Shoutbox

Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? (/showthread.php?tid=32891)

Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by gwenou82 on 10-11-2004 at 03:23 PM

Has anyone think of a fullscreen mode webcam plugin ?

It would be so great...

I need to find a videoconferencing software and the only bad point for MSN is that there is no fullscreen mode :S

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by Vantage on 10-11-2004 at 03:27 PM

Maybe The Blasmaphere [DJMystic] i dont know how to spell his new name.  He's the one who did it with display pictures.
But why would you want it full screen? what about your other contacts? How would you chat to the person without a microphone?

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by gwenou82 on 10-12-2004 at 07:53 AM

Actually, I need it to display on a 17" TFT screen. I am a teacher and one of "my" 10-year children is ill (for about 2 months). I sometimes (twice a week) use MSN to videconf with him. His classmate can see him during my course : the TFT flat screen is next to my black board.
So I have a microphone, a webcam and I don't need to chat.

The children really enjoy that but the webcam is displayed so small...

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by kittyfantastico on 10-12-2004 at 08:59 PM

Well if there was 1 made wouldn't the resoultion be really bad because the people i no with wab cams when you make it as big as it can go now it looks abit rubbish.

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by BlackStar on 10-13-2004 at 10:33 AM

Isn't Microsoft Netmeeting an alternative?
I have not been using it for ages, but I think you can have fullscreen in it.
Check it at www.microsoft.com/netmeeting

EDIT: Just tried it and I can have pretty large windows, no need for fullscren since the largest display almost covered my whole screen (1600*1200). If you have WinXP and can't find it, just press Window-F1 and search for Netmeeting and it will start it for you, or alternatively, install it for you. It asks for creation of Shortcut on your Desktop and/or a Quickstart Icon.
Give it a try, it works real nice and you can have sound too.

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by Pyroteq on 10-13-2004 at 12:11 PM

A fullscreen webcam convo would get sort of distorted and pixilated without a good quality camera

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by brad__bomb on 10-13-2004 at 09:36 PM

Well, I don't think there's many webcams out there with really good full-screen resolutions. Plus, you'd need major bandwidth to be able to do that.

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by BlackStar on 10-13-2004 at 10:02 PM

Well there are very good cameras out there for very low prices. I've got one myself. It is not a Webcam. It is a normal Digital Camera. It is only on 2 Mpixels but is has very good quality. It will ALSO function as a Webcamera, a 2 Mpixel one. Also, the Focus, Zoom and Aperture is controlled by the camera, hardware, much better than any WebCam out there. As a bonus you can also make Video, 320*240,QT format w sound. It is a Minolta Dimage X20. For the cost of one DigiCam and one Webcam I had it all in one.

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by bungleMX on 10-14-2004 at 12:02 AM

yahoo messenger has full screen video conference and very good quality, let's hope microsoft take this idea from yahoo messenger, just like the ones we are seeing in msn7 beta

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by gwenou82 on 10-14-2004 at 07:16 AM

Thank you very much for that !
I gonna try Netmeeting and Yahoo Messenger :-)

I will tell you if it's alright for me...

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by gwenou82 on 10-14-2004 at 11:31 AM

I tried Yahoo! Messenger and it's exactly what I wanted...
The resolution is not too bad afterall...

Thanks

RE: Fullscreen mode webcam plugin ? by Pyroteq on 10-20-2004 at 07:03 AM

See http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33342

Quote:

Nikki -- MSN (Expert)
Q: Are we going to have to pay for webcam conversations?
A: the webcam feature that shipped in version 6 of Messenger will continue to be free in version 7. we are introducing a new feature in version 7 that will allow you to make premium audio/video conversations including full screen video that will be for a subscription fee.