Shoutbox

indication if a post is already reported - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: indication if a post is already reported (/showthread.php?tid=32241)

indication if a post is already reported by CookieRevised on 09-28-2004 at 03:19 PM

omg, WDZ is sooooo gonna slap me for this :p
(but maybe an idea to reduce double reports)

Well, as the title already suggested, an indication in the report window of when a post is already been reported or not.

Just an indication, no details as of why or the reporttext or something though....

Whenever the report is dealt with (ignored, fixed, whatever) the indication would be deleted also...

* CookieRevised runs like hell now...

RE: indication if a post is already reported by Anubis on 09-28-2004 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Well, as the title already suggested, an indication in the report window of when a post is already been reported or not.
Isn't that already there?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=314345]
RE: indication if a post is already reported by matty on 09-28-2004 at 03:32 PM

What about a grayed out report button without a link

RE: indication if a post is already reported by user27089 on 09-28-2004 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.

Thats a better idea, or what if, in the main forums or latest posts, there is like a red dot that only forum staff can see, and there is the post that is reported.. no lol aww well..

I agree, it would be better and less frustrating for the forum staff, i say, implement it, it would save hastle :D
RE: indication if a post is already reported by Anubis on 09-28-2004 at 03:37 PM

What would really be less hassle would be if every time you double posted it was automatically merged into the last post...believe this has been suggested before...

RE: indication if a post is already reported by lopardo on 09-28-2004 at 03:38 PM

Well, if we're gonna be picky ;) then why not a listbox with common reasons (ie spam, double post, link to forbidden sites, etc), then there could be a new stat: who's the one with more reported posts and why :)

RE: indication if a post is already reported by WDZ on 09-28-2004 at 03:42 PM

Uhh... *waits for Cookie's reply to Anubis*

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Nah, I don't want showthread.php querying the reports table for such a small feature.
RE: indication if a post is already reported by CookieRevised on 09-28-2004 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Uhh... *waits for Cookie's reply to Anubis*

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Isn't that already there?
errrrmmmm...... riiiiiight....well....... erm....... I'm... eermmm.... DOH!  :$

* CookieRevised goes hiding in the corner :'( :'( :'( :'(
RE: indication if a post is already reported by WDZ on 09-28-2004 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Well, if we're gonna be picky ;) then why not a listbox with common reasons (ie spam, double post, link to forbidden sites, etc)
I think that would encourage spammy reports... is it really hard to type "double post" or something? :p

quote:
then there could be a new stat: who's the one with more reported posts and why :)
If you mean who reports the most, that's another thing to encourage unnecessary reports. :dodgy: I hate unnecessary reports, so no. :p

If you mean whose posts are reported the most, that's not really any of the public's business. Anyway, that data isn't fully available with the current system.

Now, thread closed, because Anubis says he wants to "spam it up" :dodgy:
RE: RE: indication if a post is already reported by CookieRevised on 10-02-2004 at 04:05 AM

[intro]

quote:
errrrmmmm...... riiiiiight....well....... erm....... I'm... eermmm.... DOH!  :$

* CookieRevised goes hiding in the corner :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hmm.... heeeeey, wait a minute!

* CookieRevised stops crying and comes out of the corner...

YES, time for some revenge :D

[/intro]

When a report has been handled, the indication isn't cleared on the page for reporting a post. A report that has been handled/forgotten (eg: accidently cleared) will still be indicated there as "already been reported".

This makes that, if you follow that indicator, you wouldn't report the post anymore, thus the post will be forgotten about...

eg, the double posting here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=315327#pid315327

I once reported it, and now the indicator shows it, but the post is still there and Chrono told me there are no reports anymore. So shouldn't the indicator be cleared when the report is cleared?

Soooo....... do I have my revenge now? :P
RE: indication if a post is already reported by Chrono on 10-02-2004 at 04:08 AM

now that i think about it, no u cant :refuck:

Why? cause what if i read the post, i think its not spam and that  it shouldnt be deleted/splitted/merged ?

Its better to leave a message so people wont report it again... if i didnt remove it at the beggining and someone else reports the same post, why would i do something with it now?

RE: indication if a post is already reported by CookieRevised on 10-02-2004 at 04:10 AM

* CookieRevised slaps Chrono for reading my mind...
ssssshhhhhhttt don't tell WDZ that :P

Seriously... yes, I thought about that, but isn't there any other way? Because how can we be sure between the difference of "forgotten" report and a "not-valid" report? Or should I just ignore the indicator again, like I used to? :D :P

RE: indication if a post is already reported by Chrono on 10-02-2004 at 04:12 AM

ignore it :P
a report isnt forgotten often :P (only if someone clicked the mark as read button by accident :P

edit:

Blond Geval (CookieRevised) --=[ a presto... e divertiti molto a Firenze ]=-- dice:
that doesn't make sense... you contradicted yourself
Blond Geval (CookieRevised) --=[ a presto... e divertiti molto a Firenze ]=-- dice:
-> Its better to leave a message so people wont report it again...
-> Or should I just ignore the indicator again
-> ignore it

Chrono, con disco nuevo   dice:
hm
Chrono, con disco nuevo   dice:
-> Its better to leave a message so people wont report it again. << like "this post has already been reported.

Then
-> ignore it << if u see a "post already reported" then ignore it.

RE: indication if a post is already reported by WDZ on 10-02-2004 at 04:16 AM

quote:
A report that has been handled/forgotten (eg: accidently cleared)
What? :o As if that would actually happen here... 8-) (a)

quote:
I once reported it, and now the indicator shows it, but the post is still there and Chrono told me there are no reports anymore.
Dodgy Cookie getting info from mods... :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Why? cause what if i read the post, i think its not spam and that  it shouldnt be deleted/splitted/merged ?
That's my reason against changing the behavior of the notification text. I often ignore reports on purpose (there are people who make dodgier reports than you, Cookie :p).