Shoutbox

Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility (/showthread.php?tid=32656)

Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Patchou on 10-08-2004 at 04:52 AM

Hehehe.... :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318401]

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by expert on 10-08-2004 at 04:54 AM

sweet!

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Chrono on 10-08-2004 at 04:57 AM

w00t! Well dne Patchou! :banana:

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by bennett™ on 10-08-2004 at 05:01 AM

Kool i cant wait till it is out :)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by jmccarroll on 10-08-2004 at 05:19 AM

That's a great thing to see!!  Thanks for keepin us updated on your progress Patchou.  They keep trying to kill Plus! but we'll never lose faith in you LOL...

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by x2zen on 10-08-2004 at 05:31 AM

Wee :D:D Cant wait.....

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Weyzza on 10-08-2004 at 05:37 AM

I don't see any Plus! thingie in the screenshot.

When will it be released? Is it in the next release or you'll wait until the official release of MSN Messenger 7.0?

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-08-2004 at 05:59 AM

:O, Patchou this was my bargining chip! Now you ruined it for me, da well, that is what i ment in the shoutbox that your going to love Microsoft :)

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

When will it be released? Is it in the next release or you'll wait until the official release of MSN Messenger 7.0?
He just isn't sure where to place the icon. Also his mouse cursor isn't on the contact so :P
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Chrono on 10-08-2004 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

arent the colored nicknames enough?
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by marissa on 10-08-2004 at 06:03 AM

how microsoft, how i love thee. :p just out of curiousity..will there be a way to disable the colour shown in the contact list?

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-08-2004 at 06:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
how microsoft, how i love thee. :p just out of curiousity..will there be a way to disable the colour shown in the contact list?
Thats what I said to Patchou, now I told him if the colours are unchecked to format the Contact name and remove the codes.

We will see if that happens :)
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by find_your_spot on 10-08-2004 at 06:34 AM

wauw it's perfect. That makes msn messenger 7 complete ;)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by timmie_loots on 10-08-2004 at 02:50 PM

Oh, now that is looking good!
Good job, and good luck!

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Scito on 10-08-2004 at 03:10 PM

Looks good Patchou! Like the others said before, this would make MSN Messenger 7 complete ;)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by aNILEator on 10-08-2004 at 03:11 PM

Great, hopefully they will get rid of those stupid winks and bring out msn 7 sooner

I hate winks :mipdodgy:

*EDIT* just seen Mess.be and it says they are keeping them :notfunny:

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by user27089 on 10-08-2004 at 03:31 PM

Surely patchou, doing that is illegal, :S lol

well done anyway :)

I like the coloured names, anyway marissa, if contact names are custom then.. it won't really matter ;)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-08-2004 at 03:34 PM

How is it illegal? Please backup your comments with proof. It is not illegal, all he is doing is hooking the contact list forcing his code to show the colours. Hes not modifing the Messenger exe in anyway.

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by tony on 10-08-2004 at 03:35 PM

cool, nice work patchou! keep it coming!

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by user27089 on 10-08-2004 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
How is it illegal? Please backup your comments with proof. It is not illegal, all he is doing is hooking the contact list forcing his code to show the colours. Hes not modifing the Messenger exe in anyway.

Is MSN Messenger 7.0 even out? Is he testing it? If not then he shouldn't have it :S no-one should, i'm not having a go, i'm just saying it.
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-08-2004 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

Is MSN Messenger 7.0 even out? Is he testing it? If not then he shouldn't have it :S no-one should, i'm not having a go, i'm just saying it.
He is a Microsoft MVP which means he gets all the beta's he wants, including MSN Messenger 7

Microsoft MVP = Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by zortoflaven on 10-08-2004 at 03:40 PM

Yes! You rock Patchou. I haven't put 7.0 on yet as I dont want to loose my precious Plus! ;)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by aNILEator on 10-08-2004 at 04:51 PM

wow, i never knew that. Patchou's great :P

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Millenium_edition on 10-08-2004 at 04:51 PM

nice photoshop image :P

lol j/k, well done patch

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by user27089 on 10-08-2004 at 04:53 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

He is a Microsoft MVP which means he gets all the beta's he wants, including MSN Messenger 7

* user27089 adds another item to List of great things about Patchou

</asslicking> lol

thats quite cool actually...

Is it legal for patchou to release the new plus! even if msn 7.0 is out???? I don't doubt that patchou knows the legalities of all of this, but i'm just wondering, theres nothing wrong with being Inquisitive.

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-08-2004 at 05:07 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

* traxor adds another item to List of great things about Patchou

</asslicking> lol

thats quite cool actually...

Is it legal for patchou to release the new plus! even if msn 7.0 is out???? I don't doubt that patchou knows the legalities of all of this, but i'm just wondering, theres nothing wrong with being Inquisitive.
Releasing a version of Messenger Plus! that is Comptible with future versions is not illegal. Its distributing the beta of MSN Messenger which would be.
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by alexp2_ad on 10-08-2004 at 05:08 PM

So... well done... the only question is... WHEN???

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Patchou on 10-08-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
nice photoshop image
Absolutely not.. what would be the point? :).

Anyway, it's cool to see that you apparently like this change.. some more will be waiting for you in the "Messenger 7 version".
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Choli on 10-08-2004 at 11:35 PM

:clap: that is my Patchi!!! well done; continue your unvaluable work ;)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Arkhan on 10-09-2004 at 12:28 AM

Yay!

Unfortunately MSN 7 isn't working for me... *sigh*. KUTGW!

