Shoutbox

Turn off autoupdate? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Turn off autoupdate? (/showthread.php?tid=31944)

Turn off autoupdate? by Greebo on 09-23-2004 at 11:09 AM

Hello all.

I was just wondering: is there a way to turn off autoupdate, or block it??
I really don't want my sisters to try and update it..... ;)

I tried to change the version number in the registry with Messenger 2.xx, and then checked the box "Don't use autoupdate" (and set the version number back), but that didn't work at all.....

Greebo

RE: Turn off autoupdate? by Tochjo on 09-23-2004 at 02:12 PM

There is a registry setting named AutoUpdateNotification, and if you change it, you should be able to disable the automatic update feature. It seems to be an undocumented, hidden feature, which may not work.

I'd advise you to download Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20 to change this registry setting. Download the program (it's an attachment in the first post), click the arrow below "Edit settings for this user" and select "--> All users <--". Click AutoUpdateNotification and change its value to False.

Supposedly this will work :)

RE: Turn off autoupdate? by Patchou on 09-23-2004 at 05:45 PM

This setting can also be changed in the UI.. when an update notification is displayed, there's an option to avoid being notified anymore.

RE: Turn off autoupdate? by Greebo on 09-24-2004 at 06:37 AM

Thanks Tochjo, ill try that as fast as I can :D

Patchou: But thats exactly where I turned it off before, on 3 different computers... It didn't work at all..... When the next update came, the update notification came anyway. (And the setting was still set...)

Greebo

(edit: all 3 machines running Windows XP, 2 Pro, 1 Home)