Shoutbox

Another MSN crashing bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Another MSN crashing bug (/showthread.php?tid=32125)

Another MSN crashing bug by Taulin on 09-26-2004 at 09:28 AM

hi, i just upgraded to 3.20.100 and i found that if you disconnect from the net (or your connection disconnects on you) then the floating contacts stay on the desktop, if you right click on them at this stage msn messenger crashes

RE: Another MSN crashing bug by Anubis on 09-26-2004 at 10:36 AM

Yeah, I just tested that myself and it does appear to happen...

Most likely because the command is sent to MSN Messenger and it can't understand it (seeing as you shouldn't be accessing the contact list when signed out)...If it can't access the necessary information it could lead to a run time error and immediately a crash...

RE: Another MSN crashing bug by zaidgs on 09-26-2004 at 11:03 PM

me too, patchou should fix it

RE: Another MSN crashing bug by Patchou on 09-26-2004 at 11:28 PM

I'll check it out, thx

RE: Another MSN crashing bug by Vantage on 09-26-2004 at 11:57 PM

Well We all know one thing, Dont try and Acess Your Contact list while your not connected, DUH!

dumbasses...

but nice discovery, i dont how patchou will be able to fix this though :P unless making contacts not "right clicks" while disconected or signed out.

RE: Another MSN crashing bug by matty on 09-27-2004 at 12:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
but nice discovery, i dont how patchou will be able to fix this though :P unless making contacts not "right clicks" while disconected or signed out.
Well when there is either No connection to the internet or no user signed in. Simple

RE: RE: Another MSN crashing bug by Taulin on 09-27-2004 at 05:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Well We all know one thing, Dont try and Acess Your Contact list while your not connected, DUH!

dumbasses...

more of the point is that you dont expect to see the contact sitting there if you d/c or get d/ced, so you right click on it and bam, there goes msn messenger
RE: Another MSN crashing bug by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 06:05 AM

the point is that floating contacts are per-user. Meaning, there shouldn't be any floating contacts if you are not signed in (for whatever reasons)