Shoutbox

:::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor (/showthread.php?tid=31939)

:::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 09-23-2004 at 08:17 AM

Hey all,
           Most (if not all) of you know how painful it is if your playing a fullscreen online multiplayer game and your friend would just like to have a little chat....
#%$%$^#^%@$%^#^%@^%@^%@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pleased to announce ThunderboltAllertor, a little program written in Delphi (Woo Hoo!!!, No more crappy runtime packages :D) which will suppress all your conversations from annoying you, but discreetly letting you know that you have a friend on hold by a flashing Scroll Lock Light.

Percentage Completed: [10%]
Hopefully Ill have it finished by the end of the month. (Septemeber 2004)

:::::FAQ:::::

Why ThunderboltAllertor?
A unique name that will instantly spring up in someones mind. If your a Civil Defence or Air Raid Siren nut, you'll know where I got the name from!

Why Scroll Lock and not Num Lock or Caps Lock?
Since Caps and Num Locks are the most commonly used, I decided to use Scroll Lock because it's basically on almost every keyboard in the world and It will create less confusion when it's flashing.

Please post your questions and comments here, as Id like to hear them!

Justin Savidge

P.S. Im only going to support MSN Messenger 6.2 onwards because of the architectual differences in older versions. Sorry.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by rompom7 on 09-23-2004 at 08:33 AM

I hate to burst your bubble... but I think this has been done.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 09-23-2004 at 08:46 AM

So???? ^o)

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by rompom7 on 09-23-2004 at 08:49 AM

The other person that did this wasn't a Plus! plugin anyway... So it doesn't matter at all :)

PS: Delphi r0x :D

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by benjyrama on 09-23-2004 at 02:23 PM

btw, what does the actual scroll lock do?

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Tochjo on 09-23-2004 at 02:32 PM

On a normal keyboard, when you disable Num Lock and enable Scroll Lock, the arrows, Home/PgUp/End/PgDn functions of the keypad can be used (for example, in Excel).

If you have both Num Lock and Scroll Lock on, the keypad will follow the Num Lock function over the Scroll Lock one :)

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 07:29 PM

hmm doesnt bother me. My sound card seems to surrpress the sound of the sign on/convo and yes the toast is seen but then it goes away. ill give this plugin a try tho.

Can you tell us for info? eg. if we can change between scroll/num/caps lock, how long does it flash ect.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by CanadianOriginal on 09-23-2004 at 09:16 PM

This is definately something I'd be interested in, and I'm looking forward to it. Any chance of adding a PC speaker beep in there as well?

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by lizard.boy on 09-23-2004 at 09:40 PM

damnit.. my keyboard dosnt have a scroll lock key.. it would be awsome if you could flash the flock key on a ms multimedia keyboard

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 09-24-2004 at 06:35 AM

quote:
Any chance of adding a PC speaker beep in there as well?
I will add this feature but it will be disabled by default, on the grounds that MSN Messenger automatically sounds an alert when someone opens a conversation or reply's to a current one.

quote:
Can you tell us more info? eg. If we can change between Scroll/Num/Caps lock, how long does it will flash? etc
Now that you mention it, yes I will add this feature (Swap Lights). You can have preset intervals: 1-5 Times Flash or
flash indefinately until disabled.
I will make it minimize itself to the 'clock bar' so it's not a distraction.

Percentage Completed: [10%]
Sorry guys, but another project has come up, so the priority of ThunderboltAllertor has been knocked back a few places. I should have a beta version released by at most, the 5th of October.
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 09-28-2004 at 04:18 PM

Slowly but steadilly getting there.

Sorry guys but it's the Scroll Num and Caps lights notification only. Thats enough for most people. The initial coding was absolute hell (That's why Ive cut back on most of the features :|:() I decided to make it flash indefinately until reset so if nature calls you can still see if someone replyed. Yes you can change between lights.

I will publish the source code only by email request.
Format: Delphi 7 (Built with Enterprise)
You will need the KeyboardLock component to compile and build this project. (Only if you plan on using source code. :D)

Project Status: [70%]
Beta testing at 80%!

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by TGG on 10-02-2004 at 06:50 PM

hows it going Delphi Thunderbolt? id really like this, because its annoying when im playing diablo 2 and the popups come up and people try to talk to me :@
if it's ready id like to beta-test it if i can :D

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by benjyrama on 10-02-2004 at 07:15 PM

yeh, count me in

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 10-03-2004 at 03:35 AM

OK Ill be truthful, Im starting to doubt ThunderboltAllertor. The architecture is a little more complex than I had originally thought. but Im not going to give up!

