Shoutbox

Mac msgplus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Mac msgplus? (/showthread.php?tid=32456)

Mac msgplus? by dragon2611 on 10-03-2004 at 03:58 PM

is there ever going to be a version of msgplus for MAC that would be cool.

its probably been asked before but the search wouldnt let me search for msgplus MAC cus mac being under 4 letters :|

RE: Mac msgplus? by Anubis on 10-03-2004 at 03:59 PM

Nothing planned at all...sorry to be the bringer of bad news

RE: Mac msgplus? by Eljay on 10-03-2004 at 04:00 PM

the problem is that Patchou doesnt have a mac to code on

RE: Mac msgplus? by dragon2611 on 10-03-2004 at 04:16 PM

there is always pearpc lol slow though!

not that botherd i have plus installed on my pc anyway ;) but i thought it would cool to have it on the imac (g3 333mhz)

RE: Mac msgplus? by Frosty on 10-03-2004 at 10:01 PM

Not to sound rude or anything but about 10% of the world population have macs and like 80% have windows. A reason microsoft dont make MSN Messenger for Mac is because Microsoft and apple are rival companies. Anyway. I would suggest throwing your mac out the window,  going down to your local PC store and purchasing a sexy windows :) lol.

RE: Mac msgplus? by Jeronimo on 10-03-2004 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
Not to sound rude or anything but about 10% of the world population have macs and like 80% have windows. A reason microsoft dont make MSN Messenger for Mac is because Microsoft and apple are rival companies. Anyway. I would suggest throwing your mac out the window,  going down to your local PC store and purchasing a sexy windows :) lol.
Its actually about 1.7% that have Macs ;)

Also Microsoft make lots of things for Macs, including Office and MSN Messenger. Patchou hasn't made a Mac version for several reasons. For one, it takes all of his time making just the PC version! Also as said before, he doesn't have a Mac, and also because Macs don't have the required APIs so its not possible. :-/

This question has been asked in the FAQs on the Plus website (y)
RE: Mac msgplus? by LaRonde20 on 10-03-2004 at 10:21 PM

Accually, thats not true!

Here are the real stats of who uses what:

Mac: 8.23%
Windows: 43.84%
Linux: 45.03%
Other: 2.7%
Do not own: 0.2%

The Demand for Apple has gone down the past 15 years! I am an Apple User myself, and I fine that Apple is way better than all, because of there BEAUTIFUL designs and Easy-to-use way!

Based on 24,543,323,061 ! Poll and Vote Results from Microsoft Computer, Inc.
RE: Mac msgplus? by Fraisie on 10-04-2004 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LaRonde20

The Demand for Apple has gone down the past 15 years! I am an Apple User myself, and I fine that Apple is way better than all, because of there BEAUTIFUL designs and Easy-to-use way!

Let me doubt.... I dont think 45% of computers run on Linux
RE: Mac msgplus? by BooGhost on 10-04-2004 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LaRonde20
BEAUTIFUL designs and Easy-to-use way!
GET A ALIENWARE :refuck:

anyway, yeah no plans for Mac Plus! (nice name :P)
RE: Mac msgplus? by leito on 10-04-2004 at 06:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
Let me doubt.... I dont think 45% of computers run on Linux

I second that.. Linux is growing and fast, but not that fast. We have Plus! because we have (M) MSN Messenger for Windows :P let's just be happy with that..
RE: Mac msgplus? by Patchou on 10-04-2004 at 06:13 AM

hahaha... 45% of the computers on the planet have Linux installed? where the hell did you get this information? :p. This sounds more like server stats than desktop computer ones :). Anyway, it's true that there is not much potential on Mac,sorry about this, it's just not worth the time...

RE: Mac msgplus? by riahc4 on 10-04-2004 at 03:16 PM

quote:

haha WOW i had a good laugh with that....45% haha very funny youve made my day....

BTW thread starter you might have wanted to read Patchou's FAQ the answer is in there...

Patchou - Youve commented on Mac before but never on Linux. Would you ever consider it.... I can see one other reason (besides the obvious ones like no time, no REAL MSN Messenger for Linux, the OS isnt exactly (insert something missing here) ect)
and that reason is that if you would make Messenger Plus! for Linux that means that software would have to be open source since its on a open source OS (Linux people correct me if im wrong) If thats the case youd have to give out your source code which noone wants of the community to be given out for the future of this addon

RE: Mac msgplus? by Fraisie on 10-04-2004 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
haha WOW i had a good laugh with that....45% haha very funny youve made my day....

BTW thread starter you might have wanted to read Patchou's FAQ the answer is in there...

Patchou - Youve commented on Mac before but never on Linux. Would you ever consider it.... I can see one other reason (besides the obvious ones like no time, no REAL MSN Messenger for Linux, the OS isnt exactly (insert something missing here) ect)
and that reason is that if you would make Messenger Plus! for Linux that means that software would have to be open source since its on a open source OS (Linux people correct me if im wrong) If thats the case youd have to give out your source code which noone wants of the community to be given out for the future of this addon

* Fraisie cant wait to see Patchou's reply about Linux :D