Shoutbox

tag limit... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: tag limit... (/showthread.php?tid=32629)

tag limit... by Millenium_edition on 10-07-2004 at 05:16 PM

You know this would be happening after the reply traxor posted...

60 million [quote]s... the server died directly... :cheesy:

RE: tag limit... by user27089 on 10-07-2004 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
You know this would be happening after the reply traxor posted...

60 million [quote]s... the server died directly... :cheesy:

I was merely doing this to test to see whether the server could manage x amount of tags. apparently, it doesn't, and the thread, is now closed temporarily.

RE: tag limit... by surfichris on 10-08-2004 at 12:10 AM

You're stupid I will give you that. Try anything like that again, test or not and we'll see your server wide banned.

NO server could handle 60 million preg_replace's like that, in a short time anyways..

RE: tag limit... by Johnny_Mac on 10-08-2004 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
NO server could handle 60 million preg_replace's like that, in a short time anyways..
Then limit it? :^)
RE: tag limit... by user27089 on 10-08-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:

Thats exactly what was said, and it wasn't 6,000,000 that was just a guesstimate, it couldn't have been over, say, 60,000 :$ sorry :'(
RE: tag limit... by surfichris on 10-08-2004 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:

There is no SAFE way to limit it (well you could use preg_replace's limit option). It would also mean having to count how many tags there are in the post before that and that (so we can subtract the amount of tags in the post with those limited in a certain tag to have the remainder left) could also possibly kill it.

It's been looked in to before..

Also, even if i do implement some dodgy counting code for quotes, then I would have to do it with [ b] and every other bbcode tag..
RE: tag limit... by Millenium_edition on 10-08-2004 at 10:40 PM

how about scanning the post for a number of tags and when the limit is reached return an error to the poster, before it's submitted to the database?