Shoutbox

Net send outside of LAN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Net send outside of LAN (/showthread.php?tid=32691)

Net send outside of LAN by Ezra on 10-08-2004 at 10:11 PM

Can i send a message using Net send to a ip out of Lan? Send to Ip of another connection?
If not, what can i use?

RE: Net send outside of LAN by Choli on 10-08-2004 at 11:24 PM

yes yoou can, however it's very probable that the message can't go to the destination. I mean: in theory you can send it, however most routers that join lans, block that kind of messages so the message may not arrive. If that's the case, you can't do anything more (as long as i know)

RE: Net send outside of LAN by Ezra on 10-09-2004 at 07:30 PM

And if I disconnect my router and connect to the internet directly is is possible? Isn't there anyway to let my router send out those messages?

RE: Net send outside of LAN by Plik on 10-09-2004 at 08:23 PM

Its possable if you connect directly, but most people turn this service off becuase it can be used to spam you with annoying messages.
If you know that the other computer has it on then it should work over a cirect connection.

RE: Net send outside of LAN by Choli on 10-09-2004 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
And if I disconnect my router and connect to the internet directly is is possible? Isn't there anyway to let my router send out those messages?
The problem may not be in your router, but in the router of the other side. If you disconnect your router, the message will go out (unless you have a dodgy-configured firewall in your computer), but during the travel and when the message arrives at the destination, it has to go through several routers and/or firewalls that may block it.

The reason for all this is what madman66 said.

Anyway, you can allways send it to try. you won't lose anything.