Shoutbox

StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 (/showthread.php?tid=32442)

StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-03-2004 at 11:18 AM

TheBlasphemer:

Well you knew this topic was coming :P It seems that Messenger 7 has changed a little bit. And now DPs can be animated as well and this clearly proves a problem for oversized DPs and i suppose other SP-NG features. Patchou has already talked about ad banner problems so i suppose the "hooking" into MSN Messenger has changed a bit too. Last time i heard from you you were recoding and doing unicode. I suspect that youll have to recode AGAIN since 7 is coming up (?or release 2 versions?) and Plus! currently isnt compatible so youll have to wait for that too. So if you could give us a status report thanks.

Good Luck with everything.

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by GiantSpider on 10-03-2004 at 11:33 AM

Well untill Plus! becomes compatible with Msn Messenger 7 we don't have to worry about this.

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-03-2004 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
we don't have to worry about this.

We know its gonna be imcompatible so i just wanna know what TB is gonna do...
RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by reisyboy on 10-03-2004 at 01:53 PM

well we dont know it will be till Plus! works but odds are alot will need to change

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by fluffy_lobster on 10-03-2004 at 03:37 PM

The msn6 method of doing dp's and ce's isn't being removed as far as i know (for backwards compatibility's sake) so I wouldn't be surprised if SPNG would be able to do much the same as before, if not with a little extra coding.  But yes, of course, there's not much point in speculating until MSN7 is finalised and Plus supports it.

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by marissa on 10-03-2004 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
And now DPs can be animated as well and this clearly proves a problem for oversized DPs and i suppose other SP-NG features.

but...

(taken from MSN messenger 7.0.025 BETA)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Must Read Note about the "Animated Display Pictures"

This is to all who are waiting and freaking on the "integration" of the "Animated Display Pictures"...

The "Animated Display Pictures" will NOT be the thing you expect!!!! Heck, it isn't "Animated Display Pictures" but Deluxe Display Pictures!!!!

Everybody is expecting that you can use an animated GIF instead of a regular GIF or PNG. This will NOT be the case!

So don't go like "MSN lied, they said they were gonna include this and they didn't"...

Also see here: CookieRevised's reply to suggestion for new plus version!

so i dont think it'll be changed, unless deluxe display pictures are some whol other different thing :dodgy:

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by aNILEator on 10-03-2004 at 05:33 PM

nice one TB, take a break and wait till final msn 7 :)

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by Lee on 10-03-2004 at 05:49 PM

btw, when is msn7 out?

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by Vilkku on 10-03-2004 at 05:52 PM

I would say a month or three from now, but of course I am not sure. I t depends on what needs to be changed etc. on the current MSN7 build. And translating...

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by Plik on 10-03-2004 at 05:58 PM

Last official date i heard was Feb 2005.

Side note: That shouldnt have been posted in this thread, as it isnt related to the topic. It should have been posted in MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by Martijn. on 10-03-2004 at 07:11 PM

Well, I don't know if someone already posted this before, but I currently don't have time to check...

Try talking to someone who has a big DP when you're on MSN Messenger 7.0, you'll see that the DP is "properly" sized again when viewing it with 7.0...

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-03-2004 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Last time you heard I was re-coding SPNG,
now let's list some differences between spng 0.x and spng 1.x:
0.x: I had a holiday
1.x: I have school
ok, that's the differences, now I hope you won't get pissed at me when I say I didn't even reach the actual plugin code yet
So 0.7.x will be the msn6 version of spng, and the new one will be msn7

Oh well like always take your time TB. The longer the better. I personally wouldnt release another version till msn7 comes out because the current one works great. Just maybe make it (semi)compatible with 7 and thats it. Good luck.

quote:
Well, I don't know if someone already posted this before, but I currently don't have time to check...

Try talking to someone who has a big DP when you're on MSN Messenger 7.0, you'll see that the DP is "properly" sized again when viewing it with 7.0... 

Yep its been already said but its good you posted in there. TB might have overlooked it and now he'll clearly see it.

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-05-2004 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Well, at least one thing I can say, oversized dps will no longer work without having spng on the other side...
msn7 resizes em proportionally...

No problem EVERYONE should have Stuffplug-NG! :P

Any other problems you can update us on?

RE: RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by bungleMX on 10-05-2004 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Well, at least one thing I can say, oversized dps will no longer work without having spng on the other side...

well, that will be the end of very good times, when every body get surprised, with us BigDP.

I know good times will come with StuffPlug-NG  anyway..
RE: RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by Fredzz on 10-06-2004 at 05:15 PM

quote:

:(:'(
RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by tucan on 10-07-2004 at 04:35 AM

I need the validation code for StaffPlug -NG. Please contact to me at ic3usa@hotmail.com

Thanks, I aprreciate

RE: StuffPlug-NG and Messenger 7 by riahc4 on 10-07-2004 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tucan
I need the validation code for StaffPlug -NG. Please contact to me at ic3usa@hotmail.com

Thanks, I aprreciate

Your

Dumb

sorry but nuff said

TB - With MS blocking 7 now are u gonna continue dev for 7 or go back to 6.2? (yes i know theres a patch out)