Shoutbox

MSN msger not working-virus? help me! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! (/showthread.php?tid=32326)

MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 09-30-2004 at 10:03 PM

yesterday i got an anti virus disc and it found 131 viruses on my comp!!!
ok, anyway, i can't  make a new account, when my internet won't let me! i'm not very good at it, but what happens when i delete all the cookies?
and i cannot go on hotmail.com because the net won't let me, it says taht i the page cannot be found or displayed!
hmm...does it mean, messanger will never run on my comp again?
its mad i dont know what to do!

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by RaceProUK on 10-01-2004 at 08:51 AM

First, clean all those viruses off your PC.
Then, find your hosts file (in C:\Windows methinks), and edit it so that only the line '127.0.0.1    localhost' is present.
Hopefully, this will restore at least some of the Internet functionality.

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-01-2004 at 03:08 PM

ok so the disc deleted all the 128 viruses, but it says that there 3 moe which it cannot delete for any reason (i have no idea why!)
and everytime when i turn my comp on it says how many and where viruses are found. and it says taht one is found in /mesanger.exe which is probably the reason why it isnt working, but also, it says taht a virus is found in /doors (??) there is a long link before ..../doors.exe" (i think its exe)
and i dont know how to get rid of it.
butt yeah, i will try what to tell me to...now
thanx

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by user27089 on 10-01-2004 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aneta
ok so the disc deleted all the 128 viruses, but it says that there 3 moe which it cannot delete for any reason (i have no idea why!)
and everytime when i turn my comp on it says how many and where viruses are found. and it says taht one is found in /mesanger.exe which is probably the reason why it isnt working, but also, it says taht a virus is found in /doors (??) there is a long link before ..../doors.exe" (i think its exe)
and i dont know how to get rid of it.
butt yeah, i will try what to tell me to...now
thanx

I'd uninstall msn messenger, and do a search for doors.exe and find out what it is.. (Try www.google.com) then run the virus software again, and see if you can delete it :D,
RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-01-2004 at 04:58 PM

hmm....well i go on control panel, go on add or remove things and when i want to remove the messenger, it say that the file could not be removed, as it doesnt exist or its already in use (?)
and i wrote down the 3 viruses;
c:\windows\system32\SNLOGSVC.EXE
c:\Documents and setting\aneta\local setting\ temp\36.tmp.exe
c:\windows\syste32\MSNMSGR.EXE

these are the 3 viruses somehow the anti-virus (thingy) cannot delete.

how do i find them? where?
can i get rid of them at all?

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by RaceProUK on 10-01-2004 at 06:17 PM

On XP yes? If so, then create a second admin account, and delet the files using that. Then, you can remove the second account.
I had to do that to get rid of a piece of adware once.

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by MessEnGer on 10-01-2004 at 06:37 PM

Doesnt the antivirus state what kind of virus these 3 are ??

well these files don't look important for your computer , you can see your running processess and kill MSNMSGR.EXE by using

task manager and then try to uninstall it

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-01-2004 at 06:47 PM

trojan horseIRC\BackDoor.Sd Bot.37.T
---------------||----------------.Sd Bot.37.T
---------------||----------------.Sd Bot.34.BB

i have no idea what they mean.

you said that if i create a new user on my comp, and i delete the old one, could i copy my files to the new one? i need my pics, music and some work i did on microsoft for school. how do i do that?
if it's possible.

thank you sp much for helping me anyway, your work is appreciated

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by CookieRevised on 10-02-2004 at 02:32 AM

Making new accounts isn't neccesairy and you could encounter some troubles with it if you don't know what you're doing....

Instead, boot up in Safe Mode (press F8 while the bootscreen shows, just before windows actually starts up), and run the virusscanner again. If things are well, it should be able now to remove those virusses completely.

Better yet, always try to scan your pc for virusses in Safe Mode.

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by RaceProUK on 10-02-2004 at 09:41 AM

quote:
if i create a new user on my comp, and i delete the old one
Not quite what I meant. What I meant was create a new admin, and use that to remove the files. Then, delete that new admin account and revert to your old account, which should now be clean.

