Shoutbox

Suggestion for Auto-Accept - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion for Auto-Accept (/showthread.php?tid=32160)

Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-27-2004 at 01:16 AM

What about it to see what file type it is, like a .exe and when someone sends a .exe it not to accept it untill you accept it...Example:

Blah sends me a .jpg, it auto-accepts it, but then he sends a  .exe it dont auto-accept it...It just promts like a regular file..

I hope yall get what I mean :D.

[edit]
I mean what booghost posted :p..

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by BooGhost on 09-27-2004 at 01:36 AM

maybe this suggestion could be expanded a bit, like making filter for auto accept.... like don't auto accept files with some word in it like "pr0n", or "chrono", or "*.exe" (*.exe would be files having exe as extention)

:P

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-27-2004 at 01:37 AM

Yes thats what I mean :p..:)

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by ipab on 09-27-2004 at 01:38 AM

me likes a lot :D
i think we should have a poll

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by BooGhost on 09-27-2004 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
i think we should have a poll

I think we should have Fraisie to read this and realize what a GREAT sugestion it is :D

then ask Fraisie to kindly ask Patchou to do this :D

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by Fraisie on 09-27-2004 at 02:06 AM

What do I got to do in this ? lol

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by matty on 09-27-2004 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
What do I got to do in this ? lol
You sleep in the same bed, whisper it in his ear when he is sleeping. Honestly I dont see the point of this. If its a virus its not going to do anything unless you execute the file. Its a waste of time i hate to say it.

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by BooGhost on 09-27-2004 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
it in his ear when he is sleeping. Honestly I dont see the point of this. If its a virus its not going to do anything unless you execute the file. Its a waste of time i hate to say it.
more than thinking about virus i was thinking about unpleasent pictures..... like chromo-pr0n
RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-27-2004 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Honestly I dont see the point of this. If its a virus its not going to do anything unless you execute the file. Its a waste of time i hate to say it.

Well whatif someone names the file like MsgPlus3.exe and someone didnt know it was a virus ect, then you open it? and I have to agree with BooGhost :p..
RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 04:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Well whatif someone names the file like MsgPlus3.exe and someone didnt know it was a virus ect, then you open it? and I have to agree with BooGhost ..
That's why there is an option in Messenger to scan files for virusses... You should scan anything that you got from the net before you attemp to execute it...
RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-27-2004 at 11:58 AM

Hmm, yes I do, do that...But I still would like a "file filter" thing...:p

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by Patchou on 09-27-2004 at 09:12 PM

I still don't see the point... Messenger doesn't execute anything automatically, there's really no reason to be concerned... if you're afraid, you can just filter the contacts for whom you enable auto-accept and if it's not enough, maybe you should think aboutremovingsome of the people you got on your list :)

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-28-2004 at 12:15 AM

Hmm, I know it dont auto execute them, but what if they put a name of lets say it was this new JPEG worm sending in a file, and they named it, MessengerPlus!3.2 , and I didnt know that it was a worm in it? I mean would it be hard for you to make a file filter?,,

[offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
maybe you should think aboutremovingsome of the people you got on your list

Seeing that I my list is full, and I've talked to everyone in the past week on my list, I dont think i'll remove any :p
RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by Shlap on 09-28-2004 at 10:42 AM

*sigh* If you think someone will send you a virus then you should delete them straight away! So please get ova this auto accept thing!!!! Anywaz you SHOULD have anti-virus software so set it to check every file you recieve!!!

Sorry if i went ova da top:$

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by reisyboy on 09-28-2004 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
some word in it like "pr0n", or "chrono", or "*.exe"
I notice the "chrono:P

I agree with Patchou though its not auto executed if you dont want to open it once you have recived it dont do it:)
I would like to however be able to filter abit further what is an isnt allowed to be accepted e.g. No Audio Convo's but Cam is fine etc etc
RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-28-2004 at 08:27 PM

Yes thats what the most thing I want is what Reisyboy just said..Come on patchou!

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by marissa on 09-28-2004 at 08:56 PM

but sean, listen to what people are saying...he wont add a feature when its already some what assosiated with msn messenger...just get a bettervirus scan and hook it up with your msn so it scans well...

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by RebelSean on 09-28-2004 at 09:01 PM

It's not just for virus's...Read my posts :|..It could be for multiple things....Like for picture type...ect

RE: Suggestion for Auto-Accept by marissa on 09-28-2004 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Hmm, I know it dont auto execute them, but what if they put a name of lets say it was this new JPEG worm sending in a file, and they named it, MessengerPlus!3.2 , and I didnt know that it was a worm in it? I mean would it be hard for you to make a file filter?,,

quote:
Well whatif someone names the file like MsgPlus3.exe and someone didnt know it was a virus ect, then you open it? and I have to agree with BooGhost ..

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That's why there is an option in Messenger to scan files for virusses... You should scan anything that you got from the net before you attemp to execute it...
( :bow: )

and so im staying with my post...you seem that you're worried abou getting virii, so read my post, and if you wanan change this all around and say "read my post:|"  after your worried about viruses?

one word for you: DECLINE