Shoutbox

When Is The Next Version Released? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: When Is The Next Version Released? (/showthread.php?tid=32740)

When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-09-2004 at 08:02 PM

hey does anyone know when the next version of messenger plus is supposed to be released? someone said on another thread that its due by the end of this week. but fridays gone tromorrow is sunday so does that mean tomorrows when its released?

:D

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 08:03 PM

Sometime this weekend Patchou has said.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
[font=Arial][size=4][color=red][b]hey does anyone know when the next version of messenger plus is supposed to be released? someone said on another thread that its due by the end of this week. but fridays gone tromorrow is sunday so does that mean tomorrows when its released?

:D

Mate, never say tomorrow, lol, if you think about it 'tomorrow never comes' cause when its tomorrow its today |-)

I think that it might not come out this week, maybe it will, maybe it won't, but Patchou 'likes to keep us waiting' the excitement builds up, its the same with any smart programmers, announce something that will be great, oh look, lets make them wait, that makes more people find out and then when it comes out they're like :o thats wiiiicked
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-09-2004 at 08:05 PM

oh ok cool well hopefully ill see it on the site sunday october 9th 2004 and sorry for saying 2moro.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Patchou on 10-09-2004 at 08:11 PM

October 10th :)

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-09-2004 at 08:14 PM

oh ok patchou thnk you that means its available in 12 hours from now cool.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
October 10th :)

Can we have a countdown? :p
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Kafman on 10-09-2004 at 08:26 PM

I think this thread has to be move to Msgr Plus! General Talk :P

well only one day and there is a new Msgr Plus! version
(Y) Patchou :)

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Patchou on 10-09-2004 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Can we have a countdown?

Na.. it's not the major release of the century... in case some of you would have forget, this version is not compatible with Messenger 7 :).
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Na.. it's not the major release of the century... in case some of you would have forget, this version is not compatible with Messenger 7 :).

:lol: thank god, this means the losers who think they're inside the world of microsoft by having msn 7.0 will stop using it :lol: thankyou patchou, you are the king..

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
:o I thought it was going to be compatible?

Dan

No, cause that would be stupid really, considering no-one should have it :S
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by expert on 10-09-2004 at 09:09 PM

i cant wait:shocked:

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-09-2004 at 09:14 PM

i cant wait either. so patchou watts new in this new release? hey and although support for msn 7.0 isnt in this version when is the version that supports msn 7.0 being released? just out of interest as thats when ill start using 7.0

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by RebelSean on 10-09-2004 at 09:16 PM

No he has already said that Msn 7.0 wont be supported in this realease version 3.21  :)

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by matty on 10-09-2004 at 09:26 PM

quote:
i cant wait either. so patchou watts new in this new release? hey and although support for msn 7.0 isnt in this version when is the version that supports msn 7.0 being released? just out of interest as thats when ill start using 7.0
There is nothing new in this version. It is simply a fix to a bugs. Bugs with the floating contacts are fixed, and a few others. As Patchou said this version will not be compatible with MSN Messenger 7. As you see once you have installed MSN Messenger 7, Messenger Plus! can no longer hook into it. Meaning most of the procedures he uses needs to be changed. In the upcoming version, from what I know this version will now give you a Plus! menu BUT with an incompatibility message like with MSN Messenger 6.2 and previous versions.

I will install MSN Messenger 7 tonight and will check the beta of Messenger Plus! just to confirm the incompatibility message but that would be the only thing changed, beside bug fixes.

Matty
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Patchou on 10-09-2004 at 09:33 PM

Well, the "new features" are improvements in the floating contact windows... there's a new preferences panel for them, you can lock then in place, display contact by emails and hide them when the users are offline. Apaprt from that, there's many bug fixes, as usual :)

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by .Roy on 10-09-2004 at 10:04 PM

hmm are u planning on releasing a version with a lot of new features like the latest version..???

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-09-2004 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
hmm are u planning on releasing a version with a lot of new features like the latest version..???

