Shoutbox

Plus! and Messenger 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! and Messenger 7 (/showthread.php?tid=32301)

Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 09-29-2004 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Back in May, 2003 we exclusively revealed MSN Messenger 6.0. This time around it's 6.0's bigger brother, 7.0. MSN Messenger is clearly progressing in this early look at 7.0. You now have the ability to sign in as busy/away/offline etc which will please a lot of people. 3 Degrees is finally encorporated into MSN Messenger (something I had been writing about for more than a year). The interface is cleaner, smarter and the features are great!

Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.

Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.

The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contacts display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface. MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11 with a general "MSN Messenger Wave 10" release as late as February 2005. We'll keep you updated but for now enjoy the screenshots.

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24503&category=main

As some of you may know (and Patchou also) Messenger 7 will hit around Feb 2005. Im just wondering if Patchou is planning Plus! 4 for this new version (which i doubt) or/and if he thinks any "issues" may arrise with this new version.
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by matty on 09-29-2004 at 10:57 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32297&action=lastpost

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 09-29-2004 at 11:07 PM

yes but im asking about Plus! with  Messenger 7. Problems new version new features (talking about the rumored DDPs) ect. Maybe Patchou can fill us in on info

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by matty on 09-29-2004 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
yes but im asking about Plus! with  Messenger 7. Problems new version new features (talking about the rumored DDPs) ect. Maybe Patchou can fill us in on info
Patchou wont be able to do anything or no anything about incompatibility issues until the offical release of MSN Messenger 7. Patchou doesn't install Beta software to code on because it may change in the actual release.
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 09-30-2004 at 02:22 AM

Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :p)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :p.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by matty on 09-30-2004 at 02:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :p)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :p.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).
I didn't think you installed betas to code on because if they change something by the final release then your kind of screwed and have to work on it even more. *cough* MSN Messenger 5 *cough**cough*Plus! incompatibility*cough*

Sorry to bring it up but its my valid point. Even with Plus! 2.5 (I think it was) and MSN Messenger 6 beta, as far as I can remember, mind you I dont remember 3 days ago let along MSN Messenger 6 beta. :P
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 09-30-2004 at 06:16 AM

Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riley on 09-30-2004 at 07:56 AM

wow i just can't wait till the day both programs are running smoothly on my pc :D

I hope Patchou can get's his hands on this beta a.s.a.p so he don't include features in plus that also will be in 7 cause that will be lost of usefull time... though i don't think micro$oft can make such kick-ass features idea's as patchou...:p

[off topic] i still hope for a official pause/resume filetransfer support in 7... :)[/off topic]

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-02-2004 at 10:32 AM

quote:

OK thanks for explaing that. I have Messenger 7 Beta (its been virus scanned and it perfectly runs on my system but i understand if u dont trust me). Where can i upload it so you can download it? I didnt PM this to you personally because i know ur very busy too read PMs

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Anubis on 10-02-2004 at 12:08 PM

quote:
I have Messenger 7 Beta (its been virus scanned and it perfectly runs on my system but i understand if u dont trust me)
It has leaked?...Where did you get it from?
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by marke on 10-02-2004 at 05:58 PM

plus is not working on m7 :(

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mike on 10-02-2004 at 06:01 PM

How do you know? :-/

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-02-2004 at 06:07 PM

Beta's have leaked already...Maby he has it?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by marke on 10-02-2004 at 06:11 PM

yes its leaked

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-02-2004 at 06:20 PM

That link dont work for me?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mike on 10-02-2004 at 06:21 PM

He changed it a bit if you notice... ;)
Im trying to "fix" it right now...

* Mike feels like a bad guy.... :(

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-02-2004 at 06:37 PM

Do not post links to the Messenger 7 beta on this forum please :). Note that I got it today and that I'm already working on it... let's cross fingers.

