Shoutbox

ClearMSN Opinion Needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: ClearMSN Opinion Needed (/showthread.php?tid=32334)

ClearMSN Opinion Needed by BooGhost on 10-01-2004 at 03:03 AM

Well i finally updated ClearMSN...... so here is what i got:

[Image: original.png]

[Image: original-plain.png]

Notice there is NO PLUS! BUTTON in the formatting bar in the first screenshot.

Thanks to Huuf's help i realized the problem was only with SOME backgrounds, and more exatly with backgrounds that would have different colors in THAT zone. (notice the backgroun is plain in that zone in the second screeny)

Ad I'm a Plus! LOVER and i don't want to make one of it's feature stop working in my skins.

so i tried to put a REALLY LITTLE PLAIN BLOCK in that zone in that place's PNG, the problem is that it's not THAT small :-/ i've tested and plus! won't recognize if i reduce the block even a pixel :P

here is what i got... with Plus! you'd see:

[Image: with-plus-button.png]

without Plus! you'd see

[Image: no-plus-button.png]

so, i hate this situation.... as i can't decide what to do. i want you to give me your opinion (and if Patchou, you read this, is there any way to change this in future releases :P)

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by RebelSean on 10-01-2004 at 03:08 AM

I for one would use it if you had plus in it..And if you can't find a way, then I guese I will live with it...Awesome job done!

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by Joe on 10-01-2004 at 03:13 AM

that little area wouldn't effect my opinion... Ready To Download :D

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by JaymachRalTir on 10-01-2004 at 03:25 AM

Out of curiosity....can you still click the Messenger Plus! button even though you can't see it? Or is the problem that the button just isn't there when u don't have the block?

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by Pr0xY on 10-01-2004 at 04:01 AM

Boo Ghost, I guess it doesn't matter, but you should try to work something out with Patchou, it would be cool if that block wasn't there and you could still have the plus icon there. 

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by BooGhost on 10-01-2004 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
it would be cool if that block wasn't there and you could still have the plus icon there.   
yep that's true, i guess i'll be releasing it without the block since 3 out of 5 person prefer it without the block (and we are in a Plus! community forums :P so ppl actually care a lot about Plsu!)
RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by Millenium_edition on 10-01-2004 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JaymachRalTir
Out of curiosity....can you still click the Messenger Plus! button even though you can't see it? Or is the problem that the button just isn't there when u don't have the block?
I'd like to know this too, because in that case you could just make your own plus icon in there...
RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by BooGhost on 10-01-2004 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I'd like to know this too, because in that case you could just make your own plus icon in there...
lol  that;s a great idea, although i really doubt it works... since depending on the place of the block i can "change" the place of the plus! button... i'll test and report it later :P
RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by Plik on 10-01-2004 at 10:00 PM

You cant :(, i just clicked all over where it should be. That is using the older ClearMsn

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by John on 10-02-2004 at 08:19 AM

wow, that looks awesome :) too bad about the problem with the msn plus! icon. i cant wait to download it 8-|

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by BooGhost on 10-04-2004 at 03:52 AM

now that MSN 7 is coming i hope Patchou changes the way the button hooks :P

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by Patchou on 12-13-2004 at 07:47 AM

Here is the technical explanation that should help you solve the problem nicely (without a horible white box :p). To avoid drawing on top of other buttons, Messenger Plus! checks if the area is the following manner: for each line or pixel when the icon will be placed, every pixel must have the EXACT same RGB value. Each line can be a differentcolor but on any given line, every pixel must look a like.

In your theme, there's probably a little difference between somepixels, I'm sure you can change that quickly and photoshop, nobodywill see anydifference and the icon will be displayed :).

PS: sorry for the very late answer, I just saw this thread.

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by MessEnGer on 12-13-2004 at 08:20 AM

Hey booghost good work it looks amazing

and as patchou has replied i hope your problem is solved can't wait to download it
great job :)

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by -dt- on 12-13-2004 at 01:38 PM

yea i love this theme are you remaking it for msn 7?

RE: ClearMSN Opinion Needed by matty on 12-13-2004 at 06:26 PM

Ok guys lets stop posting in this thread. It is from over 2 months ago and was for MSN Messenger 6.2 not MSN Messenger 7. Booghost just wanted our opinion at the time on what they would prefer to see in the skin. Unfortunatly it all depends on the background image and the specific colours that are displayed behind the icon,