Shoutbox

Some suggestions for the desktop buddies - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Some suggestions for the desktop buddies (/showthread.php?tid=31891)

Some suggestions for the desktop buddies by KeyStorm on 09-22-2004 at 05:05 PM

I've found this feature really useful and I think it should be improved as much as possible to be even greater. These are my thoughts:

• Although it has a bit of bugfix, the buddy tags should dock horizontally (when you make a row of contacts), too .

• Make them blink when status, on/offline, name change... Well, let customize a row of events that'd make them blink that could be used for single buddies or be made default for all (like display settings).

• Having two transparency values: one for when the contact is offline and one for when they're online (being able to quickly identify those who are online from those who are not, if you use an average high transparency. This would also allow to 'hide' offline buddies, what would also be interesting.

• Minimize IM windows to the tags instead of to the taskbar (not sure if that's possible, though). Making them blink when a new IM has ben received. (well, just like the minimized window would do)

• Adding default Messenger actions to the context menu.

Well, I think these things would be useful and make it look even better.

But again, just my thoughts ;)
RE: Some suggestions for the desktop buddies by Patchou on 09-22-2004 at 05:16 PM

Hope the one in charge is taking note of all that :)

RE: Some suggestions for the desktop buddies by KeyStorm on 09-22-2004 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Whoever it is :)
RE: Some suggestions for the desktop buddies by PiP on 09-23-2004 at 12:05 AM

First off i signed up just to say how much i have been wanting to be able to "float" my contacts like in icq since i got msn, so thank you! whoever made it happen :D

A suggestion but, I would love to see a "System" like desktop button, similar to how ICQ's worked :p - shows your status & nick maybe?, and in the pop-up menu it lets you, change your status, access Messenger Plus's menu, and anything else to make using msn, while keeping the main window minimized easyer :D

RE: Some suggestions for the desktop buddies by lopardo on 09-23-2004 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Whoever it is :)

Cookie :)

Great suggestions (Y)