Shoutbox

remove the defaults - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: remove the defaults (/showthread.php?tid=32178)

remove the defaults by thing on 09-27-2004 at 12:59 PM

hello

in the last version of messenger plus! settings is there any way to remove the default text in the "quick texts"? after saving the settings the text that was there will always come back
i also had the same problem with "status presets" but they are okay now.

and why does the "display all messenger events in a window" setting uncheck after saving the settings?

thanks

RE: remove the defaults by RaceProUK on 09-27-2004 at 01:54 PM

I think it's just the way Plus is designed when it comes to quicktexts. To be honest it's not really a problem: you can just overwrite them when you want to, or just not use them.

RE: remove the defaults by lopardo on 09-27-2004 at 04:02 PM

It's by design, if you don't write anything on the firsts quick texts, the default value will be used.

RE: remove the defaults by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
It's by design, if you don't write anything on the firsts quick texts, the default value will be used.
There is a workaround though. Simply delete the section [QuickText.Defaults] in the translation file of the translation you use. But, this means also that it depends on the language you use and it is only local on your computer; if you import your settings to another computer were the language file isn't edited, it will come back...

Maybe it is an idea to make an advanced setting (read: registry key) for it to be disabled... Patchou?

quote:
Originally posted by thing
and why does the "display all messenger events in a window" setting uncheck after saving the settings?
ermm.. are you sure? That setting is saved (exported/imported) nicely here, whatever the state is...

RE: remove the defaults by thing on 09-28-2004 at 10:14 AM

thanks! no stupid quick text now hehe, "patchou" or whatever should fix it anyway

well im sure about the second question, i cant check the option but it still logs the changes in the window, so no problem!