Shoutbox

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro & Windows Messenger 5.0 problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro & Windows Messenger 5.0 problems (/showthread.php?tid=32523)

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro & Windows Messenger 5.0 problems by snorreh on 10-05-2004 at 02:53 AM

Every time I start Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro the windows installer pops up and tries to install Windows Messenger 5.0 but fails and I get the following error message:

Windows Messenger 5.0
An error occured during the installation of assembly component
{874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}.
HRESULT: -2147024864

If I click on OK it goes into an endless loop where it tries to install it again and again...

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest versions of both Adobe Acrobat 6 and Windows Messenger 5, but it dosen't help and the problem is still there :(

Please help!!

RE: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro & Windows Messenger 5.0 problems by kingshaka on 10-05-2004 at 12:22 PM

THe problem is that when you earlier tried to install windows messenger, you must have canceled it in a weird way. And when you start adobe, it must open the windows installer...It's like a queue. You can't install something new if theres something waiting to be installed. Acrobat must be trying to install some new components. Anyway, i had the same windows messenger problem. I think you should try Add/remove programs and delete windows messenger from there n reboot OR just redownload windows messenger from the net and re install like that. >Then uninstall.
hope that works