free of messenger will be nice
:D

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-20-2004 at 08:10 PM

*sigh* EVER BOTHERED SEARCHING?

"requested before" <- what is it you don't understand?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31738

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-20-2004 at 08:27 PM

yes I uderstand, what maybe you don't understand is that this feature is new on msgplus 3.20, so may be someone could be interesed in do this, if you don't please dont bother in answer, and try to be nice. there's too much nice people here, so let them answer, now I know why you have so many stars :P

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Patchou on 09-20-2004 at 09:26 PM

Well, even if I really don't see the point, a plugin to do this would be very easy todo... if any one wants to do it, be my guest :)

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, even if I really don't see the point, a plugin to do this would be very easy todo... if any one wants to do it, be my guest :)

Please someone make it...I realy and alot of others would apprieciate it!! :D:D:D
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Ezra on 09-20-2004 at 09:40 PM

Why not a function so only online people will be automaticly added to the desktop?

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-20-2004 at 09:43 PM

thanks, the point is have more space in the taskbar viewing all the time the contact list, msnshell doesit by hiding to edge and hide from taskbar the contact list, but I really dont like msnshell
it willl really best as a plugin of msgplus
thans for atention:D

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Zink on 09-20-2004 at 10:43 PM

I found the "contacts on desktop" feature very useful because it show just your favorite contacts...
if it showed all of them it would be just like the contact list but with less options :S .... so I don't see the point doing that

althought it would be pretty good if it only showed the online contacts, and not the offline

[EDIT] some spell errors fixed n_nU (but maybe there are some more n_nU.. and some sintax errors too @_@ )

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-21-2004 at 09:12 PM

only online contacts sounds cool, anyway i've decide to install again msnshell for use hide to edge and hide from taskbar funtions, I really hope someday someone made a plugin for this.

thanks for the one who could be interested.

""Sorry for my english too""

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by banky on 09-21-2004 at 09:43 PM

why dont u jus dock msn and use the featue from the ultimate messengger lock plugin just to hide it not to hide and lock

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by weirdal27 on 09-21-2004 at 09:52 PM

I like the idea of a new option to the right click menu of the desktop contacts to 'only show when contact is online'
perhaps a plugin for this would be possible?

RE: RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-22-2004 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
why dont u jus dock msn and use the featue from the ultimate messengger lock plugin just to hide it not to hide and lock

What does that plugin do? and where can I get it?
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-22-2004 at 03:14 PM

hey bungleMX sorry bout stealing your thread bout i find it pointless to make another if its about the same feature....

i requested that we be able to drag out contacts out to the desktop for the "contacts on desktop" feature. Patchou said for many many reasons (includ tech ones) he wouldnt put this. Can a plugin give this funcionability or is it way too complicated?

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-22-2004 at 10:15 PM

no problem, that's a good idea too, I only want free my task bar of msnmessenger tab without minimisize msn.

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by CookieRevised on 09-23-2004 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
contacts on dekstop ROCK's, but if there's possible to move all my conact list to my desktop in only one single step, and keep my taskbar free of messenger will be nice
:D
suggested before and solution also given before, right here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31...d=310166#pid310166

It doesn't need to be a plugin... a very small simple program/tool will do the job just fine. In fact, like suggested in my post in that thread, you don't need a program/tool at all to do it....

(and that was also what Millenium_edition's post was about. and also because this was also already said to you in "Messenger Plus! 3.20" where you also made the same suggestion...)

and now my rant:
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Why not a function so only online people will be automaticly added to the desktop?
Also suggested/discussed before...
quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
I like the idea of a new option to the right click menu of the desktop contacts to 'only show when contact is online'
perhaps a plugin for this would be possible?
Also suggested/discussed before (even in this very same thread!!! :dodgy:)...
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
hey bungleMX sorry bout stealing your thread bout i find it pointless to make another if its about the same feature....

and many people find it extremely annoying when people go off topic all the time and don't bother in making a new thread, or searching the forum for an already existing thread about suggestions for a certain feature...

:dodgy::dodgy:
and you are all long enough here to know all this!!!
:dodgy::dodgy:

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Chestah on 09-23-2004 at 07:57 AM

lol i have 5 contacts on my desktop now and i already get serious lag in cs due to the different transparency i use on all of them :S :P

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by RebelSean on 09-23-2004 at 11:56 AM

CookieRevised, don't take this the wrong way plz don't...But, since you are like always saying that it is like easy to make a plugin to do this, why don't you make a tool/plug-in to do this? Like cause all the noobs don't know how to make a .REG stuff, like me...So would you mind making it :)??