Patchou usually does this when he releasees a new version completely, like 4, or announces that something is going to change, in all of the ones like 3.15, he just fixes bugs, and does minor improvements, keeping the final 'great' features that are going into them until the new version (4), because hours of coding might as well be used on a decent new version completely
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 06:55 AM

yeah fair enough so when will version 4 be coming to our desktops? or is that a post christmas thing?

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by roadman2 on 10-10-2004 at 07:22 AM

when is the release for the 7.0 compatible version of msngplus

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Sherro on 10-10-2004 at 07:44 AM

OMG MSN 7 IS CRAP, Plus! isnt going to be compatable with it msn7 is still a beta and not ment to be used so stop whineing :P

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Phrive on 10-10-2004 at 07:59 AM

MSN 7 will be made compatible with Plus! this weekend i think...

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 08:02 AM

no the release this weekend isnt msn 7.0 compatable patchou already said that your gonna have to wait to version 4 for that dude

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Phrive on 10-10-2004 at 08:05 AM

Im confused now, i keep hearign different things :S
Can anyone comfirm anything?

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by FrozernFire on 10-10-2004 at 08:13 AM

im not THAT interested in msn 7.0 except for animated dp. and msg plus is released today, though i always haf to remember that i am more than 12 hours ahead of patchou, so it must be early in the morning there while it's afternoon here >.<"

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Anubis on 10-10-2004 at 08:26 AM

quote:
no the release this weekend isnt msn 7.0 compatable patchou already said that your gonna have to wait to version 4 for that dude
I don't believe Patchou actually said that...I don't know what your fascination with version 4 is based on, but Patchou hasn't said anything about only version 4+ will be compatible with MSN Messenger 7...Just an update; it'll just be a newer build, most likely not 4 onwards.
Edit: Also don't post more than once in a row, instead edit your previous post. (fixed)
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 08:29 AM

quote:

OMG, are you stupid? I really doubt that Patchou has said anything like that.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Phrive on 10-10-2004 at 08:34 AM

Is it some time at the end of the month (as patchou has said) or the 10th i read some where else :S

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by The Napster on 10-10-2004 at 08:35 AM

All he said was that the next release wont be conbaible with MSN Messenger 7. Just to clarify :D

By the way cant wait.

Also is there an option to pin the contacts to tha desktop in the new version?

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 08:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster
All he said was that the next release wont be conbaible with MSN Messenger 7. Just to clarify :D

He said that we will have to wait to version 4, which is NOT true
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
He said that we will have to wait to version 4, which is NOT true

How do you know what Stuart said isn't true, he might be correct, as MSN 7.0 hasn't officially been released yet, and if patchou releases msgplus! for MSN 7.0 then i think that microsoft will know that something dodgy is going on or something... He might do it towards christmas or something, because I think thats when its meant to come out fully.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Anubis on 10-10-2004 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster

All he said was that the next release wont be conbaible with MSN Messenger 7. Just to clarify
Exactly, this doesn't mean version 4, it could, but not likely in any way. Just so stuartbennett and others like him can understand...
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How do you know what Stuart said isn't true, he might be correct, as MSN 7.0 hasn't officially been released yet, and if patchou releases msgplus! for MSN 7.0 then i think that microsoft will know that something dodgy is going on or something... He might do it towards christmas or something, because I think thats when its meant to come out fully.

Search the forum.....And Patchou made Messenger 6 work in version 2.20.52, and Messenger 6.1 in version 2.21.54 and Messenger 6.2 in version 2.54.75, so why should Patchou raise the version number to version 4 with Messenger 7?
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Search the forum.....And Patchou made Messenger 6 work in version 2.20.52, and Messenger 6.1 in version 2.21.54 and Messenger 6.2 in version 2.54.75, so why should Patchou raise the version number to version 4 with Messenger 7?

