Shoutbox

Nudge - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Nudge (/showthread.php?tid=32754)

Nudge by Devilz on 10-10-2004 at 02:44 AM

Is it possible that you can make it so that you can keep sending nudges and avoid the "You may not send a nudge that often." message?  I enjoy sending nudges and the message is stopping me from doing it.

RE: Nudge by Joe on 10-10-2004 at 03:27 AM

no......maybe possible, but NO!
if they have winks disabled.... they probably don't want you to send them...

RE: Nudge by Vantage on 10-10-2004 at 03:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Devilz
Is it possible that you can make it so that you can keep sending nudges and avoid the "You may not send a nudge that often." message?  I enjoy sending nudges and the message is stopping me from doing it.

lol, Nice way to get yourself blocked buddy (y)
the reason for that is obvious....its fucking annoying :)
It would kinda go into the same category as Long nick names. you could do it if it was in the .exe im not sure if its server side or not, but no one will do it. simply because of how annoying that would be. like blocking and unblocking after a certaine amount of time you have a 30 second. wait.
RE: Nudge by matty on 10-10-2004 at 03:35 AM

TB Did make a thread called MSN Piss off tools, which allowed multiple nudges without the message. It involved modifying the Messenger exe (which is illegal) and the thread seems to have vanished anyways. So at the moment no unless TB includes it into SPNG when Plus! is compatible with MSN Messenger 7

RE: Nudge by siebe on 10-10-2004 at 05:04 PM

quote:
you could do it if it was in the .exe im not sure if its server side or not, but no one will do it
That's server side :)
RE: Nudge by jon on 10-10-2004 at 06:34 PM

actually, its clientside

RE: RE: Nudge by Vantage on 10-10-2004 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jon
actually, its clientside

hmmm.. i dunno which one now, it would make much more sense that its server side. its Java isn't it?.
it would be like this link:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dubdub.html
RE: Nudge by Plik on 10-10-2004 at 06:45 PM

I think its programed into messenger using a part of the windows API that lets you move the window.
And i think its client side because TB made a patch to disable the flood limit. Meaning that it must be client side.

RE: Nudge by Millenium_edition on 10-10-2004 at 07:19 PM

it's client side... but it's sad if you annoy your contacts with that 8-)

RE: Nudge by toddy on 10-10-2004 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
but it's sad if you annoy your contacts with that

and u won't have many friends left
RE: Nudge by Rock182Chick on 10-11-2004 at 04:20 AM

:S i bet someone will definitely make a patch to advoid that message, or get bots to spam nudges, i mean people have made patches to bypass the downgrade from 7.0 down to 6.2 so yea.. i bet is is possible

RE: Nudge by Bradl3y on 10-11-2004 at 03:16 PM

the name thing is serverside, clinetside, you can unlock it, but still longer names wont work even though you can try to use longer names..

nudge, is clinetside, jsut like the 5 custom emoticon limit (that was broken wasnt it?), it woudl slow things down if they had their servers storing the time of the last time you sent a nudge and shit

The problem they have, si they need to limit the clients ability to receive these types of things to a certain interval, that way an annoying person couldnt get a patch to annoy you, youd have to aptch your own to allow them to annoy you, which would be pointless

RE: Nudge by asdfff on 06-02-2005 at 08:43 AM

where do i download piss off tools from

RE: Nudge by John Anderton on 06-02-2005 at 08:46 AM

It can be done .... i have seen ppl doing it :P Ppl have done that  in front of me but ill have to see how to do it .... even i wanna know :P
Edit:
Ok i think i found out ... but it aint illegal :cheesy:

RE: Nudge by Veggie on 06-02-2005 at 08:51 AM

this features in most of the msn patches, like A-Patch and MessPatch,
note: patching = illegal

RE: Nudge by asdfff on 06-02-2005 at 09:16 AM

which site do i get these patches from

RE: Nudge by Nathan on 06-02-2005 at 09:18 AM

mess.be... etc!!!!

RE: Nudge by user35870 on 06-02-2005 at 09:25 AM

@asdfff you can download patches from www.mess.be and
www.a-patch.tk  but please note that patching msn messenger is against microsoft's/msn's terms of service and this forum are mess.be/a-patch.tk is no way responsible for any thing that happens.

edit :to slow

RE: Nudge by asdfff on 06-02-2005 at 09:27 AM

thanx

has any 1 ever been caught before
RE: Nudge by Purity on 06-02-2005 at 09:53 AM

Microsoft, doesn't and i don't think will ever do anything about it. :P

RE: Nudge by user35870 on 06-02-2005 at 09:59 AM

I don't think they will care really (they might but) I was just saying incase something could happen. :)

RE: Nudge by John Anderton on 06-02-2005 at 10:14 AM

Well there is a non illegal way to do it but i need some one to test it on :)
Any one already on my list is welcome to volunteer :)

RE: Nudge by super-schaf on 06-05-2005 at 10:46 AM

you just have to put your status on busy then you can send them as much as you want!!!;-)

RE: Nudge by John Anderton on 06-05-2005 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
you just have to put your status on busy then you can send them as much as you want!!!
Thats the idea i use and it has come to my knowledge recently that it is the method used by the patches too :P
But i think This poll mabbe of some use. It may point some what ppl's opinion ... more ppl can still vote tho :P
RE: Nudge by rav0 on 06-06-2005 at 10:41 AM

The busy status trick works. You can also send lots together if your friend sends a nudge or a message, or you send a message in between.

RE: Nudge by -rafy- on 06-06-2005 at 11:04 AM

Just to note: this is an old topic....and i assume that these methods werent around in some of the older msn 7 betas.