~Arkhan

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Phrive on 10-09-2004 at 12:49 AM

Looks nice Patchou, continue the good work, I love the idea of seeing the colours very nice :)

Arkhan: Look on mess for the patch to make it work :)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Bradl3y on 10-09-2004 at 02:19 AM

must... hack... Patchou... steal... latest build...

haha looks great, i jsut want a MSN 7 compatable version first before we get all fancy with the colors those should be jsut bonuses :D must have this beautiful MSN 7 with the beautiful Msg Plus 3

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by jameseuk on 10-09-2004 at 02:58 AM

Hope to see a new version of your great program soon Patchou along with MSN Messenger 7,Keep up the good work!

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by s7a5 on 10-09-2004 at 03:00 AM

freakish' great travail:)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by saralk on 10-09-2004 at 10:48 AM

incredible, any timescale on the releases patchou?

and what version number is it gona be?

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Matti on 10-09-2004 at 10:51 AM

Looks great! :D Do you have more screens, patch?
Coz I (and many others) like it!

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by reisyboy on 10-09-2004 at 11:37 AM

WOW cool :P im playing with ma beta, cant wait for a beta that works with MSN 7, very cool patchou though :)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Mike on 10-09-2004 at 12:27 PM

Very cool!

By the way are there gonna be new beta testers?

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Mnjul on 10-09-2004 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Very cool!

By the way are there gonna be new beta testers?

I don't think so; it's not a new major version :)
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Smethead on 10-09-2004 at 08:22 PM

Colored nicknames in list, will they work with msn messenger 6.x and will the also work with custom nicknames?

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by benjyrama on 10-10-2004 at 03:55 PM

quote:
I don't think so; it's not a new major version

patchou's just added some serious new features here, i could quite be a major version rite???
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Mnjul on 10-10-2004 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Smethead
Colored nicknames in list, will they work with msn messenger 6.x and will the also work with custom nicknames?
quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
patchou's just added some serious new features here, i could quite be a major version rite???
It's not that serious...I think Patchou only "takes advantages of" new contact list in MSN Messenger 7; that means the colored name wouldn't be possible still in MSN Messenger 6.x I believe :)
(personal opinion, could be wrong)
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by BooGhost on 10-10-2004 at 08:09 PM

WOW that's just great Patchou

congratz :bow:

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Patchou on 10-10-2004 at 08:34 PM

quote:
the colored name wouldn't be possible still in MSN Messenger 6.x I believe
You are entirely right.. it's the same thing that happened in Messenger 6 lastyear that allowed me to crate the Custom Names feature... each new version of Messenger brings its share of new possibilities.
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-10-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You are entirely right.. it's the same thing that happened in Messenger 6 lastyear that allowed me to crate the Custom Names feature... each new version of Messenger brings its share of new possibilities.
Do you think they do this purposly? I hate to say it, but when they change things in MSN Messenger to prevent Plus! from working, there seems to always be something else you can add.
RE: RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Do you think they do this purposly? I hate to say it, but when they change things in MSN Messenger to prevent Plus! from working, there seems to always be something else you can add.

do you really think they change stuff jsut to keep plus from working? im thinking the changes just indirectly cause that to happen, in the case of 7.0, a new and improved contact list
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by aNILEator on 10-10-2004 at 09:02 PM

HANG ON!

Patchou is an MVP this means that he can legally reguest any beta of MSN Messenger and he is currently working on a build of Plus! for MSN 7, he has sent beta's of msgplus[msn7 compatible] to people (correct?)
How can his testers test this legally? :refuck:

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by BooGhost on 10-10-2004 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly

his testers can be MVP........ :rolleyes:

i bet some of Patchou's testers are MVPs :p
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Knad on 10-10-2004 at 09:33 PM

n00beh question, but whats an MVP

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by matty on 10-10-2004 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Knad
a Microsoft MVP is a Microsoft Most Value Professional.

[Image: google.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly

his testers can be MVP........ :rolleyes:

i bet some of Patchou's testers are MVPs :p
I am an MVP, I email Patch everyday with bugs lmao. Patch did you get the one about the /ping command?
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by BooGhost on 10-10-2004 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Most Valuable Personal.......... tose ppl can sign in with MSN 7 (legally).... their like MSN 7 testers :-/
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Choli on 10-11-2004 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
I think that Microsoft just uses a new set of controls that allow more customization... Example (may not be correct, but as an example it's good): MSn Messenger 6's contact list is implemented with a control that doesn't allow color in its items. To do MSN Msg 7's contact list, M$ used a new version of that control. That new version supports colored items. Msn msg 7 doesn't use that feature, but plus can take profit of it.

imo, in Microsoft, they don't do that on purporse (adding new features).
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by um............... on 10-13-2004 at 07:58 AM

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Patchou u rule goood job wit da upgrade!!!!(Y)

mabe thier name could change to a plus icon?:^)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by Guido on 10-13-2004 at 04:20 PM

Information about Microsoft's MVP program:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I think that Microsoft just uses a new set of controls that allow more customization... Example (may not be correct, but as an example it's good): MSn Messenger 6's contact list is implemented with a control that doesn't allow color in its items. To do MSN Msg 7's contact list, M$ used a new version of that control. That new version supports colored items. Msn msg 7 doesn't use that feature, but plus can take profit of it.
(Technically, if i'm correct, they used a completely different control, that allows them to basically do anything with the contact list -- before it was just a customized treeview)

RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility by EvilSeph on 10-24-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Most Valuable Personal.......... tose ppl can sign in with MSN 7 (legally).... their like MSN 7 testers :-/

Nope, we can only sign in with MSN Messenger 7 legally because we *ARE* beta testers. MVPs are dedicated professionals, passionate about sharing their knowledge with others. the MSN Messenger MVPs get access to MSN Messenger beta content if they ask (most of the time). Only MSN Messenger Beta Testers can sign in with MSN Messenger 7 legally, not mere MVPs.