Shoutbox

2 Noob Questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: 2 Noob Questions (/showthread.php?tid=31796)

2 Noob Questions by pqee on 09-20-2004 at 08:28 PM

I searched the forum and couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

I found threads on having hotmail open in the default browser (Stuff-Plug NG) , and threads on having the Msg-Plus dialog links open in the default browser/current window but...

I couldn't find how to get standard URLs sent in message windows to open in my default browser.  Is there a separate plugin available for this? Or is there some other hidden feature of the Stuff-Plug NG that can do this (other than the hotmail in default browser option since it doesn't affect regular URLs)? Or is it just not possible yet?

I'm also wondering how to uninstall an older version of the StuffPlugin.  In my plugins list it's called Stuffplug by DJMystic.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

RE: 2 Noob Questions by user27089 on 09-20-2004 at 08:38 PM

well the stuffplug has more features, but stuffplug ng works around different things.. so you may aswell keep stuffplug on aswell...

and to do this.. go to (if in mozilla firefox) tools > options or whatever.. and its in the first page in there.

RE: 2 Noob Questions by lhunath on 09-20-2004 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pqee
I couldn't find how to get standard URLs sent in message windows to open in my default browser.
They should, they do with me anyway.. with or without (and then without plugins as well, of course) Plus!.
RE: 2 Noob Questions by Pure_BY on 09-20-2004 at 09:06 PM

This is a good question, and not n00b. I am also interested if there is any way to get around of opening URL's from IM in IE :^)

RE: 2 Noob Questions by marissa on 09-20-2004 at 09:16 PM

make your browser default? if you have windows xp with sp2 it adds an option on the start menu to configure it all (with me at least..)

RE: 2 Noob Questions by Pure_BY on 09-20-2004 at 09:21 PM

I'm not stupid, that doesn't work :P

It works for some browsers, but not for all. Not for Avant browser anyways... :(

RE: 2 Noob Questions by RaceProUK on 09-21-2004 at 07:49 AM

Is Avant a 'wrapper' for IE? If so, then that's why it doesn't work.

RE: 2 Noob Questions by pqee on 09-21-2004 at 12:09 PM

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one wondering about this. :D

I'm using Maxthon which is an IE wrapper however every other program I have works fine with it.  MSN doesn't.  It's defined as my default browser, in the 'Set Program Access and Defaults' it's set to use my own browser.   I even have it set as the 'Internet' default in the start menu properties. 

Guess we'll have to just wait a little longer for this feature.  So although it's annoying, it's hot a huge deal.  I still have tons of other features to play around with in MsgPlus and the StuffPlug plugins.  Thanks!

RE: 2 Noob Questions by Pure_BY on 09-21-2004 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Is Avant a 'wrapper' for IE? If so, then that's why it doesn't work.
Yes, it uses IE engine. But the same story as with pqee, all the program "accept" it, besides of MSN Messenger...