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mike on 10-02-2004 at 06:43 PM

Is it going to be that hard like 6...? *-)

quote:
Do not post links to the Messenger 7 beta on this forum please :)
Reminds me the MSN 6 beta leak era... :dodgy:
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by marke on 10-02-2004 at 08:27 PM

i hope that we hear the news very soon

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Guido on 10-02-2004 at 10:33 PM

Good luck with working on it :) Hope it's not as hard as Messenger 6. Even if it is, remember Plus! was almost dead and even Patchou had little hope, but he did it! :P

(BTW you can't install Msgr 6 AND 7 simultaneously can you?)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Jolo on 10-02-2004 at 10:36 PM

I'm using; very stable, but Messenger Plus! 3.10 doesn't work. :(

Hope Patchou release a fix soon... :)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-02-2004 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Is it going to be that hard like 6
Don't even start me on this... :S. I'll do my bestto provide "some" compatibility in the next release (3.21), however, I don't promise anything, some things are going to be pretty difficult to keep (and while I'm at it, here is the first sad fact: forget about the "hide banner" option in Messenger 7).
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-02-2004 at 10:55 PM

Patchou will not release a version of Messenger Plus! with capibility with messenger 7 untill the FINAL version of Msn Version 7.0 is released..He has to make sure it WILL work...Currently, I have been told, Patchou has the beta and is working on a version that will work...:)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by andrey on 10-02-2004 at 11:48 PM

..just got the new version. Some new features, the most of them will probably be added in later betas / publics..
hope that it's not too complicated updating Plus but i think it will be some hard work for patchou :S
For me, i installed both 6.2 and 7. Before i installed v7 i just renamed the "MSN Messenger" folder to "MSN Messenger 6.2" and the new version got installed in a new folder. I can run both versions without probs...

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by user503 on 10-02-2004 at 11:51 PM

removed

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Jolo on 10-02-2004 at 11:58 PM

quote:
quote:
Is it going to be that hard like 6
Don't even start me on this... :S. I'll do my bestto provide "some" compatibility in the next release (3.21), however, I don't promise anything, some things are going to be pretty difficult to keep (and while I'm at it, here is the first sad fact: forget about the "hide banner" option in Messenger 7).

Damn it! :(
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by 4ke. on 10-03-2004 at 12:20 AM

the oversized picture will not work with this version i think coz one of my contacts has an oversized dp but me i see it in small :(

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by andrey on 10-03-2004 at 12:29 AM

Just one quick question: is the games menu working with the beta so i can play with others that still have 6.2 ? Or are the games / activities menues not working on the beta ?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by user503 on 10-03-2004 at 12:33 AM

removed

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by jcgamer60 on 10-03-2004 at 02:39 AM

anyone who wants a ad remover patch pm me with your email.

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-03-2004 at 03:07 AM

the patch was on neowin in the "MSN Messenger 7.0 Beta leaked!" topic, in this post http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2...25&#entry584664515

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-03-2004 at 04:12 AM

Patchou : Good Luck with working on compatibility issues between Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger 7. :)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by user503 on 10-03-2004 at 05:05 AM

removed

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mike on 10-03-2004 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres

You can quite easily make your own custom patches by editing the UIFILE's in msnmsgr.exe.  Just open up msnmsgr.exe in a resource editer like Resource Hacker.  The UIFILE for the contact list is at the bottom of resource 923.. you can customize or remove stuff

Dan

Yeah this is true but also illegal... :(
If you read in the EULA they say something like: "You may not modify the program in any way"
quote:
(and while I'm at it, here is the first sad fact: forget about the "hide banner" option in Messenger 7).
Never say never...
Actually i could live with the banner but I'm preety sure that you can do it ;)
Anyway, focus on "main" things and leave the banner last... :)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-03-2004 at 06:11 AM

I didn't knowtherewas a UI file for the contact list of Messenger 7, I just assumed everythign was hardcoded :p.Anyway, let's not talk too much about all this, I've not even really started to work on this, modifications inthe sponor agreement are the toppriority for me right now.

