Shoutbox

My Case mod - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: My Case mod (/showthread.php?tid=31821)

My Case mod by Pyroteq on 09-21-2004 at 12:00 PM

----------------------------------News-----------------------------------------------------
(This thread is in progress, pictures being posted)

Watch this thread for regular updates in this post

Hey well ive started my case mod a while ago here ill post pictures, Specs and everything else i can think of. Suggestions are welcome..

To start with heres some pics of my case and the specs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tsunami  Saggitarius Series ST-64 Case        Tsunami website

Motherboard size: 12"x9.6" ATX, Baby ATX, Micro ATX
Expansion Slots: Seven
Drives bay:    5x5.25 Exposed (CD Rom drives)
2x3.5 Exposed (Floppy)
2x3.5 Hidden    (Hard disk)
Front usb 2.0x2 1x mic, 1x line in, 1x line out, 1x temp display
Fan slots: Four 80mmx80mmx25mm Sleeve 12v 2xFront 2xBack
Power supply: Tsunami 400W
Case dimensions:  485mmx191mmx424mm
*****IT has a padalock point on the back for LAN's and the badge is covered in glass so no one steals it***********
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far i have..
*Sony Black Floppy drive (installed)
*2x  80mm Green Neon LED Fans (mounted front)
*2x  80mm Tsunami Standard Fans (mounted back)
*1x Green neon LED Stick (mounted side beneath window)
*2m of Green UV Cable sleeving 7mmx11mm (Fan sleeving size)
*1x Pure Evil Red case badge.
*1x Black Icemat 1st edition               icemat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon to get...

Cable sleeving kit (Green)
Plug kit (Green)
Gold thumbscrews
10x Green male molex connectors
Case LED Feet (green or red)
MBM/Fan speed monitor , not sure what model
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware specs coming soon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pics... Sorry for the not-so-good quality, They were taken with a webcam as you can see from the glimpses of my room and reflection of my computer...

Edit: Because you can only upload one pic per post i will start an MSN Image group to link them here.

ST64 Case model from Tsunami site
Cable Sleeving, UV Green reactive
Case Back
Case badge and floppy
Case front
Front LED Fans
Normal back mounted fans
Other side of the case
Window side of case
Green LED Light
The icemat

If you want to join my MSN Webgroup for the boards and the extra pics give me a PM and ill send you an invitational (Its a closed group)

RE: My Case mod by paperless on 09-21-2004 at 05:45 PM

Hey i want to start my computer too can you add me on msn so you can give me some tips later?
I dont have enough money on the moment to start but ill save some add me on : joaojosezinho@hotmail.com

RE: My Case mod by user27089 on 09-21-2004 at 05:49 PM

they're nice.. i'm building my pc soon, and i'm being paid to make one aswell.. so i want to get into it..

RE: My Case mod by Pyroteq on 09-22-2004 at 06:20 AM

Yeah, theres some hard stuff and some easy stuff i allready know what i needed to know but ive been getting tips from a few people too.. if you want some help then john_scone70@hotmail.com is my msn.

The hardest part so far was sleeving the cables [not pictured, i did it on a practice fan not the real thing yet so i dont f-k up] (It took me an hour to get the first molex plug off because i didnt know how!! And i havnt even tried to tackle the ATX plug yet)

RE: My Case mod by -dt- on 09-22-2004 at 10:02 AM

lol i bought some fancy molex plug removers because whenever i used the pin way (im asuming thats how you did it? ) the metel clips would always brake and the removers are only like $10 for the male and female ones.
:) and what they say is true i they can remove a clip in under 30 secs

RE: My Case mod by Pyroteq on 09-22-2004 at 12:58 PM

Yeah thier $6 each here male/female plus $10 postage but im cool with the pin, i can remove them in under 30secs too :p Im just hopeing nothing breaks. $12 buys at least a fan. i wont buy them if i dont have to.

RE: My Case mod by Eric on 09-22-2004 at 01:27 PM

this is cool wow...

RE: My Case mod by wj on 09-22-2004 at 03:27 PM

For the molex pin remover just spend a good $16 to buy a vantec kit that comes with a hermafrodidic (sp?) remover and it will work just fine. Though a good male pin remover is very nice.

Tip for sleeving: Make sure you have some electrical tape arround, that way you can tape the pins so they will go through the sleeving a little better.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO PUT THE PINS BACK IN THE CORRECT HOLES ON THE CONNECTOR! BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DONT.
The black ones dont matter, but if you accidently swap the red and yellow, you will fry what ever device is plugged into it at the time. I've done it to two of my HDs. It Sucks.

Also a good dremel tool is the ultimate case moding tool.

RE: My Case mod by user13774 on 09-22-2004 at 04:29 PM

Pics are not working anymore.

RE: My Case mod by paperless on 09-22-2004 at 04:40 PM

Yeah indeed not working whats sleeving? my english is not perfect

Markus long time no see.

RE: My Case mod by user27089 on 09-22-2004 at 05:25 PM

sleeving is stuff that you put over something.. like wires have rubber sleeving around them.

RE: My Case mod by user13774 on 09-22-2004 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Yeah indeed not working whats sleeving? my english is not perfect

Markus long time no see.

Just to give everyone an idea of how the case he's gonna mod looks like:

[Image: ST-64m.jpg]

[off-topic]
Yeah paperless, I don't come here as often as I did some time ago, but I still hang around in the tech talk and plugins forum ;)
RE: My Case mod by Pyroteq on 09-23-2004 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
For the molex pin remover just spend a good $16 to buy a vantec kit that comes with a hermafrodidic (sp?) remover and it will work just fine. Though a good male pin remover is very nice.

Tip for sleeving: Make sure you have some electrical tape arround, that way you can tape the pins so they will go through the sleeving a little better.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO PUT THE PINS BACK IN THE CORRECT HOLES ON THE CONNECTOR! BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DONT.
The black ones dont matter, but if you accidently swap the red and yellow, you will fry what ever device is plugged into it at the time. I've done it to two of my HDs. It Sucks.

Also a good dremel tool is the ultimate case moding tool.
Yeah, well im right without my de pinning tool im on a sorta tight budget (although it may not seem it)
Electrical tape, yes well Heatshrink is better but ill use that if i have to. My friend did and it sometimes unrolls at the end and looks crap so ill try to stink to the heatshrink.

I know about the pin holes im very carefull i practiced on a disused power supply out of my old server first and i mark them all when i take them out. When i de pin the ATX plug im going to get little sticky labels and stick them around each cord to number them.

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Pics are not working anymore.

Anyone know why? The group is still there, maybe it dosnt like me linking them...Can someone reccomend a free easy to use image hosting site or group e.t.c so i can upload there? (i'll update the url's now in anycase)