Shoutbox

why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? (/showthread.php?tid=32477)

why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .Roy on 10-03-2004 at 09:40 PM

ok ok theres been a messenger for basically all the famouse search engines and all that stuff.. u know like aol msn yahoo google...

all of those are the FAMOUS search sites and blah blah blah... anyways google yet didnt have a messenger... im just wondering.. do u think it will?? I just know they are designing something.. they just come up with surprises like gmail with the 1000 mb of memory..  i just wonder if and when there will be a new google messenger how will it look and how will it be.. :-D... I can imagine it now... having acces to gmail from your messenger :-o.

err... ive read somewhere that google hired bunch  of famous web designers to make a new browser... i forgot where i heard it though..

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by Xero_Cool on 10-03-2004 at 09:51 PM

Not yet. Right now, There focusing on Gbrowser/Google OS. (I think either one of them or both).

Gmessenger can come later ;). We'll have to see how Gmail goes.

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .Roy on 10-03-2004 at 10:12 PM

whats google OS?? whats os?

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by MessEnGer on 10-03-2004 at 10:16 PM

OS = Operating System

example Windows xp :)

isnt it possible that they will come out with the messenger within the OS?

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by HemaOne on 10-03-2004 at 11:38 PM

hmm maybe dude,but remember what happened to microsoft and their bundled messenger,they were sued because they "werent giving users a choice" in what im client they wanted to use and it was deemed an unfair advantage

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by marissa on 10-04-2004 at 02:41 AM

yeah, while googles making there own, altavista will be in there BETA testing  stage of their IM program :rolleyes:

if unknown: altavista is a "famous" search engine too. (search google for search engines ;))

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .blade// on 10-04-2004 at 03:15 AM

I know what google OS will be :D
Instead of getting the little log-in buttons like in windows, you'll get 2 search bars. You enter your username and password, and if you get it wrong it will say: "did you mean user: blade pass: ******************* ?"

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by ipab on 10-04-2004 at 03:43 AM

lamo
:lol::lol:
it kinda makes no sense that google is making its own OS as google's main goal is to sort the whole web, so where does that fit into google's prime directive :refuck:

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by Pipish on 10-04-2004 at 08:52 AM

dont worry danger i think there will be a google everything someday and i am defenantly dreaeding that day :(

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by MC Inferno on 10-04-2004 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
lamo
:lol::lol:
it kinda makes no sense that google is making its own OS as google's main goal is to sort the whole web, so where does that fit into google's prime directive :refuck:

prime directive is actually to make $$$ (or £££ over here) ;)
RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .Roy on 10-04-2004 at 05:53 PM

face it.. one day google WILL rule the world...

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by crank on 10-04-2004 at 06:31 PM

:lol: well an OS doesn't fit in the idea behind google. a browser would really fit in it (Instead of an adress bar a search bar:p)

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by marissa on 10-04-2004 at 06:51 PM

its just, thats google has proably focused on the internet, lik Cr@nk said,  so why would they make an os or an instant message program? Its out of their "concept" < tried to find a word. So google will definatly not take over the world :lol:

Edit: Blade just changed the emoticons.

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by Vantage on 10-04-2004 at 07:50 PM

Oh Great :D, A new OS With Custom adware and search bars all over the place :), thats just what the web needs (y)...:dodgy:

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by saralk on 10-04-2004 at 08:17 PM

Google Messenger would probably fit in to their internet strategy, think about it - Gmail, Picasa, Blogger, Adwords/Adsense are all services by them that have a searching twist, however arent really google searching.

Also with the purchase of Picasa, they also got Hello http://hello.com/how_it_works.php which is basically an Image sharing program with an added IM service, however turn it around to make it an IM service with an added image sharing capabilities, and you've got yourself an IM service.

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .blade// on 10-04-2004 at 08:22 PM

I think that there WILL be a Google messenger. Why? Because basically every major email service has one....hotmail = MSN, Yahoo = Yahoo Messenger, AOL Mail = AIM...etc...

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by Xero_Cool on 10-04-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
face it.. one day google WILL rule the world...

Ditto ;).
RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by user27089 on 10-04-2004 at 09:30 PM

Maybe google is secretly an evil company trying to take over the computers from all over the world...

or maybe they're just trying to help/give/take money

RE: why do i think theres going to be a google messenger? by .Roy on 10-05-2004 at 07:32 AM

and they are prolly going to take over the world :-D