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by marke on 10-03-2004 at 09:13 AM

why u cant rewmove banner - http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=3e264dace...60&#entry584665965 check this :)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-03-2004 at 09:19 AM

quote:
I didn't knowtherewas a UI file for the contact list of Messenger 7, I just assumed everythign was hardcoded :p.Anyway, let's not talk too much about all this, I've not even really started to work on this, modifications inthe sponor agreement are the toppriority for me right now.

why worry bout MSN Messenger7, all this Hype bout Msn Messenger7 is borring :) .. just have to look at it , why would you wanna use a Bloated Program ?  the Question is, i'd like to know, the people using Windows Messenger4.7 will they be forced to use the 5.0  or MSN Messenger6 or 7 as i cant see Microsoft keeping or supporting the old Protocols  forr the older Clients much longer after 7 is released maybe? ,
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riley on 10-03-2004 at 09:21 AM

well goodluck with coding patchou! i guess there's a lot of work to do! (y)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by TheDude on 10-03-2004 at 10:05 AM

Polygamy doesn't work :( I get an error message when trying to sign in on a second account.

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by reisyboy on 10-03-2004 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheDude
Polygamy doesn't work :( I get an error message when trying to sign in on a second account.
Get over to mess.be they have a poly patch :)

Hey it looks liek the ad banner can be removed ive seen 3 patches now that can do it, so there is hope at the end of the tunnel patchou ;)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-03-2004 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Don't even start me on this... . I'll do my bestto provide "some" compatibility in the next release (3.21), however, I don't promise anything, some things are going to be pretty difficult to keep (and while I'm at it, here is the first sad fact: forget about the "hide banner" option in Messenger 7).

Patchou if i may ask you why is the "Hide Banner" gonna be dificult?
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by CookieRevised on 10-03-2004 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marke
why u cant rewmove banner - http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=3e264dace...60&#entry584665965 check this :)
That's Windows X's old patch, he has added polygamy and removal of tabs, search bar and msn today page.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&t=22...ndpost&p=584666068

concearning the banner removal: Patchou uses quite a different method then what all the patches do, so those methods can't be compared....
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-03-2004 at 12:04 PM

Another thing can this Messenger 7 be installed over Messenger 6.2 the after trying it out reinstall 6.2 over it?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by CookieRevised on 10-03-2004 at 12:13 PM

This thread is about Messenger 7 AND Messenger Plus!. Everything about Messenger 7 only should go to:
MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA

Please, keep it on topic in both threads!

also read "MSN Messenger 7 beta and Messenger Plus!" first...

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by patachous buddy on 10-04-2004 at 04:03 AM

[size=3]Patchou, in 7,  the ad banner has  already been removed!
See: http://www.mess.be/msnmessenger7.htm
There's a patch and a "Tabs remover" that cleans up 7 entirely. It takes out the homoerotic MSN TODAY and EBAY tabs that plaugues the left side of the MSN main window too.
Keep up the good work , Messenger Plus is really good and I look forward to the plus! for 7 PEACE, J.

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-04-2004 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Another thing can this Messenger 7 be installed over Messenger 6.2 the after trying it out reinstall 6.2 over it?

i wouldnt suggest u install 7 over the top of 6.2 .
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-04-2004 at 06:11 AM

Well, it seems to me that this time, it will be pretty difficult to remove the banner without using a memory patch (a crack), and I wouldn't do this as it is clearly illegal. I'll check it out anyway, dont worry.

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by The One on 10-04-2004 at 01:31 PM

Any guess on how long it might take before an update?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by user503 on 10-04-2004 at 02:22 PM

removed

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Millenium_edition on 10-04-2004 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Patchou is it actually illegal still when your only modifying it in memory?  I thought it was only if you modified the actual exe file on the harddrive..?

