Shoutbox

MSn MEssenger 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSn MEssenger 7 (/showthread.php?tid=32485)

MSn MEssenger 7 by Snoop on 10-04-2004 at 01:41 AM

It wont let me sign in with  the version 7

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by matty on 10-04-2004 at 01:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Snoop
Well its the beta version, that could explain it. Please just use MSN Messenger 6.2 until the full release of MSN Messenger 7. This will save you a lot of troubles.

Have you ever been able to sign in with it? If not reinstall MSN Messenger 6.2 and try disabling a Proxy if you have it. Then reinstall the Beta. But in all honesty I wouldn't suggest it because it is beta.

What error do you get?

----------------
Post reported to be moved to MSN Messenger
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by CookieRevised on 10-04-2004 at 01:47 AM

Please remember that it is still in Beta stage, and that the final release is still months away. The use of any beta software is on your own risk, and you shouldn't be surprised if programs like this will not function at all, or not function properly.

MSN Messenger 7 is not officially supported since it is still Beta.

For more info regarding MSN Messenger 7:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32404

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Snoop on 10-04-2004 at 02:02 AM

I wanted to use it though :(

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by matty on 10-04-2004 at 02:05 AM

quote:
I wanted to use it though :(
Its beta software, its going to have bugs, no software works perfectly in its beta stage, not even Plus!. I strongly suggest using MSN Messenger 6.2 but do as you wish. Just we wont be able to help as much since their is no documentation on it, unless all error messages are the same as 6.2.

Which error do you get when you try to connect?
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by xblutz on 10-04-2004 at 07:50 AM

Activities and game button doesn't work here in belgium ..... anyone 've an idea to make this working?

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 10-04-2004 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xblutz
Activities and game button doesn't work here in belgium ..... anyone 've an idea to make this working?

The games dont work with messenger 7.0 beta right now. Maybe try the games directly from http://www.mess.be  that might work.
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Hank on 10-05-2004 at 02:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Please remember that it is still in Beta stage, and that the final release is still months away

or years away LOL

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Steve9112 on 10-05-2004 at 06:10 PM

im using msn beta is that ok? i dont want to have BUGS on my PC or get hacked etc?

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by toddy on 10-05-2004 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve9112
im using msn beta is that ok? i dont want to have BUGS on my PC or get hacked etc?

i would suggest that u don't use messenger 7 while in beta stages, because there have been a few Security risks found it it already. one which is rather serious
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Jimcando on 10-05-2004 at 06:54 PM

wot is da deal with contact cards? can u change them (or at least ur own) or r they planning on makin it changable in the final release?

RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Sherro on 10-06-2004 at 01:23 AM

One of the problems with my msn 7 is that the games button dosnt work it just says contacting server :( i tryed useing the mess.be games patch to see if i could and it still just says contacting server

RE: RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Hank on 10-06-2004 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sherro
One of the problems with my msn 7 is that the games button dosnt work it just says contacting server :( i tryed useing the mess.be games patch to see if i could and it still just says contacting server

Dont Whinge when its Just in BETA Stages as things will NOT WORK  , Remember its Just a BETA not FINAL so expect things to be BROKEN in a BETA
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by find_your_spot on 10-06-2004 at 06:22 AM

quote:

do you use windows xp sp2 or/and a firewall ?
RE: MSn MEssenger 7 by Sherro on 10-06-2004 at 06:23 AM

i wasnt winging, i dont even care i dont use the games i was just saying it