Shoutbox

problem with my first plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: problem with my first plugin (/showthread.php?tid=32683)

problem with my first plugin by ilBlasco on 10-08-2004 at 06:00 PM

hello,
i'm programming my first plugin in vb6...i have a problem: my plugin should play a different sound whenever a plugin text ID is notified by the ReceiveNotify() function...the problem is that if the receiver's conversation window is minimized (another process executes in foreground) then the receiver can't hear the sound... if the problem is that the conversation window is minimized (but the built-in sounds of MsgPlus! work well in the same situation) how can i play sound in this situation??

---->code
Public Function ReceiveNotify(ByVal sNotifyCode As String, ByVal sText As String, ByVal sContactName As String, ByVal oConversationWnd As Object, ByRef sTextToSend As String) As Boolean
    Dim retval As Long, res As Boolean

If (StrComp(sNotifyCode, "frenk", vbTextCompare) = 0) Then
        retval = PlaySound("C:\Programmi\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ValerioSounds\frenk.wav", 0, SND_FILENAME Or SND_ASYNC Or SND_NODEFAULT)
        ReceiveNotify = True
        Exit Function
    ElseIf (StrComp(sNotifyCode, "playm", vbTextCompare) = 0) Then
        retval = PlaySound("C:\Programmi\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ValerioSounds\playmobil.wav", 0, SND_FILENAME Or SND_ASYNC Or SND_NODEFAULT)
        ReceiveNotify = True
        Exit Function
    End If

'Give other plugins a chance to receive this notification
    ReceiveNotify = False
End Function

--->end code

RE: problem with my first plugin by RaceProUK on 10-08-2004 at 08:53 PM

Look at the documentation on the Media Control Interface. That will allow you to play sounds alongside others.