Shoutbox

MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? (/showthread.php?tid=32731)

MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by banky on 10-09-2004 at 06:23 PM

Well I have a felling that yahoo and msn is swaping ideas for each others im service cause.

1.When yahoo released 6.0 it had newly added Display pictures.
2.After a few months of yahoo 6.0 being out msn got a Listen to Music tab(Unlike yahoo they did not intergrate it tho)
3.Yahoo also released talking emoticon things wich now in the future release of Msn Messenger 7.0 they are bringing out winks almsot exactly the same thing as yahoo's talking emos.
5.The very attention getting feature in yahoo is the  buzz feature it's now being brought to msn in the new release as a nudge.(thanks Sean)
6.Msn Is now allowing you to sign in as  offline like yahoo messenger(thanks coobydoo)
7.Msn added a serch bar to the new msn just like in yahoo 6.0(thanks gerado)
8.Msn has changed the prefrences menu for the new release and it now looks like yahoos prefrences menu(thanks jren)

Whats next you will be able to change your nickname in yahoo like in msn messenger :D that would be really awesome but anyways how do you all fell on this.

Thanks for your time,
   The Don

P.s Know anything else they share please post so i can add to my list :D

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 06:26 PM

The nudge feature is like the buzz feature in yahoo...:dodgy:

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by expert on 10-09-2004 at 06:30 PM

and what hapens if they satrt with those innoying im inviroments

u can sign in offline or sould i say  "invisible"

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by banky on 10-09-2004 at 06:33 PM

well the im imvironments can be passed as msn background (but not really)

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by DJeX on 10-09-2004 at 07:05 PM

I think MSN and Yahoo are just in competion with each other to see who can come out the the best IM'ing software.

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 07:06 PM

like google and microsft :lol:

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by aNILEator on 10-09-2004 at 07:09 PM

wtf,

quote:
5.The very Famouse feature in yahoo buzz is not being brought to msn in the new release as a nuge.(thanks Sean)

Please sort it out mate
RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by marissa on 10-09-2004 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I think MSN and Yahoo are just in competion with each other to see who can come out the the best IM'ing software.

I agree, when i had yahoo installed it made me think of msn messenger. Now that msn messenger looks like yahoo, i think they're just doing it for competition. Why cnat they just think of their own ideas? I think MSN messenger and yahoo could have thought of some ideas which dont relate to each other.
RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by Chop on 10-09-2004 at 08:27 PM

MSN add the search bar too, yahoo has it, i believe from yahoo 6.0

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by MightyMike on 10-09-2004 at 08:56 PM

i think people give them ideas, maybe they dont know about eachothers features.

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by jren207 on 10-09-2004 at 10:09 PM

I noticed the preferences windows are similar from the screenshot of the Messenger 7 preferences. Instead of having the tabbed window, it has a big window with a list at the side with items you click. Thats what the preferences of Yahoo are like.

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by banky on 10-09-2004 at 10:12 PM

ok ill add that soon

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 11:09 PM

Thats quite true actually, maybe they have a secret contract or something, and they both get money, or maybe they steal each others code somehow, like theres a leak of the yahoo source...

its seems to me, that msn and yahoo aren't copying each other, msn is purely copying yahoo, everything on that list is saying that msn is getting something that yahoo already has... IMO its ludacris

:dodgy:

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by DJeX on 10-09-2004 at 11:29 PM

Awhile back I heard Msn and Yahoo were useing the same email based system for both Yahoo and Hotmail. Maybe thats why.

RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by banky on 10-10-2004 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

its seems to me, that msn and yahoo aren't copying each other, msn is purely copying yahoo, everything on that list is saying that msn is getting something that yahoo already has... IMO its ludacris

What are you talking baout its ludacris (are you talking about the rapper)
RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by marissa on 10-10-2004 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

what about the display pictures then? what about the whole image? when i first opened yahoo it had all the msn colour concept and junk
RE: MsnMessenger&Yahoo trying to be the same? by banky on 10-10-2004 at 07:24 AM

go marissa

and
[Image: cheeseangry.gif] traxor :D j/k