Shoutbox

[BUG] Floating Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [BUG] Floating Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=32032)

[BUG] Floating Contacts by brian on 09-25-2004 at 02:20 AM

BUG:

Floating contacts is a nice new feature, but when one of your contacts is offline, You can double-click on his name, and send him a message when he comes back, pretty nice feature? Here is the small glitch, In the checkmark, it shows

Send a message to "Username" when he/she signs-in

The one problem, it doesn't display whole nickname, and it does not attach ... to show that, it's a non continued name.

Thanks
-Brian

RE: [BUG] Floating Contacts by Chrono on 09-25-2004 at 04:25 AM

u get the point :P its prlly done on purpose :)

RE: [BUG] Floating Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-25-2004 at 06:35 AM

Brian, this isn't a floating contact issue at all though. This is a come-back message issue. Right-click on an offline contact in your contactlist, select Plus Extra's > Set come-back message. That's the thing you're talking about ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
u get the point its prlly done on purpose
yeah, otherwise the text "when he/she signs-in" will drop of if the name is too long.

But personally I would rather see the email address listed there (again with the same length-cropping of course) instead of the friendly name. Usually you reconize the email faster then you would reconize "I LOVE YOU CARl!!!"
(and this goes for other dialogs as well, like the renaming contact dialog, contactinformation, notification-dialog, etc...)

PS: "when he/she signs-in" shouldn't that be "when he/she signs in"?
(self-)splitted to "English translation"...

PSS: Why are there quotes around the friendly name here, and not in the rename contact dialog or the notifications dialog? Don't get me wrong though, I rather see the quotes there, because now I sometimes get wierd things like:
   Custom contact name for all who wanna party...:
instead of
   Custom contact name for: "all who wanna party..."

;)