Shoutbox

Window Closes On Status Auto Change - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Window Closes On Status Auto Change (/showthread.php?tid=31992)

Window Closes On Status Auto Change by michael_m91 on 09-24-2004 at 02:44 AM

Go to your preferences panel > General Options > Miscellaneous.

Under automatically change my status after a period of inactivity, Make it checked, Delay 1 Min, Status: Appear Offline.

Open A Window with someone and wait a minute, It closes the window.

I think this happens too with any delay setting.

In Messenger, Tools > Options > Turn me to away after a period of incactivity is unchecked

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

I know if you choose appear offline from the messenger window, it will ask you to close all windows. And I know that in a conversation, /appearoffline only makes the window grey. But when you leave it, it just closes.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=312153]

RE: Window Closes On Status Auto Change by michael_m91 on 09-24-2004 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91

I know if you choose appear offline from the messenger window, it will ask you to close all windows.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=312156]
RE: Window Closes On Status Auto Change by matty on 09-24-2004 at 05:58 AM

The reason is you don't see the prompt asking you to to close the windows or not is because when Plus! hooks messenger it, as far as I know, prevents that window from opening then MSN Messenger just closes the windows for you without prompting. Now the /appearoffline Patchou was able to do just by sending a Command internally into Messenger to change the status. If you ask me it should be the same but Patchou may change it once he sees this.

RE: Window Closes On Status Auto Change by Patchou on 09-24-2004 at 06:43 AM

Well, if you think about it, that woudl be pretty dumb: the user leaves his computer, ten minutes after the auto-status-change is triggered and Messenger asks a confirmation before changing the status..... :p.

RE: Window Closes On Status Auto Change by michael_m91 on 09-24-2004 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, if you think about it, that woudl be pretty dumb: the user leaves his computer, ten minutes after the auto-status-change is triggered and Messenger asks a confirmation before changing the status..... :p.

Couldn't you make it just grey out the window? Like My First Picture