Shoutbox

task scheduler to run programs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: task scheduler to run programs (/showthread.php?tid=32684)

task scheduler to run programs by uam on 10-08-2004 at 06:40 PM

Hi,
is it possible to tell Plus! to run the program associated with the task at specified time?

RE: task scheduler to run programs by Leif on 10-08-2004 at 07:03 PM

Yes, of course! Works like a charm!

RE: task scheduler to run programs by matty on 10-08-2004 at 07:16 PM

Not sure if you have figured it out or not but to access the Plus! Task Scheduler do the following

Open your main Contact List Window > Click Plus! > Click Task Scheduler

RE: task scheduler to run programs by uam on 10-08-2004 at 08:04 PM

Well the only thing I was able to do is to display popup at specified time, and to run the program by clicking on it. But how to setup it to run it automatically?

RE: task scheduler to run programs by matty on 10-08-2004 at 08:22 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318736]

See where it says Program / Link click the button beside it and choose the program you wish to run. Note after the task is run, it is deleted. I suggested using the Windows Task Scheduler if you want something to popup each day.

RE: task scheduler to run programs by caldjeff on 10-08-2004 at 08:35 PM

Personally, this is one thing I'd like to see enhanced in coming versions of Plus!  I find myself wanting to use the scheduler a lot, but it's not quick or obvious to set a quick reminder.  I wish I didn't have to open up the messenger window and then the plus menu to get to the scheduler.

And I wish I could make repeating events, etc.  I have several other suggestions, but I'll hold on to them as it seems that the contacts on desktop feature (brilliant by the way) has taken center stage for the next version.

RE: task scheduler to run programs by Lilo on 10-08-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
See where it says Program / Link click the button beside it and choose the program you wish to run. Note after the task is run, it is deleted. I suggested using the Windows Task Scheduler if you want something to popup each day.
I noticed that if you press the button next to the time (the button with the two arrows in a circle), you can also select Every Day for example. Not sure if it works the way that you want, though.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318746]
RE: task scheduler to run programs by uam on 10-08-2004 at 09:07 PM

I can't help myself, but I am not able to make it run.
If I set the event up - fill the program/link window and description and press Add, it only shows this popup:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=318759]

Finally, another popup saying something like "you have missed following event" remains open.

However, in the task scheduler window, there is written "A program or a web page can even be executed with the pop-ups."

So maybe it can't be executed automatically at all at this moment...

RE: task scheduler to run programs by Patchou on 10-08-2004 at 09:30 PM

Itis true, to execute the program you need to click on the toast for now. I agree that the scheduler could be improved a lot but I don't get much feedback from it. That'swhy stats will be so useful: if I see that many people use the scheduler, I'l ltake the time to improve it :)

RE: task scheduler to run programs by uam on 10-08-2004 at 09:49 PM

That's a nice idea... but if users are not using some feature, doesn't it mean it needs improvement?

As long as task scheduler is mentioned, I also would like to use it more, like caldjeff said, but it's not so easy to setup something...

btw. will be some stats results available to see for us?