Shoutbox

Docking... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Docking... (/showthread.php?tid=32167)

Docking... by jordanspringer on 09-27-2004 at 06:16 AM

I Know this has been said many times before, but I cannot stress this enough. As such an easy feature to add to msg plus, with the option to turn off/on, I think that window docking the contact list so that the contact list is always on screen and that no other application window covers it up would be nice. kind of have all other windows push aside, just like the windows taskbar does!. I know this has been said before, but people have kinda forgotten about this by now, and i really think this is a must small suggestion to plus.

also, the windows taskbar can "autohide", i think there should be an option to autohide the docked contact list;)

RE: Docking... by aNILEator on 09-27-2004 at 06:51 AM

there is a plugin to do this. its called docker.

RE: Docking... by michael_m91 on 09-28-2004 at 01:24 AM

Dock it on the side of the screen, then go Tools > Always On Top.

RE: Docking... by saralk on 09-28-2004 at 08:20 PM

what he wants it to do is reduce the screen size, so when you maximize a window, it doesnt cover the messenger screen, or go under it

RE: Docking... by Patchou on 09-29-2004 at 01:07 AM

quote:
such an easy feature to add to msg plus
I always findthis kind of remark amusing.... I'm sorry but I did try to do that already and I didn't find a good way.
RE: Docking... by aNILEator on 09-29-2004 at 04:46 PM

he appears to have a point there ^o):S

RE: Docking... by Patchou on 09-29-2004 at 05:41 PM

I'll check it out again, however, you have to understand something: Messenger Plus! is not a program on its own, it hooks Messenger and tried to manipulate it. Things that can be easy in your own program can become almost impossible when you hook :).

RE: Docking... by aNILEator on 09-29-2004 at 05:55 PM

ah better point ;-)

RE: Docking... by BEWARE^^ on 09-29-2004 at 06:12 PM

well i hope patchou finds a way to make it still possible coz :D coz its is a great feature

RE: Docking... by Ezra on 09-29-2004 at 06:33 PM

Maybe the creator of docker should help patch?

RE: Docking... by BEWARE^^ on 09-29-2004 at 07:03 PM

well thats an option so they can work it out together to make it possible to work and maybe patchou could also fix something like that too for the floating contacts thats they dock on the side of the window :P

RE: Docking... by user27089 on 09-29-2004 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Maybe the creator of docker should help patch?
They don't necisserally need to work together, the creater could just create a plugin for Messenger Plus! that way Patchou doesn't get distracted, and can get on with his to-do-list that he has already.
RE: Docking... by aNILEator on 09-29-2004 at 11:05 PM

i believe docker had the source code released, it never auto-hid like the contact list does with MSN SHELL

RE: Docking... by agbrint on 10-29-2004 at 11:38 PM

a small idea (dunno on possibility):

i really like to see my contact list all the time... but due to small taskbar space i find it really annoying having the "MSN Messenger" taskbar entry (the actual window, not the icon)... is there any way to remove said taskbar entry??
if not, ill have to put up with it...

~Alex~

RE: Docking... by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-30-2004 at 12:43 AM

i know this is offtopic, but what about having msn messenger snapping to the endges like winamp does? could this be done easy?

RE: Docking... by aNILEator on 10-30-2004 at 12:31 PM

no i think that would have to be in the actual program rather than in an add-on

OR

This would be tricky to code