Shoutbox

Its STUCK !! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Its STUCK !! (/showthread.php?tid=31845)

Its STUCK !! by Playboy on 09-21-2004 at 07:05 PM

I have A big Problem...
everytime i restart messenger it takes somthin like 10 minutes to sign-in but if i restart it without plus! it takes less then 1 minute...
plz help me it really anoying me :S

RE: Its STUCK !! by Millenium_edition on 09-21-2004 at 07:06 PM

what plugins did you install?

RE: Its STUCK !! by Playboy on 09-21-2004 at 07:13 PM

color nick 2, stuffplug-ng, and stuff plus by DJ-mystick, audioator 3

RE: Its STUCK !! by Patchou on 09-21-2004 at 07:16 PM

Try disabling yoru plugins and see if it solves the problem... one of your plugins is probably doing something it shouldn't do and if you can find which one it is, I'd be intersted to know.

RE: Its STUCK !! by BEWARE^^ on 09-21-2004 at 07:17 PM

do you have XP sp2 installed

RE: Its STUCK !! by Playboy on 09-21-2004 at 07:45 PM

thnx patchou...
yes i SP2 on windows XP...

RE: Its STUCK !! by Playboy on 09-21-2004 at 07:48 PM

well...i disabled the plugins but it didnt help...:s any other ideas ?!*-)

RE: Its STUCK !! by BEWARE^^ on 09-22-2004 at 10:29 PM

well it could be the sp2 installation pack;) coz several people are  reporting that they have problems with the sp2 pack for xp too and you may also look for other threads with the sp2 problem

RE: Its STUCK !! by ellmondo on 09-22-2004 at 10:42 PM

this is also happening to me and im not sure wht it is i installed msn discovery and it got way slower im going to try uninstalling it

and i dont have sp2

RE: Its STUCK !! by lopardo on 09-23-2004 at 02:23 AM

Make a backup of your Plus settings (Plus > Preferences > Save/Load > Export), uninstall Plus (and delete your settings when asked to) and uninstall any other add-on (like Messenger Discovery). Restart. If it works OK now, then delete the old Plus folder (so any leftovers are cleaned), reinstall Plus and restart. If it works OK then it was just some settings causing trouble (you can try to restore your settings), if it still fails, then there's another problem.

RE: Its STUCK !! by Playboy on 09-25-2004 at 07:59 AM

thnx all...i'll try ur sugestions...and tell u if one of them works

well patchou i know now what caused the prblem...its STUFFPLUG-NG !! i uninstalled it and everything wokred fine i reinstaled it and the problem came back

RE: Its STUCK !! by CookieRevised on 09-25-2004 at 09:45 AM

I once disabled the plugins and yet there was a plugin which "loaded". It came up with the same error when the plugins were enabled, but still, this means that something is loaded, no? (can't remember which plugin and which Plus! version though. But it was one of the latest...)