Shoutbox

CANT USE MSN 7. HELP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP (/showthread.php?tid=32611)

CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by M73A on 10-07-2004 at 06:29 AM

i have msn 7 beta installed with polygamy and sumthing to get rid of the beta fing and sum uva visual stufff.....

when i try to log in a box comes up 'a new version of msn is available, would u like to download'
-yes
-no
or something along those lines come up....whats going on?? cant i use msn 7 beta???...

if i click no it goes back to the sign in screen, if i click yes it trys to install msn 6.2...
plz help, thanks

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by .Roy on 10-07-2004 at 06:46 AM

u didnt here about it??.. someone posted in neowin that msn messenger 7 beta will be closing down due to hackers being able to play flash using winks and stuff like that.. so they are forcing everyone to download 6.2....

there is more information but i forgot what topic i heard this from!! oh ya go to the topic msnger 7 and msg plus

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by Chrono on 10-07-2004 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i have msn 7 beta installed with polygamy and sumthing to get rid of the beta fing and sum uva visual stufff.....

when i try to log in a box comes up 'a new version of msn is available, would u like to download'
-yes
-no
or something along those lines come up....whats going on?? cant i use msn 7 beta???...

if i click no it goes back to the sign in screen, if i click yes it trys to install msn 6.2...
plz help, thanks

well, Microsoft decided to do this cause the beta version isnt secure. there are some MAYOR security risks with it

Though, if u really want to keep it, use this patch :):
Mnjul edit: Chrono: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=317783#pid317783
RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by M73A on 10-07-2004 at 06:50 AM

thanks alot.....dint hear nefin bout msn 7 shutting *-)

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by user27089 on 10-07-2004 at 07:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
thanks alot.....dint hear nefin bout msn 7 shutting *-)

There is a thread about it here: Important Announcement Please Downgrade Msn Messenger 7 to 6.2

Why is this thread in bug reports, surely it has nothing to do with Msgplus, hasn't anyone noticed this yet?
RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by Shlap on 10-07-2004 at 09:19 AM

Oh man! Just when i was getting used to the 'sign in as' thing they find majour security risks! When are they going to re-release it does anyone know? Anywaz it was a TINY bit unstable and buggy so it's probably betta this way.

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by stuartbennett on 10-07-2004 at 10:52 AM

i really like messenger 7.0 its really cool looking i hope they do fix the problems and rerelease it it would be a shame if there was no further versions of messenger just cause this one didnt work out as planed. its getting rediculous i mean microsoft launches a new version of the msn premium browser every year but cant release an updated version of internet explorer when they finally release a new piece of software msn 7.0 its so buggy they have to discontinue its beta and ie7 aint due to release until longhorn in 2006 why the hell do microsoft keep us waiting for good software.

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by CookieRevised on 10-07-2004 at 11:19 AM

they didn't discontinued anything! They are still working on MSN Messenger 7. They did this because they know of the security leak and they know that everybody was using the beta while people really shouldn't use it! They did this for you're own protection!!!!!

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by stuartbennett on 10-07-2004 at 11:42 AM

oh ok cool i dont mind then stopping the beta as long as they release a new version at some point.

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by Jimcando on 10-07-2004 at 12:33 PM

ive heard that they r downgrading everyone who uses MSN messenger 7 because we're not supposed to have it: its not a public beta.

cant wait til the final version is released, but thats not for ages... altough it wud make a gd b-day present for me ;)

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by stuartbennett on 10-07-2004 at 01:15 PM

yeah cool. well if we have to wait we gotta wait id rather have to wait for a reliable secure version that works than have instant access to a totally unsecure version that might bugger up my computer.

RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP by Stijn on 10-07-2004 at 04:08 PM

If you have msn explorer and don't want to download anyhting you can just open msn messenger 7 then sign in on msn explorer with the same screen name and msn explorer signs you in msn messeneger 7 @ the same time;););););):D:D:D:D