Shoutbox

[bug] floating buddies - new screen size - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [bug] floating buddies - new screen size (/showthread.php?tid=32003)

[bug] floating buddies - new screen size by Ponty on 09-24-2004 at 08:40 AM

Hi,

I have a laptop that I dock at work, which have a 1280x1024 resolution on the external screen, and 1440x1200 on the internal screen when undocked.

Yesterday at home I placed the floating buddies at the bottom of the screen, during undocked state, i.e. 1440x1200 resolution.

Today at work, with 1280x1024 I cannot see my floating buddies - I assume they remember the screen position and don't adjust to the lower resolution, so they are now floating arround outside my screen area :(

Would be nice if a check on startup checks to see if the floating buddies is outside the screen area and put them back inside, so that I can move them in place, or even better - that they remember where I like to put them in each resolution...

But for now - How can I get them back? - I cannot move them with my mouse, and I would like to have them moved to the visible screen area.... *-)

RE: [bug] floating buddies - new screen size by Leif on 09-24-2004 at 10:07 AM

Temporarily change to 1440x1200, move them and then change back to your original resolution.