Dan
they both involve decompiling first, so YES it is illegal.
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by brianjdupuis on 10-04-2004 at 04:42 PM

Can you remove the search thing in the new messenger too its kinda annoying LOL?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by user503 on 10-04-2004 at 05:08 PM

removed

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-04-2004 at 11:57 PM

quote:
It would be possible to remove the Search box if Patchou does decided he will modify the UIFILE (which it doesnt look like so I dunno :P)  but there are patches that can remove it for you all around :)

Dan

Personally i wouldnt use MSN Messenger7 atm till the Flaw thats been reported is fixed unless ya want a hacker gaining control of ya system

As MSN Messenger 7 goes into private beta, Neowin has learned of several exploits resulting in the "winks" feature of MSN Messenger 7. A Neowin member wishing to remain anonymous has alerted us that users can generate their own flash movies and send them across MSN Messenger. As flash movies can open other things on the system such as Internet Explorer, this could be fatal. As MSN Messenger 7 is only beta and isn't available publically this isn't a major exploit but it does show that added features to a product like this makes it less secure and more open to attack/exploit.

MSN Messenger 7 is beta and is available in copies floating around the internet. We strongly advise members not to use the current beta until this flaw has been resolved. MSN Messenger 7 effectively opens your system up to allow a hacker to run numerous tasks on your machine.

We ask members not to post any exploit code or how to exploit MSN Messenger 7, thank you.
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by CookieRevised on 10-05-2004 at 12:56 AM

quote:
From the IRC #MsgPlus channel (30 minutes ago)

<Patchou> hey everyone
<Patchou> who's interested in some Messenger 7 compatibility news?
<Patchou> ok... well, I'm happy to say that after 3 nights, a lot of pepsi and some sushi, Plus! is already 2/3 compatible with Messenger 7
<Patchou> the big work I'll have to do now is support the new contact list interface to find a way to add the Plus! icon, support customer names, etc...
<Patchou> ... and you can tell people that it's nice if they want to test but I already have my tester list :)
<Patchou> anyway, with some luck, I'll release a version entirely compatible by the end of the month, maybe before depending on how it goes
<Patchou> see ya all later
<Time> this is compatible with which build in specific?
<Patchou> with all builds.. Plus! is not a crack ;)
<Patchou> it takes more than a buildchange to break it
<Time> haha, nice
* Patchou (~tidus@MsgPlus-F830AB4C.sympatico.ca) Quit

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by BooGhost on 10-05-2004 at 03:57 AM

that's grrrrrrrreat NEWS :banana:

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-05-2004 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Personally i wouldnt use MSN Messenger7 atm till the Flaw thats been reported is fixed unless ya want a hacker gaining control of ya system
You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 :).

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time :).
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by find_your_spot on 10-05-2004 at 06:41 AM

<:o) Good work patchou (Y)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-05-2004 at 07:40 AM

quote:
quote:
You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 :).

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time :).

thats why i never installed it.. , but Patchou your doing a Great job  with Plus compatibility in 7  :)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riley on 10-05-2004 at 08:14 AM

wow that's great news patchou! thx for the update
*crosses fingers that stuffplugNG also will work with 7*

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by josh on 10-05-2004 at 09:13 AM

Awesome work, Patchou!!

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by timmie_loots on 10-05-2004 at 11:49 AM

Wow, that sounds good! I hope Plus! will become Msn 7 compatible soon! Good luck with any further problems (that hopefully won't occur ;)) and good job so far!

Tim

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Saven on 10-05-2004 at 02:05 PM

:D very good job man :D (Y)
i wish i was a good programmer :P

ive only programmed a nickname popupper with Visual Basic 8-|

cyaaaaaaaaa

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Lee on 10-05-2004 at 02:41 PM

gr8! Patchou you own!
that means, that we'll be able to have SPNG on it and by this fact using oversized display pictures?:P

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Knad on 10-05-2004 at 02:59 PM

i read somewhere that oversize DP's is very unlikely as MSN 7 resises them proportionally or summit...i think it was TB that said this..ask him lolz

and MSN 7 with plus will rock...I MISS MY COLORED NICK!

