Shoutbox

Changing font in nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Changing font in nickname (/showthread.php?tid=32158)

Changing font in nickname by stu on 09-27-2004 at 01:01 AM

Hey all, im just wondering if theres a way to change the font in your nickname. I mean, u can do basically anything else with your nickname, so why not change the font as well, eh? lol. Im not too sure how u would do it obviously, but if anyone knows anything about it, or maybe would like to make a plugin to do that, i would love it. thanks.. ttyl(H)

RE: Changing font in nickname by Chrono on 09-27-2004 at 01:02 AM

theres no program to do that...

RE: Changing font in nickname by stu on 09-27-2004 at 01:05 AM

ya i know theres no program.. or at least i havent found one. ive been searching for one for a while now, thats why im on here posting about it.. it would be cool if someone could make one tho...

RE: Changing font in nickname by BooGhost on 09-27-2004 at 01:38 AM

he meant there's no way to do that...... and if he didn't mean that (:refuck:) i mean it :P

nah :P

i'm nobody to say that but i *doubt* a plug-in could do that :-/

RE: Changing font in nickname by Vantage on 09-27-2004 at 01:46 AM

Im pretty sure that font would have to be uploaded into the server, perhaps this could be a suggestion for msn ?

RE: Changing font in nickname by stu on 09-27-2004 at 01:49 AM

Well, i dont know about using a pluggin, it would be cool, but i have seen it done before, the font being changed i mean. The person was using those little square boxes as they appear in the name, and i guess they changed the formatting of the text, changin the font.  i have no idea how they did it tho, and this person didnt do it themselves, and they dont know how they did it.. the person was a blonde, that should explain that -- no offence to any blondes out there --
Anyways, what im trying to get at here, is that there is a way to change the font, by pluggin or not, it would be cool to do i think. someone out there has got to know how to do it, lol

RE: Changing font in nickname by dstruct2k on 09-27-2004 at 08:23 AM

It **COULD** be done with a plugin... But it'd be sloppy.

Every font would have to be "indexed" with a unique number. So only Windows-included fonts could be used. (Any other fonts... Well, there's millions.) Then on, the "index" number could be used like color code.

But imagine, having 400 fonts, indexed.... Not pretty.

RE: Changing font in nickname by stu on 09-27-2004 at 02:59 PM

Ya, that makes sense, but theres still quite a few windows fonts, and i dont know about u, but Arial gets really boring really fast when everyone has the same font in their name. Im just looking for a little variation, thats all... let me know if anyone comes up with anything, that would be awesome!

RE: Changing font in nickname by Mushroom_Man on 09-27-2004 at 03:53 PM

There are a few characters that change your text - make it bigger for example, or reverse it. Anyone got these?

RE: Changing font in nickname by Plik on 09-27-2004 at 04:05 PM

Look at Mess with your nickname to make it bigger/dodgy.
And copy the character in the attached text file, and paste it at the frount of your display name to reverse it.
Note this only works with XP or 2000 i think

RE: Changing font in nickname by stu on 09-27-2004 at 04:20 PM

Well, thats a good start, but im looking for something that u can actually customize. If theres a way to actually customize that other thing, then that would work.. I posted a reply on that thread as well, but theres gotta be another way to do this other than just having it all random and what not. Hopefully somebody knows how....