Shoutbox

9/11, 2001, the game - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: 9/11, 2001, the game (/showthread.php?tid=32862)

9/11, 2001, the game by .blade// on 10-11-2004 at 01:39 AM

Game name: SURVIVOR
Game Site: http://replaystudios.de/survivor/scenarios.php
Game Premice: Re-live the disasters of the 20th-21st century, such as the sinking of the Titanic, hurricane Andrew....and 9/11 :dodgy:

Features:

# Never seen before game concept:
fight for survival in historical disaster scenarios

# Highly interactive game levels, based on authentic disaster scenarios of the 20th and 21th century

# Hero experience: save people from death

# Dynamic, goalbased mission structures

# Cinematic special visual effects and sounds

# Original gameplay elements like adrenaline-shock-mode

Screenshots (9/11):
[Image: art01.jpg]
[Image: art02.jpg]

Does anybody else find this just a little inconsiderate? :dodgy: :mipdodgy:

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by matty on 10-11-2004 at 02:18 AM

OMG, the creators of this really weren't thinking when they were developing this. I can see someone considering lawsuits.

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by WDZ on 10-11-2004 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
# Hero experience: save people from death
Well, at least you're saving instead of killing. :-/
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Pyroteq on 10-11-2004 at 06:36 AM

When i opened this thread i expected a terrorists killing game, At least your saving but sure contraversy to come

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Eljay on 10-11-2004 at 06:49 AM

IIRC, i thought that nobody was ever allowed to make a film, game or any other type of media based on 9/11
* Eljay sees a lawsuit coming

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by RaceProUK on 10-11-2004 at 06:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
IIRC, i thought that nobody was ever allowed to make a film, game or any other type of media based on 9/11

But then there was Faranheit 9/11, and now this...
I'm not too sure of the appropriateness of this game tbh. At least other games linked to events are linked to events that happened significantly longer ago.
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by marissa on 10-11-2004 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Faranheit 9/11

wasnt that like a documentary on 9/11 and the wat on terrorism? i havent see it, im gonna see it next weekend.
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Chrono on 10-11-2004 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
When i opened this thread i expected a terrorists killing game, At least your saving but sure contraversy to come
same here..

but wth? it already happened, so why cant they make films/viddeogames about it? i dont see anyone complaining about the titanic and other stuff like that :P
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by RaceProUK on 10-11-2004 at 07:09 AM

It's not so much the content, it's the proximity to the event I believe. Personally, I'm not against it, but I'm not all for it either.

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by bach_m on 10-11-2004 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade

# Never seen before game concept:
fight for survival in historical disaster scenarios

what about all the WW2 games that start in Perl Harbor?
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Concord Dawn on 10-11-2004 at 01:21 PM

Well, to be honest, you can't make a game that won't piss someone off. Games like the Matrix (and the movie) are frowned apon by parents of little children, who say that there should be no more violent game. No one can make everyone happy. But still, the people chose a really touchy subject, and I know that American people in particular might feel offended, which is bad for the game producers since Americans play the most video games.

Anyways, since I'm turning this post into a Cookie rant, I'll stop. But just remember that there's one in every crowd.

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Omar on 10-11-2004 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
i thought that nobody was ever allowed to make a film, game or any other type of media based on 9/11
why not....? why is that different on doing a WW2 game about the assault at normandie or a vietnam one, where the US military bruned entire villages with people in ther homes...
quote:
I'm not too sure of the appropriateness of this game tbh.
And I guess a game where you're shooting people like a maniac, or buy drugs or go with prostitutes is appropaiate.... besides.... nobody "owns" the rights for the 9/11 event....so basically anybody can profit from it...as long as you dont "name names"... :P
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Well, to be honest, you can't make a game that won't piss someone off.
Exactly (y)
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Pr0xY on 10-11-2004 at 06:35 PM

These game designers are putting alot on the line by making this game. 

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Anubis on 10-11-2004 at 06:42 PM

quote:

It's not so much the content, it's the proximity to the event I believe. Personally, I'm not against it, but I'm not all for it either.
Indeed, this event is so close to our history to be made into a game, there are still people with emotional grievance about this event that could be stirred up by this game...The Titanic was so long ago many of the relatives who have lost loved ones in that event have long forgotten about it and will be very old now. The only games with a historical link in that I have played and really not seen a problem with that are many of the WWII games (mainly Medal of Honour: Rising sun) because that reflected on the atrocities of war as well, and why it is wrong...This game with modern events is to premature...
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by user27089 on 10-11-2004 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
These game designers are putting alot on the line by making this game.

No they're not, a lot of people will buy it to take them through all of the different events that happened, a lot of bad stuff has happened through the years, and games have been made about it, nothings being put on the line, they're producing a game about bad events that have happened, thats it, I don't see why everyone is bitching about it, i'll probably buy it, its going to be an interesting game, trying to help as many people as you can, sure, a lot of bad memories will be returning, and most of them not good, well pretty much all of them won't be good.

Like people have said, there will be films about it and everything in the near future, so I don't think there is anything anyone will do to stop it. People make games about war and terrorism all the time, this is just another one of those games.

RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Johnny_Mac on 10-11-2004 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Indeed, this event is so close to our history to be made into a game, there are still people with emotional grievance about this event that could be stirred up by this game...The Titanic was so long ago many of the relatives who have lost loved ones in that event have long forgotten about it and will be very old now.
:^)

Just because an event was a long time ago it doesnt mean it doesnt have the same effect 90 odd years later. In 2093 would this game be okay because the 9/11 thing was so long ago? :undecided:

I really don't see a problem with the game, but it has to have the respect for every incident, not just 9/11 or the paraguay disaster because they're close in memory.
RE: RE: 9/11, 2001, the game by Guido on 10-11-2004 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
This game with modern events is to premature...

I agree the subject is a bit delicate, but all disasters should be considered equally... it's ridiculous to think that walking through the radioactivity in Hiroshima is "more OK" than saving people in ground zero. Particularly considering the Paraguay incident which I see no one complaining about (except Jmac), and that was TWO MONTHS ago, not 3 years ago (I'm not saying either should be forgotten, of course)... plus when would be OK? after 5 years? after 10 years? 20?