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
CookieRevised, don't take this the wrong way plz don't...But, since you are like always saying that it is like easy to make a plugin to do this, why don't you make a tool/plug-in to do this? Like cause all the noobs don't know how to make a .REG stuff, like me...So would you mind making it :)??
no, because cookie is against this feature as there is no point in it. opening your contact list with transparancy would even be better?
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by CookieRevised on 09-23-2004 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
No I wont, because, like I said in my previous post, 1) a plugin isn't even needed.  2) this is something you wont do every day, so it will defeat the purpose of plugins  3) adding all your contacts to the desktop defeats the purpose of this feature  4) the job can be done very fine with a registry file..

PS: no, I wont take it in the wrong way, I can't take a serious question the wrong way ;)
PSS: what I could do is making the REG file for you, but then you need to send me your exported contactlist. That's the most effort I want to put into this...

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
opening your contact list with transparancy would even be better?
indeed
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by bungleMX on 09-23-2004 at 05:31 PM

ok, maybe you don't like the idea, or maybe I haven't tell you very well my point, me, and maybe some of us need's to have all the time the contact list on top allways visible, but the TAB in the task bar takes a lot of space on it, so with this new funtion in plus I thought it could be easier to do it, but if not, thats ok, I will continue using msnshell aside plus! :(

But thnks to all of you to at least tell me all your points.

PS sorry about my English, maybe thats why it's hard to me to make understad my Ideas hehehehe LOL :D

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 06:33 PM

altough I do not recommend it at all, here it is. errors? let me know.

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:23 PM

quote:

SLOPPIEST INSTALLER EVER

lol it sounds like im installing a virus rather than a plugin. If anything fix up the installer. Havent tried the plugin yet.
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 07:26 PM

quote:
quote:

SLOPPIEST INSTALLER EVER

lol it sounds like im installing a virus rather than a plugin. If anything fix up the installer. Havent tried the plugin yet.
well then do it yourself 8-) i couldn't bother making something decent on a feature I don't recommend ;)
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:39 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

SLOPPIEST INSTALLER EVER

well then do it yourself 8-) i couldn't bother making something decent on a feature I don't recommend ;)

woah um let me explain this "plugin" for the people before installing

you install this, restart msn messenger and ALL your contacts will be on your desktop without asking or anything as soon as you restart MSN.

M_E i would personally remove it and make it into something where you click and click on a button "All Contacts To Desktop"

BRB....i gotta close all my contacts now :mad:
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:40 PM

a uninstaller would be nice too.........

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 07:42 PM

quote:
woah um let me explain this "plugin" for the people before installing

you install this, restart msn messenger and ALL your contacts will be on your desktop without asking or anything as soon as you restart MSN.

M_E i would personally remove it and make it into something where you click and click on a button "All Contacts To Desktop"

BRB....i gotta close all my contacts now :mad:
read the first post :-/ ?

to uninstall:
delete this key and subkeys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your e-mail>\Contacts\CtcDetach\
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:45 PM

another thing what .DLL in the plugin folder you gotta remove to uninstall this?

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:47 PM

In the registry??? please remove this. if anyone non computer smart installs this it will drive them crazy and they will be blame Messenger Plus!

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 07:51 PM

OK. Let me explain.

This program: ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=311913 ) will register ITSELF (hence: not a DLL) as a plus! plugin to get the messenger API object (used to get the contact list & user e-mail). Then it will unregister itself, and use the object to loop through your contacts and save them each in your registry. How to delete this... Well, delete the key in here:

code:

Lemme remind you this is not an installer, so there is no uninstaller
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 08:26 PM

quote:
OK. Let me explain.

This program: ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=311913 ) will register ITSELF (hence: not a DLL) as a plus! plugin to get the messenger API object (used to get the contact list & user e-mail). Then it will unregister itself, and use the object to loop through your contacts and save them each in your registry. How to delete this... Well, delete the key in here:
code:

Lemme remind you this is not an installer, so there is no uninstaller

Thank You :)

RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop by RebelSean on 09-23-2004 at 08:43 PM

quote:

Awesome dude.. It works great!...No erros, and I like your little messages when it's like installing...Thanks aloooottt for making that :D