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Saven on 10-05-2004 at 03:02 PM

hey patchou can't you release a beta of msgplus :P
that would be cool :)

cyaaa

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by aNILEator on 10-05-2004 at 03:05 PM

why should he?

He'd just get crap from people saying that it doesn't work ect

[no subject] by DJHasis on 10-05-2004 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Saven
hey patchou can't you release a beta of msgplus :P
that would be cool :)

It may be that Patchou doesn't yet have a functional version so he might not release it yet. So wait for atleast a day more before reasking it. :D
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-05-2004 at 03:24 PM

Patchou - hmm i dont know if Plus! can do this (or how powerful it is to a extent :P) but could code be written into Plus! to try to block or avoid the current EXPLOIT in Messenger 7? I dont know much so its just a little suggestion. Users please dont flame me :)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Saven on 10-05-2004 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
why should he?

He'd just get crap from people saying that it doesn't work ect

not from me :)

PS: how old is patchou??? becouse he must go to school too i think *-) :P
RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by MoRiA on 10-05-2004 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Patchou - hmm i dont know if Plus! can do this (or how powerful it is to a extent :P) but could code be written into Plus! to try to block or avoid the current EXPLOIT in Messenger 7? I dont know much so its just a little suggestion. Users please dont flame me :)

Mess.be seem to have a patch to stop it.

Patchou is 23 according to the "Age" thing below his avatar ;)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by reisyboy on 10-05-2004 at 03:51 PM

U the man patchou ;)

im always ur loyal tester (A) lol

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Sean Pirie on 10-05-2004 at 04:03 PM

Amazingly good patchou! i wish i was a tester like you lucky people :| that would rock, just like patchou does withi his plugins. Good work on it, and great news on the progress

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by TheXception on 10-05-2004 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
...For me, i installed both 6.2 and 7. Before i installed v7 i just renamed the "MSN Messenger" folder to "MSN Messenger 6.2" and the new version got installed in a new folder. I can run both versions without probs...

I tried this trick too, but for me, this doesn't work.
If I want to run 6.2 ik get an error message, saying I need to reinstall, wich will not work, because there is a newer version of msn on my computer.
Maybe I'm missing something?...
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by B95K on 10-05-2004 at 06:44 PM

:^) hey Patchou we need ur help plzzz

i've to use PLUS for many thing :blah:

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by AA! on 10-05-2004 at 07:13 PM

As someone who has cracked softwares from time to time I know exactly how demanding and unappreciative the people at the receiving end can be.

I am a long time Plus! use and I signed up just to convey a Big SINCERE Thanks to Patchou! You have been doing excellent work dude and though the users may occasionally get disagreeable/pesky/demanding, remember... it all adds to your karma! :)

Thanks again to the splendid Patchou! :)

[no subject] by DJHasis on 10-05-2004 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by B95K
:^) hey Patchou we need ur help plzzz

B95K: Why are you in a big hurry?
It will come when patchou gets it to work with only having a few bugs.

Patchou could you provide us with a status-report because so many people are getting restless with this?
I appreciate so much that your so near for completion and we all are so happy for that :D

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by .Roy on 10-05-2004 at 07:30 PM

Is there gonna be any new features in the next update or will it only be msn messenger 7 compatibility??

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Xero_Cool on 10-05-2004 at 07:49 PM

Cool Patchou. Good luck.

Another question is: Will all plguins with msgplus work with Msn Messenger 7.0 also once Msg-Plus works with msn messenger 7.0? I think yes since the plugins are for Msgplus and not msn messenger 7.0 (like a hack or something).

Let me know the real answer buddy.

Good luck Bro.

-Xero_cool

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-05-2004 at 09:38 PM

Good Luck with the capibility issue Pathou...Wish you best of luck!

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by BooGhost on 10-05-2004 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by B95K
then use 6.2 :refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
Is there gonna be any new features in the next update or will it only be msn messenger 7 compatibility??
he said he'll add bug fixes and some option for floating contacts

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
im always ur loyal tester (A) lol
me too (A) :P

Nothing more to say Patchou, just GOOD LUCK :banana:
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by matty on 10-06-2004 at 12:32 AM

Well I now have a reason to check my email for the Beta information.