Because of this setback Ive knocked the progress back to 60%

Sorry :(

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by benjyrama on 10-16-2004 at 08:10 PM

so hows it going now??? its been a while

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by FrozernFire on 10-17-2004 at 01:16 PM

1 month late? but im not rushing anything dude. just take your time. gonna be useful for me :)

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Menthix on 10-17-2004 at 01:52 PM

Nice and usefull plugin, hope you'll get it done. Willing to beta test if needed.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 10-24-2004 at 10:38 AM

Ok I think I have gotten somewhere:

I have downloaded the Delphi MSN SDK and am having a little trouble implementing it.

How can I get a timer to detect if chat windows have changed (by monitoring the chat scroll box) and if new chat windows have opened? Also if the windows have changed/opened, some code to suppress them.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the delay.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 11:31 AM

i would love to have this plugin itd be so useful i play a game on superdudes called tsk2 it plays full screen and i got to jump from platform to platform now occassionally one of those toasts things pops up in from of my targeting grid for aiming my jump or in front of the platform im trying to jump to so i cant jump then i risk dying cause the timers running out so this would be really useful for me.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Lt.Col.DraGon on 11-11-2004 at 04:14 AM

When is this going to be released then, it would be a very good plugin for me. I play lots of mp games.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by riahc4 on 11-11-2004 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
When is this going to be released then, it would be a very good plugin for me. I play lots of mp games.

It looks like Delphi is kinda stuck not only on other projects but also on the coding...:(
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by MasterCheese on 11-21-2004 at 08:41 PM

I'm guessing that this is gonna be set so it only flashes when your status is set to busy. If not could you fix it so you can select the status it does all that stuff at?

I would happily be a beta tester.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by _Humphreys on 11-21-2004 at 09:33 PM

This would be a great plug-in for plus! and I would download as it would be good if I was to ever play online games such as Age of Empires (sorry for expressing my opinion a bit late!) Keep working at it mate and I am sure you will get it completed. :)(Y)

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by lopardo on 11-21-2004 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
It looks like Delphi is kinda stuck not only on other projects but also on the coding...:(

WTF?
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 03-01-2005 at 06:26 AM

I am extremely sorry that I have sort of dropped off the forums, but a heap of things came up and it sort of kind of got knocked off my to do list. I will try to see if I can squeeze it in somewhere.

I am very sorry. Please for give me!

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by segosa on 03-01-2005 at 06:45 AM

FYI, the word is spelt alerter, not allertor :^)

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by John Anderton on 03-01-2005 at 07:24 AM

Sounds like a gr8 idea to me. Can the friend automatically get a msg that "{Ur Name Here} is playing a game" or preferably "{Ur Name here} is playing {Ur Game Here}"
The name can be our online name and the game name ..... we can manually type :D

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-01-2005 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Sounds like a gr8 idea to me. Can the friend automatically get a msg that "{Ur Name Here} is playing a game" or preferably "{Ur Name here} is playing {Ur Game Here}"
The name can be our online name and the game name ..... we can manually type :D

Why not just use an away message????
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 03-03-2005 at 06:08 AM

quote:
The name can be our online name and the game name ..... we can manually type

Ah probably not.

quote:
FYI, the word is spelt alerter, not allertor

Not if your refering to these two machines, and machine's they are!

[Image: tuscon2_az.jpg]
Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 127dBc @ 100ft or 30m

[Image: jonesboro_ar.jpg]
American Signal Allertor, 125dBc @ 100ft or 30m

Yes I am a siren nut!

My second quote in my signature refers to the top image, as the Thunderbolt is considered the god of all warning sirens!
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by benjyrama on 03-12-2005 at 02:27 PM

This has been going on for quite a while now so I'm just wundering, how far is it????

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by King For A Day on 03-12-2005 at 03:23 PM

quote:

hmm doesnt bother me. My sound card seems to surrpress the sound of the sign on/convo and yes the toast is seen but then it goes away. ill give this plugin a try tho.

u mean u cant hear it? thats cos msn goes to busy when u run a full screen game
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by riahc4 on 03-13-2005 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
quote:

u mean u cant hear it? thats cos msn goes to busy when u run a full screen game

No it plays the sound..............most times......

What ever happen to this plugin? :(
RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 11-03-2005 at 09:13 AM

Me again.

OK, here's the low-down.

AS SOON AS I FINISH my exams, I will start Thunderbolt Allertor. I promise!

Or may I be condemned to g33ks hell :P lots of women and bullies :P hahahahaha

I should be able to start by Wednesday. And Im learning C++ in addition to Delphi.

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Supersonicdarky on 11-03-2005 at 01:04 PM

how much % are u done now?

RE: :::NEW::: ThunderboltAllertor by Delphi Thunderbolt on 12-17-2005 at 12:52 PM

Im still alive! And I hope to have something solid by christmas at the very latest!

Merry Christmas!

Sorry for the delays, but my exams were f*cking murder!
I passed maths! Yay!