Shoutbox

[idea] contact list with same look as convo window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window (/showthread.php?tid=31871)

[idea] contact list with same look as convo window by John on 09-22-2004 at 09:51 AM

here's another idea, i guess you'll see what i mean just by looking at the picture :) what do you think?

[Image: jagsnewmsn.bmp]

can Patchou make the contact list look like that? the same as a convo window, so you can hide the title bar etc..

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by RebelSean on 09-22-2004 at 11:32 AM

I like the idea! I hope patchou or someone can make it! (y)

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by Millenium_edition on 09-22-2004 at 11:58 AM

that's a lot of work, and i doubt anyone is willing to do it, as it takes a lot of effort for a feature that doesn't really do much.

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by michael_m91 on 09-22-2004 at 12:40 PM

(Y) Looks Good, I'd Like That For Sure. It look's hard though.

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by crank on 09-22-2004 at 12:56 PM

i don't think you can do that without making a new client....
well you can do it without making a new client but that's even harder I think since you would need to add new images in the exe or changing it so that it uses the convo images.
I doubt anyone can do that...

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by aNILEator on 09-22-2004 at 02:51 PM

isn't this just a skin?

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by Patchou on 09-22-2004 at 05:19 PM

That could be done, but I prefer to leave that up to Microsoft and Messenger 7. I'm pretty sure the contact list will look a lot different in the new version (afterall, it has almost not been changed at all since Messenger 4.0 was released).

RE: RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by John on 09-22-2004 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
That could be done, but I prefer to leave that up to Microsoft and Messenger 7. I'm pretty sure the contact list will look a lot different in the new version (afterall, it has almost not been changed at all since Messenger 4.0 was released).

i sure hope it does ( 8-) @ microsoft)

do you or does anyone have any idea when Messenger 7 will be released?
RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by Tochjo on 09-22-2004 at 06:08 PM

So far, no official news is out on MSN Messenger 7. All things circulating around on the Internet are nothing more than guesses or ideas on how it could look; nothing is official yet :)

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by user27089 on 09-22-2004 at 06:13 PM

there are a lot of people who have made new contact lists and stuff, but I doubt they will be used :p microsoft won't release screenshots for a while.. its still in concept...

you can remove the tabs somehow.. stigmata has it done, and you can also get rid of the ad banner, theres no point in getting rid of the add a contact thing.. so thats useless, so it can pretty much be done...

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by riahc4 on 09-22-2004 at 09:13 PM

some concept pics

http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/msn_concept/pics/2.jpg
http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/msn_concept/pics/4.jpg
http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/msn_concept/pics/5.jpg

i heard that this isnt exactly messenger 7 but MS is gonna take this concept.

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by BooGhost on 09-23-2004 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
some concept pics
I don'''t want to start another thread here but i REALLY doubt their official concept pics....

and i also doubt M$ will consider them :P

RE: RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by John on 09-23-2004 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
you can remove the tabs somehow.. stigmata has it done, and you can also get rid of the ad banner, theres no point in getting rid of the add a contact thing.. so thats useless, so it can pretty much be done...

yeah i know how to do all that:

[Image: jagscontactlist.jpg]

i just want to get rid of the silly titlebar at the top :(
RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by Millenium_edition on 09-23-2004 at 03:00 PM

you mean the thing with your nickname? I remember doing that... But the plugin didn't run very well :p

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by John on 09-23-2004 at 03:01 PM

no i dont mean that :) i mean the bit where it says "MSN Messenger" all the way at the top, and also the "File", "Contacts", "Actions" etc.. i want all that to be gone :P

they are the same things you hide on a convo window when you press the lil button on the top left, the lil button with the two lil arrows. i want the exact same thing on the contact list :)

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by michael_m91 on 09-23-2004 at 03:16 PM

Yah I see what you mean, the title is so annoying

And Where can I find Skins

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by John on 09-23-2004 at 03:24 PM

to be clear, this is what i want:

[Image: newmsnani.gif]

(i dont know where you can find skins but ive never seen one that does this)

RE: [idea] contact list with same look as convo window by RebelSean on 09-23-2004 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
to be clear, this is what i want:

[Image: newmsnani.gif]

(i dont know where you can find skins but ive never seen one that does this)

That would be so cool if someone did that, or if msn messenger does it in it's next version of messenger (7)...

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
And Where can I find Skins

http://mess.be

And there is a thread on the forums called Want Messenger Skins for 6.2 on the forums, search for it :p