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-02-2004 at 01:38 PM

HURRAY!

I have no viruses left on my computer! WOO!

but when i press right click on the blue stripe on the bottom, and then Task Manager, and then i go to Process, there are sometimes even 50 prosecces, like my scanner or printer is working, but they shouldnt be, because they are not pluged in. or stuff like:
Gnk2.exe, SYSMD.EXE, IW.EXE, ezSP_Px.exe, ATIPTAXX.EXE, QTTASK.EXE, WKSSB.EXE are running, and i dont know if they are important to end, or are they jst infected files. i only know that in Process thingy, should only be no more than 10 itmes running!

and even if i removed all viruses, my internet still won't let me sign to msn or sign in to messnger. i downloaded it yesterday twice. and i had to unistal it twice, so right now, theres no messenger on my comp.
but i cannot log in to hotmail, to read my emails, and i cant even order things from the net. everytime when i go on hotmail.com, type in my pass and email, it ither says taht the pass is wrong or the page cannot be displyed. but i can sign in on other computers, school for example, where i sign in everyday, so i know that the account isnt deleted.

does gotta do something with cookies? or possibly you know?

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by .Roy on 10-02-2004 at 06:47 PM

no cookies just remember where you went and things that u asked it to save.. for example when u click save password then it goes to cookies but when u delete it the saved password is gone.. but u can do it again.. ur problem does not have to do with the cookies.. maybe you can give us some screenshots.. on the keyboard click print screen on the page where the problem occurs and then go to paint and click paste.. save it and upload it as an attachment here on the forums :-D...

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-03-2004 at 11:03 AM

yeah but if you say that password for  msn messanger or hotmail aren't working, because you delete cookies, then how come i can sign in here for example, or faceparty, or any other forums?

oh yeah, and ages ago, maybe last year, i downloaded something called "internet washer" and i've tried to get rid of it but the message keep saying: could not open INSTALL.LOG file"
what does that mean? and it doesnt work in any way
RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by CookieRevised on 10-03-2004 at 12:09 PM

quote:
yeah but if you say that password for  msn messanger or hotmail aren't working, because you delete cookies, then how come i can sign in here for example, or faceparty, or any other forums?
He didn't say that your password will not work anymore when you delete the cookies. Cookies can be used to _store_ your password. Some browsers and/or websites use this so you don't have to type your password everytime. It has nothing todo with not-working passwords.
quote:
oh yeah, and ages ago, maybe last year, i downloaded something called "internet washer" and i've tried to get rid of it but the message keep saying: could not open INSTALL.LOG file"
what does that mean? and it doesnt work in any way
It means that it can't find the install.log file which holds all the install info, so it can't uninstall. They only thing you could do now is the manually remove the program by deleting all it's directories. (not everything will be removed that way (eg: registry settings), but that is all you can do if you don't know how to manually remove something)

PS: double posting (posting more then once in a row, isn't allowed. If you want to post an update or something then "edit" your post instead by using the "edit" button below your post)
RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by .Roy on 10-03-2004 at 12:42 PM

cant u just install it again and it will overwrite cookie??

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by CookieRevised on 10-03-2004 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
cant u just install it again and it will overwrite
yes of course... (if she still has it)... I forgot about that :$ ...

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by .Roy on 10-03-2004 at 12:47 PM

well if u want to uninstall it.. as i said u can just install it again and then u will have all the files and the uninstall files.. so then u can uninstall it like you do for other programs :-D

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-03-2004 at 04:56 PM

yeah great, but if you could only find to instal it again on this page http://www.internetwasher.com/
could you tell me, because it seems like i can't find it again >:(
thanks

and, because my comp is being a bugger, when i click in the red box in the corner, it wont let me go on the site as: page cannot be displayed!

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by .Roy on 10-03-2004 at 05:20 PM

i think it costs money...  so i dont know how i can help you sorry... try looking for it at http://www.download.com or other download areas

RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me! by aneta on 10-04-2004 at 01:50 PM

bugger! its not on there! is there any way i could delete it!?