Shoutbox

[Request] Remote Access Plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [Request] Remote Access Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=32177)

[Request] Remote Access Plugin by John on 09-27-2004 at 12:58 PM

if i knew how to make plugins i'd do it myself :) but i cant, so can someone make this plugin please? here's my explanation:

i want a plugin where on msn messenger on another computer (for example my work computer) i can control my msn messenger at home

• i'd want to be able to send files from my home computer to my work computer through msn
  • change the status of my home msn and/or change the auto message
  • recieve details (a list of who's online on my home msn for examlpe, or a list of all the files in a certain directory (like the dir command in DOS))
  • open a link (so if i was at work, i'd send a link (for example: www.thisisalink.com/files/download.exe) through msn to my home msn, and then my home msn would automatically open the link (and therefore download whatever it is))
  • change my home msn nickname
  • start webcam (to check if anyone's in my room ;) )
  • close msn
  • shut down computer
  • etc..etc..

to make sure the wrong people wouldnt have access to your msn there should be a filter, and also a password. it should work even if messenger is locked on the home computer.

here are two examples:

Jack (me at work) sends the command <send me: C:\Files\Art\Abyss.jpg> with the password <pw: frenchfries>
then John (my home msn) sends the file, as you can see here:
[Image: remoteplug-send.gif]
only John has to have the plugin, Jack doesnt (therefore i could access my home msn from any computer)

here Jack is changing John's status, this is self explanatory..
[Image: remoteplug-status.gif]

i know there are lots more things you could do, i havent thought of them all yet, if you have any ideas aswell please post them here :) and if you can and are willing to make such a plugin please do so :D

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by RaceProUK on 09-27-2004 at 01:50 PM

Actually, the best way to do this would be a bot. However, this would require a lot of work, as you'd either have to hook Messenger, write your own client, or a proxy to intercept messages (the last is probably the easiest).

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by John on 09-27-2004 at 02:34 PM

you wouldnt have to do any of that, all you would have to do is make msn messenger automatically perform the command sent to it through a conversation window if the password is correct.

so you just need to make a plugin that understands the command, and can make messenger automatically perform the command, which should be very easy because you're not adding any new features, you're just making msn do what it can do already, but then you're making it do it by itself, like a robot.

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by Yousef on 09-27-2004 at 03:33 PM

mmm, I offered to make this earlier but nobody was interested, everyone prefers using a VNC.... (have a search for the thread)

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by John on 09-28-2004 at 10:12 AM

VNC is confusing, and i just want something that's only for msn messenger, please have a look and consider making this any plugin makers (G):)

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by optimism_ on 09-28-2004 at 10:21 AM

you know, i may actually make an attempt at making this as a new project...
watch this space while i have a go at making it

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by John on 09-28-2004 at 10:23 AM

thank you very much :o) i hope it works out well (Y):)

p.s. LP rocks (H)

RE: [Request] Remote Access Plugin by Hordo on 10-04-2004 at 05:06 AM

This would be the best plugin together with SS3 and Stuffplug :)