Shoutbox

The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup (/showthread.php?tid=32911)

The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by riahc4 on 10-11-2004 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Setup
I refuse to give my support, install Messenger Plus! without the sponser

That makes us users which do not want the ads on our computers feel like we're just giving a big F-U to Patchou and Messenger! Plus. We fully support Patchou and Messenger Plus! but this makes most of us feel offened. :(
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by user27089 on 10-11-2004 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Setup
I refuse to give my support, install Messenger Plus! without the sponser

That makes us users which do not want the ads on our computers feel like we're just giving a big F-U to Patchou and Messenger! Plus. We fully support Patchou and Messenger Plus! but this makes most of us feel offened. :(

I completely agree, its a little bit harsh, he could've used different wording, but I suppose that if someone does feel guilty they may install it, and patchou will get cash

:cheesy:
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by _Humphreys on 10-11-2004 at 07:38 PM

Yeh he's using the guilt card.8o|

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by MessEnGer on 10-11-2004 at 07:40 PM

personally I don't really think that it is offensive but do feel that it should be changed cause it might not be offensive but is kindda harsh like traxor said

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Johnny_Mac on 10-11-2004 at 07:50 PM

I dont. :undecided:

I am refusing to give my support by not installing it.

It doesnt mean I dont want to give my suport in other ways, just the ad method.

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by matty on 10-11-2004 at 07:52 PM

The reason it is worded like that is to make his users aware that the agreement is not for the sponsor program. This way no one can complain that they didn't read it because if they click the first option another window opens up for them to agree to install the sponsor.

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Johnny_Mac on 10-11-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The reason it is worded like that is to make his users aware that the agreement is not for the sponsor program.
Erm... What?

This is the sponsor agreement we're talking about, of course its about that.
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Chrono on 10-11-2004 at 08:14 PM

what he means is that that window is asking u if u ant to support.
if u chose to support, then a new window with the sponsor agreement will pop up :P

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Patchou on 10-11-2004 at 08:28 PM

haa...don't tell me the new wording is not good enough now. I did what everybody wanted me to do and I changed it so that the option is more obvious to anybody.

What would you want me to add instead? "do not click here"? :p I'm spending a lot of time redesigning the screens of the sponsor, I got to encourage people to install the sponsor. I'm not lying, I'm not selecting anything by default and I'm not giving false information. I don't think there's anythign wrong to let people knwothat if everybody stop to install the sponsor, I won't be able to continue to put so much time in Messenger Plus!.

Don't take the "I don't want to give my support" thing too personal, I think this is the best way to write it (instead of make the "I accept" one in bold for example, that would be misleading). I know you all support me even if you don't install the sponsor on your computer so don't worry about that, take a screenshot of this message and put it in your wallpaper for the next time you feel guilty ;).

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by _Humphreys on 10-11-2004 at 08:34 PM

K done that it's just a little mis leading thats all I actually installed the toolbar once :$ how stupid im not a n00b.

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Bradl3y on 10-11-2004 at 10:27 PM

I'd be happy to install the sponsor if it wasnt obtrusive, but IMO, that sponsor is obtrusive, too bad you cant get a sponsor that changes the MSN Messenger ad to their own haha, that would be awesome, i'd love to support you in otherways, cept im just a lazy jobless 18 year old punk.

I don't feel guilty for not wanting to install something on my computer, I don't think that is meant to get you to feel guilty, just to let you know that if you install the sponsor you are supporting him, and vis versa... i am very happy that its much harder to accidently accept hte sponsor agreement now.

Microsoft should hire you, they really should, all your kick ass features come built in with MSN Messenger, then you make some kick ass cash!

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Patchou on 10-11-2004 at 11:05 PM

lol... well, talking about intrusive.. I installed Kaza on avirtual station today to see what was happening and: OMG. NothingIcoulddo to try to remove all the ads worked, I tried to install Adaware and when it misteriously crashed, samething for SpyBot... Kazaa even changed some of the stuff of my own sponsor program. I really think somepeople should reconsider their opinion of lop.com being the worst thing available on the net.

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Jeronimo on 10-11-2004 at 11:15 PM

I think the argument that lop.com is the worst sponsor out there is a silly one. No matter how many times you tell people, they do not seem to realise that you have worked closely with lop.com (or C2Media or whatever they are called!!) and have a heavily modified sponsor program.

Sadly its the same argument people make when Microsoft make a product. Since its Microsoft, it muct be crap/evil/monopolising etc etc. The fact is they make some great stuff, but people tar them with the same brush.

I think I'm getting a little sidetracked here. Since we aren't supposed to post screenshots, I was wondering how many different versions of the sponsor agreement there are? The only one I have seen was quite clear. I would be happy to go with it!!  [Image: woot.gif]

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by matty on 10-11-2004 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:
The reason it is worded like that is to make his users aware that the agreement is not for the sponsor program.
Erm... What?

This is the sponsor agreement we're talking about, of course its about that.

Oops J_Mac, I was at work when typing this and had to finish real quick cause I got a call so...
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Patchou on 10-12-2004 at 12:40 AM

There are currently 5 versions available for download.

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Concord Dawn on 10-12-2004 at 01:44 AM

I'd honestly go for Plus! installed 5 different times on my computer. Who wouldn't? :D

RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by matty on 10-12-2004 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Please Patchou, no more, its hard enough collecting them all as it is.

(Matty has 36 Plus! Installers)
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Concord Dawn on 10-12-2004 at 02:03 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Only 36? Pffttt! :P

As I'm sure you will make the best descision you can based on user feedback, I'm behind you all the way, although I suggest on the "Installation Complete" screen, there be a dancing banana done with the Plus! symbol in the background.
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Chrono on 10-12-2004 at 02:03 AM

quote:

nah in this case is nice, what isnt nice is to try to get special priavate betas that he sends to one guy to fix a bug :P
RE: The "I Refuse" phrase in Plus! setup by Pyroteq on 10-12-2004 at 07:46 AM

I refuse aint that strong it makes it more obvious.. I Installed it the first time and clicked the ads just to support the program but i uninstalled it because it was annoying the hell out of me

Patch are you talking about Kazza or Kazza Lite? Because im using kazza lite K++...