Shoutbox

Router help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Router help (/showthread.php?tid=32732)

Router help by The_Thief on 10-09-2004 at 06:55 PM

Hi,

I have a linksys wireless network everywhere router and over the past few days I've had to constatnly reboot it.  There are 2 machines hooked up to it and they are both running xp and the conection keeps dropping and reanitializing.  Do I need a new router a real linksys router not Network everywhere?

Thanks

RE: Router help by banky on 10-09-2004 at 07:01 PM

I have the same router best bet is to get a new roture not a linksys cause linksys sucks ass lmfao :refuck:

RE: Router help by DJeX on 10-09-2004 at 07:02 PM

When did you hook up this router? Did it work before? Check to see if it's not over heating and all plugs are tightly in. Also make sure the cords and wires are not broken and wigle the plug connections to check to see if they arn't broken.

EDIT:

Linksys dose suck (N) Get a D-Link (Y) Best router I've ever had.

RE: Router help by The_Thief on 10-09-2004 at 07:10 PM

I was thinking of getting the real linksys router the blue one with the two antenas.  It's not over heating and everything looks fine.  I got this router about 6 months ago. 

RE: Router help by RaceProUK on 10-10-2004 at 08:10 AM

Wireless connections aren't the most stable in the world, so getting a new router won't necessarily fix the problem.

RE: Router help by The_Thief on 10-10-2004 at 06:36 PM

Not even a G conection?...I don't have much choice because I dont have a conection in my room.

RE: Router help by .blade// on 10-10-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by serpico
Not even a G conection?...I don't have much choice because I dont have a conection in my room.

802.11a-g are all the same (essentially.) a is the slowest, g is the fastest, but there are no real stability differences between them. Depending on where you have it set up, you may also get connection problems (e.g. if you have it in a room with lots of metal or other obstructions, on the floor, under a table, etc.)
RE: Router help by The_Thief on 10-11-2004 at 01:43 AM

But they tell me the signal is stronger because of the two attenas.

RE: Router help by matty on 10-11-2004 at 02:29 AM

The antennas wont make a difference. Its the layout of your house. If you have a lot of metal between the router and the computer your not going to get that good of a connection. My moms computer is in the spare bedroom upstairs, the router is in the basement. Her connection is "Good" at best and sometimes non existant at others.

RE: Router help by The_Thief on 10-11-2004 at 06:08 PM

I see because there is a whole floor between me and the router with a kitchen

RE: Router help by .Roy on 10-11-2004 at 06:15 PM

i have a g dell wireless router...

i connect it directly to my computer and the rest of the computers in the house use the wireless card... whats good about g is that its faster and it runs both b and g cards...

anyways i suggest u connect the router in the middle of all the computers... or better connect it directly to one of the computers and the rest use a wireless card/usb

RE: Router help by The_Thief on 10-12-2004 at 05:24 PM

One PC is conected right to the router the other is wireless.