Way to go patch. You show MS there is no stopping you! (Besides total Service Cancellation)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Taulin on 10-06-2004 at 04:33 AM

keep up the good work there patchou, dont burn yourself out too much

as for other features to come with the next version of plus! there should be some bug fixes by what ive been hearing, so theyre always good

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Saven on 10-06-2004 at 04:39 PM

can I test the  "new"  msg plus :D

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by DJHasis on 10-06-2004 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Saven
can I test the  "new"  msg plus :D

It may not even be functional yet with the new 7.0 version of messenger so wait a couple of days atleast that new plus will do something useful. ;)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Jolo on 10-06-2004 at 07:51 PM

Bad news guys :(

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24668&category=main

Following on from our security alert this week MSN have not only delayed the release of an external beta but they're planning to remove crucial new features temporarily. According to sources close to MSN, MSN Messenger 7 beta will ship without 'winks' and deluxe display pictures. Currently it's easy for hackers to exploit the code of winks to display any flash movies on a users computer for any amount of time.

MSN took the decision following the public announcements of the exploits. We're unsure whether 'winks' are going to be axed from MSN Messenger 7 or whether MSN are merely revamping them to be included in later betas.

In other news, The Messenger team will be implementing a CVR update that will force all existing MSN Messenger V7.0 users to downgrade to V6.2. This CVR is scheduled to start on 6 Oct 2004. Anyone running MSN Messenger V7.0 build 0205 will need to downgrade. If you do not downgrade, you will be unable to sign into the Messenger service. We're unsure whether this will effect other builds.

:(

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by aNILEator on 10-06-2004 at 07:54 PM

no, patchou only chooses loyal testers, who he knows and trusts. who will not leak the beta or release resources ect

The people who he trusts and sends the beta's to are usually the older users, close friends, highly respected members (Theblasphemer, cookierevised ect) who make posts to help people solving issues with msgpluis ect

:D

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by MULLET_KING on 10-06-2004 at 10:58 PM

The update just removed my 7.0 beta. Assuming this is removing all builds of 7.0 will this hinder patchou's work on a compatible plus or will patchou still be able to have one ready for the public beta launch?
I know very little on the subject so please don't flame.

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-07-2004 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MULLET_KING
The update just removed my 7.0 beta. Assuming this is removing all builds of 7.0 will this hinder patchou's work on a compatible plus or will patchou still be able to have one ready for the public beta launch?
I know very little on the subject so please don't flame.

assuming there is gonna be a Public beta that is
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-07-2004 at 12:35 AM

Bha.. don't worry, Microsoft made me an official MSN MVP recently, I'll get all the betas I want :p. And that's goodnews, I was spendingtoo much time in Messenger 7 code these days and I was forgetting about the release of version 3.21 :).

Patch

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by The One on 10-07-2004 at 01:08 AM

I think I'm a bit confused by all of that... you ARE still making Plus! compatability for MSNM 7, aren't you?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by jcgamer60 on 10-07-2004 at 01:13 AM

w00t mess.be has a patch http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=226982

on with the coding:)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Hank on 10-07-2004 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jcgamer60
w00t mess.be has a patch http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=226982

on with the coding:)

0ne has to know whats MSN  Messenger 7 gonna be like on System resources , being so much bigger in MB an More unwanted Bloat , i'd somewhat have to agree with a poster on Betanews saying msn messenger7 is only gonna suite kiddies , 
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by mina_wagih on 10-07-2004 at 10:21 AM

heyyy i wanna start msg plus in messenger 7 plz

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by CookieRevised on 10-07-2004 at 10:34 AM

Firstly, don't double post (making 2 posts in a row). Use the edit-button to edit your previous post if you wanna add something...

quote:
Originally posted by mina_wagih
heyyy i wanna start msg plus in messenger 7 plz
It is highly recommended NOT to use MSN Messenger 7 as it contains a very major security flaw. Also Plus! isn't compatible yet with MSN Messenger 7. Please read this thread....
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Saven on 10-07-2004 at 02:15 PM

cant use msn 7.0 anymore :( need to downgrade to msn 6.2 :(

may b it works if i set my system time back :p

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Deansweb2004 on 10-07-2004 at 02:52 PM

Silly Their is a Patch Maded

So, we can still use it!