I only said that Stuart might be correct, i didn't once back up that version 4 was going to come out when msn 7.0 came out. Its just hard to say whether or not 4 will come out with it, I severely doubt it, as 2 came out in november i believe, and 3 came out early september, I'm positive that it takes hours, days, weeks and months to code messenger plus, especially if its a new version completely. I doubt that messenger plus! 4 will come out until around april/march
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 08:57 AM

hey anubus look from my understanding its most likely gonna be version 4 let me explain why. this new version that patchous releasing on the 10th of october is 3.2 something that means only minor updates and bugs fixes are gonna be released in it as someone said earlier on in this thread. they also said that major changes like support for new versions of messenger are such major recoding projects that they are only made in new full versions like 4 and seeing as patchou knows that msn 7.0 is going to be released in the not too distant future it seems only logical that he will hold off on writting a new full version of plus until msn 7.0 is released as why would anyone write one new full version with major updates in it only to then a month or so later have to write another just to add msn 7.0 support. and the next full version in numerical order is 4 so therefore im right in that sense. hey i dont know for sure no but considering whats been said above i doubt hes gonna redo the whole software to support msn 7.0 in a basic build update is he please think about it.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 09:00 AM

Oh Stuart you are so wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=314994#pid314994
PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones .

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 09:02 AM

quote:
hey anubus look from my understanding its most likely gonna be version 4 let me explain why. this new version that patchous releasing on the 10th of october is 3.2 something that means only minor updates and bugs fixes are gonna be released in it as someone said earlier on in this thread. they also said that major changes like support for new versions of messenger are such major recoding projects that they are only made in new full versions like 4 and seeing as patchou knows that msn 7.0 is going to be released in the not too distant future it seems only logical that he will hold off on writting a new full version of plus until msn 7.0 is released as why would anyone write one new full version with major updates in it only to then a month or so later have to write another just to add msn 7.0 support. and the next full version in numerical order is 4 so therefore im right in that sense. hey i dont know for sure no but considering whats been said above i doubt hes gonna redo the whole software to support msn 7.0 in a basic build update is he please think about it.

I doubt that msgplus 4 will come out with msn 7, it doesn't generally matter whether a new version will come out, in the past, patchou has made it compatible, and tested it on the version of msn that he has, Patchou knew that 6.20137 was coming out, but he still used his version of msn, this is the reason why the advertisement banner wouldn't hide in 6.20137, I think that patchou will start to recode msgplus when he has the time, and knows that all of the idea's are up in front of him, which I'm sure they are, until then, i'm afraid, we'll just have to wait until we recieve word from Patchou himself.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Chestah on 10-10-2004 at 09:18 AM

Msg capatability with MSN7 will just be a minor number change eg 3.21 -> 3.22 or 3.3
I highly doubt it will be an update to 4.0
Chestah

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by The One on 10-10-2004 at 09:27 AM

The version coming out today is 3.21, the version with compatibility to MSN 7 is 3.25.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by roadman2 on 10-10-2004 at 09:58 AM

and how do you now that ?

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 09:59 AM

Because its true, believe me

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 10:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roadman2
and how do you now that ?
It may have been put in announcements or something, he may have found out from someone that knows the truth.. But you can't handle the truth.. lol...

quote:
Because its true, believe me

Now thats more of an answer that I like, more optimistic than pesimistic, now come on, the version for msn 7 comes out when it comes out, most of you shouldn't even have it at all. So just be greatful that patchou is creating a plus! that is compatible with msn 7.
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxorNow thats more of an answer that I like, more optimistic than pesimistic, now come on, the version for msn 7 comes out when it comes out, most of you shouldn't even have it at all. So just be greatful that patchou is creating a plus! that is compatible with msn 7.

