Shoutbox

Log files wont open - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Log files wont open (/showthread.php?tid=31869)

Log files wont open by Jedimark on 09-22-2004 at 09:15 AM

Hi, a few days ago I installed the Picassa Program from Google and it overwrote the default program to open the encrypted Plus log transcripts.

So... I re-installed plus and this has seems to have re-over-written the file association again... however, when I try and open a log file nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

In the file types window --> .ple files are set to open with Messenger Plus! I assume this is correct.

Thanks,
- Mark

RE: Log files wont open by RebelSean on 09-22-2004 at 11:23 PM

My suggestion...Un-install that Picassa thing, delete your chat logs and directory, reboot, then change your password in the preference section of Messenger Plus...:-/

RE: Log files wont open by lopardo on 09-23-2004 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
My suggestion...Un-install that Picassa thing, delete your chat logs and directory, reboot, then change your password in the preference section of Messenger Plus...:-/
Why should he delete his logs? Maybe it's just a file association problem. Jedimark, try uninstalling that Picassa program and reinstalling Plus.
When you double-click your encrypted logs in Explorer nothing happens at all?
RE: Log files wont open by Jedimark on 09-23-2004 at 08:57 AM

But I don't want to un-install Picassa... presumably as soon as I re-install it the .ple extensions would be changed again.

Q: What is the program to open the encypted log files? Is it the Plus! executable?

Update: If I open the logs via Plus! --> "Open Log File" I can access the logs fine... this is what makes me think that Windows is using the wrong program to open the log files.

RE: Log files wont open by Tochjo on 09-23-2004 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jedimark
Q: What is the program to open the encypted log files? Is it the Plus! executable?
PLE:   Encrypted Log File
Action:   open
Application:   "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\Plus!\MsgPlus.exe" /LOG:%1
RE: Log files wont open by Jedimark on 09-23-2004 at 08:39 PM

Thankyou Tochjo :)