Shoutbox

Ads at bottom blocking tasks - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Ads at bottom blocking tasks (/showthread.php?tid=31982)

Ads at bottom blocking tasks by Wayne on 09-23-2004 at 10:07 PM

Hello everyone, ive got Messenger Plus 3 installed and at the bottom where you have the options to add contacts etc, there are these banner ads.  I have tried turning on the ad blocking feature within Plus but the ads still appear!

My current Setup is:

Windows XP - (SP2 installed)
MSN Messenger 6.2
Messenger Plus 3
Zone Alarm (Free Version)

:)

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by RebelSean on 09-23-2004 at 10:10 PM

This is is in the plus preferences section:

Plus>Preferences>Contact List>General Options> Hide the advertisement Banner.....This should do the trick :).

Try this, file that I post as a attachment..

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by Plik on 09-23-2004 at 10:28 PM

Be warned. That program sean posted modifys the messinger exe. Which is illegal;)

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by ddunk on 09-23-2004 at 11:25 PM

The best advice would be to upgrade to the newest MsgPlus (3.2) where this bug is fixed at http://www.msgplus.net/download.php :)

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by marissa on 09-24-2004 at 01:30 AM

sean, i dont think you're suppose to distribute that, patchou asked that, didnt he? :undecided:

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by RebelSean on 09-24-2004 at 02:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
sean, i dont think you're suppose to distribute that, patchou asked that, didnt he? :undecided:

I never did read of him saying that, but if he said not to then I will take it off, if you show me were he said it
RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by marissa on 09-24-2004 at 03:10 AM

sean, he did...One of the ops in irc, i THINK it was tochjo, said that patchou didnt want it distriuted to the users, because its ilegal, the op said this after sunshine gave them the link. SOmeone said it on the forums too, but i cant seem to find it, ill keep searching. its illegal anyways...plus theres a fix, so no use of even posting it :rolleyes:

RE: RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by Wayne on 09-24-2004 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
The best advice would be to upgrade to the newest MsgPlus (3.2) where this bug is fixed at http://www.msgplus.net/download.php :)

Thanks for that i downloaded the updated version of Plus and the problem is now resolved.  So once again thank you to everyone who helped. (Y) :D
RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by Patchou on 09-24-2004 at 11:26 PM

You'Re not supposed to distribute cracks on this site, especially when the latest version of Plus! does the same thing in a more legal way :).

RE: Ads at bottom blocking tasks by RebelSean on 09-24-2004 at 11:31 PM

So sorry patchou, I did not know that that program/script thing was illegal...Post edited, program removed :).