Shoutbox

Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=32210)

Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by Patchou on 09-28-2004 at 12:53 AM

Hi,

I'm currently developing version 3.21 and I need your help to test some stuff... many of you reported that the Always On Top property of the floating contacts seem to deactivate by itself for various reasons from tiem to time. I've not been able to reproduce this problem myself so I can't be sure that my currentmodificationssolved the problem. If you're currently experiencing the problem (and you know how to reproduce the problem on your computer), plaase send an email to mplus@patchou.com and I'll send you a beta version that will, hopefully, solve the problem.

Thanks!
Patchou

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by RebelSean on 09-28-2004 at 02:04 AM

I have never had this problem. And I have all my contacts on the desktop..But will email you if I can get it to do that, and then re-produce it :).

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by brian on 09-28-2004 at 02:04 AM

Hello Patchou! =D

It gets unloaded serval times, Most of the time, when a program is loaded Before MSN, it sort of doesn't Always on Top it, Example, I open my computer, run my photoshop to making some photoshopin' and then suddenly remember to run MSN, when it loads, it doesn't loads into the window.

The second that rarely comes, is when a special movements done by another program, Example Internet explorer script (resizing) so it un-displays it.

Not anymore that i can think off, and time to sleep |-)

Goodnight everyone, and Patchou =D

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by k776 on 09-28-2004 at 02:38 AM

email sent patchou.

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by Patchou on 09-28-2004 at 07:20 AM

Thanksfor the post Brian... I hope you sent me an email so that I can send you a beta version :)

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by brian on 09-28-2004 at 10:35 AM

I'm going to send the email as soon as possible, it's 6:34 AM here, and i better get to my bus =P stupid schools =P

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by lopardo on 09-28-2004 at 12:48 PM

BTW, what Windows version are you using? I'm having similar problems with another program in my Windows XP SP1 (I also have Windows 98 and Windows XP SP2 and it works fine there).

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-28-2004 at 01:26 PM

lopardo, make sure it isn't the "show desktop" vs. "minimize all" problem described here: CookieRevised's reply to Messenger Plus! 3.20

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by lopardo on 09-28-2004 at 01:29 PM

No, Plus works great, it's with another program. I set it to be always on top, but sometimes it doesn't work (and it only happens in my XP SP1).

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-28-2004 at 07:47 PM

I was talking about that other program......

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by brian on 09-28-2004 at 08:07 PM

I have sent an email to you, Patchou.

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by KirbySSB on 09-29-2004 at 08:14 PM

Being able to put your contacts on your desktop rules!

However, I spent the last 4+ hours making a nice background to store all of my contacts. It worked great until I restarted my computer and they ALL scrambled. :S I don't want to replace them all every time I restart my computer. PLEASE make it so they can stay where you put them! I don't want my 4 hour background to go to waste!

Also -- Not only do they scramble but they return to the colors you set as default. I sort my contacts using the seperate boarder colors. If it could save this information that would be awesome, I want to keep my list on my desktop.

Thank you Patchou and I'm looking forward to new improvements. You've made MSN infinitely better than AIM.

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by toddy on 09-29-2004 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KirbySSB
Being able to put your contacts on your desktop rules!

However, I spent the last 4+ hours making a nice background to store all of my contacts. It worked great until I restarted my computer and they ALL scrambled. I don't want to replace them all every time I restart my computer. PLEASE make it so they can stay where you put them! I don't want my 4 hour background to go to waste!

Also -- Not only do they scramble but they return to the colors you set as default. I sort my contacts using the seperate boarder colors. If it could save this information that would be awesome, I want to keep my list on my desktop.

Thank you Patchou and I'm looking forward to new improvements. You've made MSN infinitely better than AIM.

after u have selected your colours you want. click "set as default" and it will save the colours u have chosen
RE: RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by KirbySSB on 09-29-2004 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
after u have selected your colours you want. click "set as default" and it will save the colours u have chosen

I know but I have the females with purple outline, males with blue. When I restart my computer ALL contacts scramble all over my desktop and all turn to the default (which I set as blue outline). This makes me have to replace them ALL, and switch the outline color back to purple for all the girls on my list.
RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by toddy on 09-29-2004 at 08:32 PM

well u can use Choli's  "Plus! Tweak!" that can set the color for each contact Separately. Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20 :)

when u do it on your desktop, it just sets a defualt for all of them, choli's plus! tweak! can set it for each contact

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-29-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
well u can use Choli's  "Plus! Tweak!" that can set the color for each contact Separately. Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20

when u do it on your desktop, it just sets a defualt for all of them, choli's plus! tweak! can set it for each contact
Using Choli's tweaker or using the rightclick menu is EXACTLY the same.

At least it should be, and that is also the thing that KirbySSB is talking about (and the others); it is exactly the bug what Patchou is talking about: The settings for the contacts aren't always saved properly (on top, colors, etc... etc...). And if it isn't saved properly then it can't be read and it will change to the default settings...
RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by KirbySSB on 09-29-2004 at 09:10 PM

I wouldn't mind it as much, except look at this! I spent so much time on it and if I have to replace them all every time I restart my computer.. screw it then :( but on the news page it said "Never use your contact list again!" and that sounded awesome.

[Image: UberpwnDesktop.th.jpg]

Click for large.

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-29-2004 at 09:16 PM

It was never meant as a replacement for your entire contactlist... Also, the bug will be fixed (and new things added). Have patience ;)

Also "Never use your contact list again!" is a catchfrase, an advertisement banner. And catchfrases in advertising should rarely taken 100% seriously (watch the TV and some commercials, you'll know what I mean ;)). Although you _could_ put your entire list on the desktop, but as said, it was never meant for that. The purpose of the floating contacts is that you can always keep an eye on those few special persons without opening your contact list....

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by KirbySSB on 09-29-2004 at 09:46 PM

I guess it's just a waiting game (H)

And yeah I know it's not supposed to be an entire replacement but I never use my desktop anyway.

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by Patchou on 09-30-2004 at 02:39 AM

Sorry for this problem, it has been fixed in version 3.21. In the meantime, just remember to sign-out before you exit Messenger and your floating windows will be saved :)

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by KirbySSB on 09-30-2004 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Sorry for this problem, it has been fixed in version 3.21. In the meantime, just remember to sign-out before you exit Messenger and your floating windows will be saved :)

Really? AWESOME, thank you so much. I'm always looking forward to the next Messanger Plus. Thank you Patchou.
RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by Xero_Cool on 10-06-2004 at 10:56 PM

Patchou: Do you need any BETA TESTERS for the next version of msgplus :P

RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts by matty on 10-07-2004 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Xero_Cool
Patchou: Do you need any BETA TESTERS for the next version of msgplus :P
Patchou already has a list of beta testers and will more then likley use them again. People that have the [Image: mptester.gif] are offical testers. These people are friends, loyal trusted posters etc. So sorry Patchou probably wont be looking for more. Sorry to say.