Have I ever said anything about i, not greatful for what Patchou is doing? NO, because I am, Im more greatful than youll ever know, so dont start on something like that, i'm just trying to tell you all that ver. 3.25 will work with messenger 7, I know this from a translator, and I think that he is telling the truth.
So please dont start make me look bad just because I am telling something you dont know.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Have I ever said anything about i, not greatful for what Patchou is doing? NO, because I am, Im more greatful than youll ever know, so dont start on something like that, i'm just trying to tell you all that ver. 3.25 will work with messenger 7, I know this from a translator, and I think that he is telling the truth.
So please dont start make me look bad just because I am telling something you dont know.

I know that everyones greatful, but I think everyone needs to stop being like vultures and inquiring into everything about plus!, just leave him in peace...
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I know that everyones greatful, but I think everyone needs to stop being like vultures and inquiring into everything about plus!, just leave him in peace...

A. Madsen will now leave him in peace :)
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 10:33 AM

ok fine the msn7 compatable version will release whenever im greatful. it doesnt matter when it releases as long as one eventually exists thats all that really matters.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by roadman2 on 10-10-2004 at 10:47 AM

patcou can you release a beta of msgplus for 7.0 I WILL BE GRAETFULL :D

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by -dt- on 10-10-2004 at 11:07 AM

quote:
patcou can you release a beta of msgplus for 7.0 I WILL BE GRAETFULL :D
you shouldnt even be using msn 7 scince to get on with it you have to patch the exe and thats illegle so why should patchou release a version that works with a version that m$ dosnt want people using?
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
you shouldnt even be using msn 7 scince to get on with it you have to patch the exe and thats illegle so why should patchou release a version that works with a version that m$ dosnt want people using?

Patchou IS releasing a version that works with Messenger 7 BETA, this is the whole point with this topic.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Anubis on 10-10-2004 at 11:15 AM

quote:
patcou can you release a beta of msgplus for 7.0 I WILL BE GRAETFULL
The BETA doesn't exist, Patchou never releaces BETAs to the public and he can't even get Plus to recognise MSN Messenger 7 as MSN Messenger...
quote:
it seems only logical that he will hold off on writting a new full version of plus until msn 7.0
Not at all, this has never happened in the past. Just a newer build number, I'm not going to go into how build numbers increase but there is a mathematical method that you can learn about yourself...
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by -dt- on 10-10-2004 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Patchou IS releasing a version that works with Messenger 7 BETA, this is the whole point with this topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
As Patchou said this version will not be compatible with MSN Messenger 7.
he IS releasing a version but this version  isnt the version that is compatable will msn 7 it would help if u read the thread next time A. Madsen ......
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 12:06 PM

yes eventually but as to when that update will be released is unknown. i started this thread to find out when the new versions being released since patchou gave the answer to that we have gotten a little sidetracked.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 02:31 PM

hahaha funny shit people like to pull shit out of their ass as if they heard it from patch, so far ive heard Patch isnt gonna make a msg plus for msn 7, i have heard that the version number thats compat with msn 7 will be msgplus4, it's all wrong so people need to quit talking like they think they know what they are talkinga bout and maybe read patch's posts to find out the truth.

There will be a versioin of Msg Plus that supports MSN Messenger 7, it is going to be more than a minor upgrade for support, he is adding features such as contacts colors showing up on the contact list which is pretty damn cool IMO. I think I remember him saying it will be released POSSIBLY by the end of the month. Don't hold me to that at least I am not saying that as if it is a fact and it will.

here is where i got that info from so it seems to be right:

quote:
From the IRC #MsgPlus channel

<Patchou> hey everyone
<Patchou> who's interested in some Messenger 7 compatibility news?
<Patchou> ok... well, I'm happy to say that after 3 nights, a lot of pepsi and some sushi, Plus! is already 2/3 compatible with Messenger 7
<Patchou> the big work I'll have to do now is support the new contact list interface to find a way to add the Plus! icon, support customer names, etc...
<Patchou> ... and you can tell people that it's nice if they want to test but I already have my tester list :)
<Patchou> anyway, with some luck, I'll release a version entirely compatible by the end of the month, maybe before depending on how it goes
<Patchou> see ya all later
<Time> this is compatible with which build in specific?
<Patchou> with all builds.. Plus! is not a crack ;)
<Patchou> it takes more than a buildchange to break it
<Time> haha, nice
* Patchou (~tidus@MsgPlus-F830AB4C.sympatico.ca) Quit

also see some other stuff you can find by easily searching the forums, read the stuff before posting stupid stuff like there isnt gonna be a version for the beta and such:

quote:
Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :P)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :P.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).

quote:
Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).

quote:

You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 .

