Shoutbox

Whats a Good Docking Bar? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Whats a Good Docking Bar? (/showthread.php?tid=32723)

Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Vantage on 10-09-2004 at 02:53 PM

What is a good docking bar [for windows] i think its called a docking bar :S, but anyways please post your links here.

RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Mike on 10-09-2004 at 03:31 PM

Maybe this is what you are looking for?
Dock menu for PC

RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by bach_m on 10-09-2004 at 08:21 PM

Y'z Dock is a great one. its small, and it works well. SO well, infact, that Apple sent a cease and desist order to the developer. but u can still find it with a little searching ;);)*cough:google:cough*

RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by ddunk on 10-09-2004 at 08:37 PM

Only thing I don't like about Y'z is that it doens't deal with .ico files well. If you really feel the need to use .ico's for the dock objects, use Objectdock

RE: RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Vantage on 10-09-2004 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Only thing I don't like about Y'z is that it doens't deal with .ico files well. If you really feel the need to use .ico's for the dock objects, use Objectdock

Exactly why I deleted Y'z cuz its not that good, ObjectDock is much better, thanks i have all the info i have now. thank you everyone
RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Exactly why I deleted Y'z cuz its not that good, ObjectDock is much better, thanks i have all the info i have now. thank you everyone

if you search google, you can find object dock plus! which is better, i'm not sure whether you have to pay, on the main site you do, on most of the others, you don't.
RE: RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Vantage on 10-09-2004 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

if you search google, you can find object dock plus! which is better, i'm not sure whether you have to pay, on the main site you do, on most of the others, you don't.

If they can hack it so that you dont have to pay., im sure they can put some hidden adware and spyware in there as well.
RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 10:04 PM

quote:
If they can hack it so that you dont have to pay., im sure they can put some hidden adware and spyware in there as well.

They don't hack the software, they merely have the installer, and they give you the serial in a different link, anyway

wait, is what we're doing against the rules..

* user27089 reports myself..
RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by coolvi on 10-11-2004 at 06:26 PM

Stardock ObjectDock Plus! is the best.

With the right docklets, it can replace your entire taskbar, like this one. ;)

RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Joe on 10-11-2004 at 06:36 PM

I hear Moby Dock is a good one

RE: Whats a Good Docking Bar? by Guido on 10-11-2004 at 07:04 PM

(it's not as aesthetically pleasing, but it's much simpler and more useful if what you're looking for is a program launcher: SlickRun )