:)

gonna continue? by mwe99 on 10-07-2004 at 03:52 PM

So Patchou will you still continue working on the PLUS for MSN 7? even though we're all "supposed" to downgrade to 6.2, but thats what patches are for :)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mnjul on 10-07-2004 at 03:54 PM

As Patchou said, since his possession of a MSN Messenger 7 beta is legal, I think he can still sign in and work on the compatibility between Plus! and MsnMsgr 7 :)

yay by mwe99 on 10-07-2004 at 04:06 PM

yay well thats good news to hear cos then i can get 7 back and not have to sign out whenever i walk away from the computer! yay for Patchou (Y)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-07-2004 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
So Patchou will you still continue working on the PLUS for MSN 7? even though we're all "supposed" to downgrade to 6.2, but thats what patches are for :)

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
As Patchou said, since his possession of a MSN Messenger 7 beta is legal, I think he can still sign in and work on the compatibility between Plus! and MsnMsgr 7

Yes but now it cant be used unless a illegal patch is applied to the .EXE
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by mwe99 on 10-07-2004 at 04:27 PM

ahh :(

oh well im sure something will be sorted soon :)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by BlackenedSky on 10-07-2004 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Hm from breifly looking at the changes it doesnt look too good for stuff todo with the contact list.. its all wrapped into a DirectUIHwnd

I think they've made it more XML based as well, as I've managed to inadvertantly screw up the contact list and stuff starts overlapping stupidly.
I also got one error earlier from the contact list about summat, although cant remember what it was now :S something to do with direct something or another.

Also, I think Messenger Plus is managing to interface slightly with MSN7 because I get some wierd errors when I play around with the contact list that only happen when Messenger Plus is running. Might just be co-incidence though? *-)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Patchou on 10-08-2004 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Also, I think Messenger Plus is managing to interface slightly with MSN7 because I get some wierd errors when I play around with the contact list that only happen when Messenger Plus is running. Might just be co-incidence though?
Can't be happening.. the current version of Messenger Plus! doesn't even detect Messenger 7 as being MSN Messenger :)
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by Mnjul on 10-08-2004 at 03:24 AM

Not exactly...I think Microsoft will do certain censoring in future beta versions. :)

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by roadman2 on 10-09-2004 at 06:27 PM

what is the official relaese date of msgplus for msn messenger 7.0 beta ?

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 06:30 PM

Feb. 2005 I believe...for Msn Messenger 7.0...This weekend maby for msgplus to be somewhat compatible for msn 7

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by x2zen on 10-09-2004 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Feb. 2005 I believe...

No, thats Messenger 7 release, Plus! is coming someday in this month.
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 06:37 PM

Oh my bad...Extremly sorry, Patchou has said that it should be due out this weekend with some capibility with Msn 7...:)

RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by x2zen on 10-09-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Oh my bad...Extremly sorry, Patchou has said that it should be due out this weekend with some capibility with Msn 7...:)

So soon? Thats great :D:D
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by aNILEator on 10-09-2004 at 07:06 PM

:) its this weekend now hehe :-P

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by TheDude on 10-09-2004 at 07:08 PM

Yeh I've had a couple of problems with custom names since I used 7 for a while and then went back to 6.2

RE: Plus! and Messenger 7 by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheDude
Yeh I've had a couple of problems with custom names since I used 7 for a while and then went back to 6.2

That is because the version of Messenger Plus! you have is not compatible with Messenger Plus!