Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Group-Wide Notification Options - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Group-Wide Notification Options (/showthread.php?tid=32625)

[Suggestion] Group-Wide Notification Options by madhattr999 on 10-07-2004 at 03:11 PM

I want to be able to right-click on a group and change the notification options of all the users in that group.. instead of having to choose each person's notification separately..

For instance.. I might want to only see alerts and sounds for my "important people" group or something like that.. thx :)

Oh also.. It would be nice if Plus had it's own "play sound and alert when contacts send you a message"... MSN has its own option but it is bundled with playing the sound/alert when they come online"

When I use Plus Alerts instead... It no longer does anything when a contact sends you a message.

Thanks
Good luck with MSN 7 compatibility.

RE: [Suggestion] Group-Wide Notification Options by Choli on 10-07-2004 at 08:48 PM

I like both suggestions (Y)

RE: [Suggestion] Group-Wide Notification Options by marissa on 10-07-2004 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madhattr999
For instance.. I might want to only see alerts and sounds for my "important people" group or something like that.. thx

if you have a group for your "important people" you can set a sound to play when they sign in, but no special notifications, like just signing in/signing out. Not the name changes though. When you right click the name of someone, go to "sound events" and there should be groups at the top of the selection list, go to the important people group and choose a sound fild. Atleast it'll tell you when they important people sign in/sign out... :p

[Image: group.jpg]

(yes, i am kind of rude.)

Sorry if its not exactly what you were intending to ask. :(