Shoutbox

Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? (/showthread.php?tid=31866)

Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by saadi on 09-22-2004 at 07:58 AM

I need to know that is there any plugin that can grabs others contact list in a saved text file or by any other way ???? If not created yet , should have to start working on it (Y)

My Contact

[Image: pl.gif]

My Website

RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by Chrono on 09-22-2004 at 08:01 AM

i dont think that it can be done. anyway it would be a disgusting invasion of privacy, it shouldnt be done even if it was possible :P

RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by Jolo on 09-22-2004 at 04:36 PM

It would be something like "Share Contact List", with your authorization. :D

RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by BEWARE^^ on 09-22-2004 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
i dont think that it can be done. anyway it would be a disgusting invasion of privacy, it shouldnt be done even if it was possible :P

well i have to agree with chrono its disturbing somebodys privacy and people can sew you for that so if this was a poll to vote i would have voted clearly NO!!!!
RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by RaceProUK on 09-22-2004 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saadi
I need to know that is there any plugin that can grabs others contact list in a saved text file or by any other way ???? If not created yet , should have to start working on it (Y)
Impossible and an invasion of privacy.

However, I don't see why someone can't write a plugin that gives the contact list with the other user's permission, though I doubt its usefulness.
RE: RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by PiP on 09-22-2004 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^

well i have to agree with chrono its disturbing somebodys privacy and people can sew you for that so if this was a poll to vote i would have voted clearly NO!!!!

It had its uses in ICQ, especialy when you (or a friend) had to get a new UIN,  and had 50+ people from school to add to your list again!
RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by lopardo on 09-23-2004 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PiP

It had its uses in ICQ, especialy when you (or a friend) had to get a new UIN,  and had 50+ people from school to add to your list again!

But with Messenger, your contact list is in MSN's servers and you can export/import it from the Contacts menu.
RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by evr124 on 09-25-2004 at 04:56 PM

good things are usually unusable -.-

RE: Is There Any Plugin which can grab others Contact List ?? by lopardo on 09-25-2004 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by evr124

good things are usually unusable -.-

Huh?