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time .

quote:
Hehehe.... :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318401]

quote:
quote:
nice photoshop image
Absolutely not.. what would be the point? :).

Anyway, it's cool to see that you apparently like this change.. some more will be waiting for you in the "Messenger 7 version".

so it seems the version that is going to be compatible with Messenger 7 is going to be quite a major release with some nice new features, good work Patch keep it up :D
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by CookieRevised on 10-10-2004 at 02:46 PM

indeed, Patchou has said that a msgplus, compatible with messenger 7, will be released by the end of the month IF all things go well. But this was before MS retracted messenger 7 and made it downgrade to 6.2 for serious security issues!!

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the compatbile-with-messenger-7 version will not be released by the end of the month. Because it would be stupid to release a thing while messenger 7 shouldn't be used in the first place.

The version that is going to be released this sunday 10th october (on Patchou's Timezone!!!!) is version 3.21. It will contain some added features to the floating contacts and several bug fixes. It will NOT be compatible with messenger 7.

As he also announced on the forums, in this 3.21 version there will also be some changes in the sponsorsetup as a test. When the test is finished, a new version will be released (3.25 or something), still not compatible with messenger 7 for above reasons.

All the rest is nothing more then rumours and speculation...

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 02:50 PM

i edited my previous post with some quotes to clear some people up... I think, its my opinon anyway, that patch shoud/will continue development and releases for compatability with the beta, because it is nto a waste of time to coe for the beta, as that willg et most of the bust work out of the way and when the official product is released, there shouldnt be too much to change to make ti comaptable, thus making a timely release for the final release of Messenger 7, even if people should nto be using the beta, it is not a waste of time, and why not release something for the people that are using it, what would it hurt?

quote:
Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).

::EDIT:: also notice how the title of the IRC channel says this:
quote:
Plus! is 2/3 compatible with MSN 7 already and still being worked upon. Discussion of beta software is NOT allowed.

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by x2zen on 10-10-2004 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
he IS releasing a version but this version  isnt the version that is compatable will msn 7 it would help if u read the thread next time A. Madsen ......

Have I ever said that this version will work with Messenger 7? NO I HAVE NOT. Version 3.25 will be, and I have said that the whole time, just read from page 3 in this topic.
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Viper6 on 10-10-2004 at 03:06 PM

Its monday here :)

Still no news ?

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by roadman2 on 10-10-2004 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
The BETA doesn't exist, Patchou never releaces BETAs to the public and he can't even get Plus to recognise MSN Messenger 7 as MSN Messenger...

how come he can make pics of Messenger Plus with 7.0

p.s. the forum says i have no messages posted on the whole board
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 03:15 PM

::EDIT:: sorry misread. Roadman, a beta is a compiled version that is still being tested and isnt 100%, I'm not that into programming i dont knwo if he needs to compile it everytime to test it or if the program can run it uncompiled, but there is no beta that exists that will be release i what he meant, everytime he makes a minor change while testing stuff coudl be considered a "new beta" if you wanna look at it that way.

and about that 3.25 supporting 7.0, where did you hear that from? i though i read that 3.25 will moreso be a final version of 3.21

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 03:23 PM

well he said its 2/3 compatable with 7.0 so what you sww in the screenshot must be the 2/3 that are compatable.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by roadman2 on 10-10-2004 at 04:26 PM

he said he was at 2/3 in 4 days a fey days ago that means he is almost done wy keep us waiting or is this so hard for even him ?

