Shoutbox

this is the first ive seen this message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: this is the first ive seen this message (/showthread.php?tid=32703)

this is the first ive seen this message by expert on 10-09-2004 at 05:03 AM

this is a first lol any ideas?

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Darkphyre on 10-09-2004 at 05:06 AM

I just got that too...

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by marissa on 10-09-2004 at 05:07 AM

it'll be down for a while, possible hours :undecided: i thought we were on a record for not getting that :( its maintenance

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by DJeX on 10-09-2004 at 05:32 AM

I got that too, Msn does maintence every once and a while on there Servers. It should be back by tomarow or early morning.

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by bast on 10-09-2004 at 06:08 AM

I got it with 6:57 AM...

(CET)

But it is fixed sooner than in 12 hours... (It has happend before...)

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Novex on 10-09-2004 at 07:06 AM

oh good so it's not just me :P

I can't get on at all, however my sister seems to be able to using Windows Messenger 4.7 :S

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by ~INVASION~ on 10-09-2004 at 07:37 AM

im back on :D and im the only one on besides mobile:P

yay im special cause it says on  the site it is still down:P

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Bradl3y on 10-09-2004 at 07:50 AM

3 hours later I finally am able to get back on heh, its odd, it stopped right before i went to go watch my movie, i finsihed my movie, and it wasnt up yet, i checked status page, still showed maintence, browsed web for 5 minutes, tried again, ti worked heh, perfect timing...

Yes, at least this time they gave us a 2 minute warning, most of the times MSN goes down no one knows why and sometimes the status page doesnt even show any problems...

I figure they give you that 2 minute warning so you have a chance to wrap things up, but that stupid alert came up 15 times and kept interupting me haha, didnt get much chance to finish my convos

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Millenium_edition on 10-09-2004 at 08:44 AM

my guess is that windows messengr and gilly ignore server maintenaince stuff...

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Animefan on 10-09-2004 at 09:11 AM

I cant get on, it says something is wront with the crappy service, but anyone else can! :(

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Anubis on 10-09-2004 at 09:14 AM

It was probably only a server change that the MSN messenger client only would need...This is hardly rare to happen, and there is no need to make a thread about it every time it does happen.
And don't upload 200kb bitmap file, in the long term, lots of these needlessly large files could take up needless room on the server. Heard of JPEG compression?

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Animefan on 10-09-2004 at 09:33 AM

I cant get on when everyone else can!
THAT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!!

I tryed changing password and all that but DIDNT HELP!!

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Millenium_edition on 10-09-2004 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
I cant get on when everyone else can!
THAT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!!

I tryed changing password and all that but DIDNT HELP!!
try using windows messenger or gilly messenger and see if it works...
RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Animefan on 10-09-2004 at 09:41 AM

Tryed MSN Messenger 7, my Cow Messenger (6.2) and MSN Messenger 6.2, Windows Messenger 5, Windows Messenger 4,7 and Windows Messenger 6... Tryed Gilly Messenger too...
[Gilly said: "Server Error" "Server is unavaliabe"]
Just tryed with my mail "animefan2412@gmail.com", it logged on fine, but I cant with my gohan48@tdcadsl.dk with all my contacts :(

And not even on MSN Messenger from my SPV worked..

So still no... :(
Why are MSN doing this to ME!??!?!?! :'(

*My dad, who also got a @tdcadsl.dk mail and anyone else I know can get online?! even from my PC!!!*

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Millenium_edition on 10-09-2004 at 09:57 AM

maybe try clearing your listcache...

RE: this is the first ive seen this message by Pyroteq on 10-09-2004 at 11:39 AM

i got it too but my msn never closed