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 04:51 PM

quote:
he said he was at 2/3 in 4 days a fey days ago that means he is almost done wy keep us waiting or is this so hard for even him ?

He is doing much more then just making in Messenger 7 Compat... he is adding new features, patience, he doesn't get paid to do this so in 3 days he might get very little done if he didn't feel like working on it much, or he could ahve been working for hours on end just to get some things back up and running that are just part of Plus. It takes time because I'm sure he has to rewrite a lot of code with the big 7.0 upgrade.

He said the hardest parts are mostly done though, so hes just probably gotta get all the little stuff up and running and get his new features added and we will be good to go :)
RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Tochjo on 10-10-2004 at 06:20 PM

Please be patient. It's currently 1:20 pm where Patchou lives, so he has over 10 hours to put it online :)

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Bradl3y on 10-10-2004 at 06:22 PM

whats the big deal its jsut a bigfix aint it? or am i mstaken?

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Viper6 on 10-10-2004 at 06:45 PM

*sigh*

been waiting the whole day :(
now its time to sleep
4.45 am and i have university at 7am! great.... lol

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 07:27 PM

hey stop complaining guys as far as im concerned its 20:25 here in united kingdom im going to bed in 2-3 hours if patchou hasnt put the update up by then i wont get to download it until tomorrow i got work experience tomorrow so have to leave here by 9am to catch the bus so i might not even get to download the new version until this time tomorrow. you guys are lucky well some of you anyways in usa its still ur afternoon so youll get it today.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by .Roy on 10-10-2004 at 07:28 PM

lol ur a very devoted member

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 07:44 PM

yes i sure am i always like new versions of software as every new version of any piece of software has gotta be better than before. dont even go there i know what your all thinking. me is the only exception to that rule it was the biggest waste of time ever written. however most software new versions are significantly better than there predacessors and from what ive seen messenger plus is no exception patchou is a dedicated individual i honor and respect him or her whichever they are for their hard work in providing us all with such magnificent software. i no in theory patchou doesnt get paid for this but in a way he does he gets money from wattever hes store on this site sells plus he has a donation button so in a way he can make money from this. if i had the money to spend theres plenty of stuff in the store id buy. i love the mug the tshirts the hats the stein id buy most of the stores merchandise if i could afford it and one day ill do just that.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by user27089 on 10-10-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Can everyone please just give patchou a break, don't you think its hard enough for him other than having n00bs having a go because they think its installed what they think is spyware on the pc and its not their faults, it is their fault! And now they have people on the forum just being impatient and sarcastic about his work, its quite annoying and frustrating for me too look at, imagine how patchou feels!

quote:
Originally posted by Bradl3y
whats the big deal its jsut a bigfix aint it? or am i mstaken?

Nope, he's also editing the installer testing a few different versions of the 'sponsor agreement' page,  so to see which one is the best, most user friendly and has the best interface all in one..

:p

IMO thats not just bug fixes, this is major editing, with the installer, what he's doing with the extension is well yea, making bug fixes, its possible that a few features may be added, but i'm not quite sure at the moment.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by Patchou on 10-10-2004 at 08:01 PM

Wo.. you guysreally like to speculate on nothing :). As I said before, version 3.21 is absolutely not compatible with Messeger 7. The only thing I've added in Messenger 7 is auto-update capabilities so that people will get auto-updatenotifications if they install Messenger 7 before I release a compatible vesion of Plus!.

As for the version numbering, I'm notsurethat naming the next majorversio 4.00 would be fair.. I mean, changes between version 1, 2 and 3 were major and very visible, I don't think it's worth doign the same thing already as vesion 3.00 was released not so long ago. It will probably be aversion 3.50 or something..anyway, these are just numbers you know I coudl do like some other deveoeprs and increase the majorversion number every thre month, it wouldn't make the software any different.

I'm currently testing version 3.21.104, I'll probably release it in anhour or so.

RE: When Is The Next Version Released? by stuartbennett on 10-10-2004 at 09:10 PM

ok cool thanks patchou